Preferred Tax Relief / Unauthorized Drafting of Funds

1 1875 Century Park East, 7th FloorCentury City, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-515-1154

The manager of BayBreeze Seafood Restaurant of Henderonville, NC called Preferred Tax Relief to inquire on their services. Without authorization or any paperwork provided and thus signed, Preferred Tax Relief drafted $8500.00 from the account of BayBreeze Seafood Restaurant. This draft was not authorized nor did the manager ever indicate that PTR would be hired for their services. Instead, he asked they send information and necessary documents and that once the owners reviewed them, a decision could be made. When the funds were discovered to have been missing from the restaurant account, Preferred Tax Relief was contacted and asked to return the money. They have refused. After a police report was filed they offered $5000.00 and claimed to require the remaining $3500.00 as a minimum fee to cover their expenses. It is unclear what these expenses are since no services have been provided by Preferred Tax Relief to BayBreeze Seafood Restaurant. In fact, no paperwork or contract was even sent until after the manager of the restaurant called to ask for his money to be returned.

Comments

St
  17th of Feb, 2009

Very untrue, and it must be addressed. As a case worker at Preferred Tax Relief, I can tell you without speaking specifically about this restaurant's tax payment history (unless he gives us permission to do so) he gave specific verbal authorization to process the fee, with account numbers, routing numbers, etc., with the understanding that the paperwork was a formality. It appears he changed his mind after much time has passed and his casework had begun without telling us. The complaint makes it sound sordid, and that is not how we do business, and we have since destroyed the banking information he gave us. We went beyond our refund policy and we're still not sure after lengthy conversations to hire us why he changed his mind. As a firm of ex-IRS attorneys and ex-IRS CPAs who typically get very favorable financial arrangements with the very tough IRS for our clients, we are used to people taking out their frustrations with their tax problems on us. As I've stated elsewhere, many people come to us late in the game with a dire tax situation and we are forced to perform triage, if you will, and most of the time they are up and around in no time at all. All in all, most of our clients are very happy and relieved with our help. 800-515-1154.

Ni
  5th of Apr, 2009

then y do you have an F rating w the los angeles bbb

St
  14th of Apr, 2009

We have a B- Rating, thank you.

Al
  6th of May, 2009

I agree PTR took my money but waited so long to negociate my account with the IRS that by the time i filed for my tax return the IRS took all the money i was suppouse to get back, including my stimulus credit for buying a house in 2008 ($7500) of course that and my refund covered what i owed the IRS and PTR does not need to resolve anything with the IRS, in other words i paid them $2700 for doing nothing. I ended up paying more than what i needed to pay

Sa
  22nd of Jun, 2009

Preferred Tax Relief, located in Century City, CA. also took $3, 500.oo from me on Dec. 2008 and provided absolutely no tax services. They are a complete scam. Check out more complaints on /link removed/ type in "Preferred Tax Relief" and see how similar everyone's report of their terrible or no service really are...

Sa
  22nd of Jun, 2009

You have a C+ Rating Stephan Kinderly. Again you and your group of money grubbing thieves are misrepresenting.

Je
  20th of Dec, 2009

This is my favorite part of Mr. Kinderly's response:

"The complaint makes it sound sordid, and that is not how we do business, and we have since destroyed the banking information he gave us."

Well of course you destroyed the banking information, you already wipped out all the money in the account. What good is bank account information if the balance is $0.00. PTR is the black widow of the tax world.

Re
  14th of Jun, 2011

There must be some way to find this company and file a lawsuit to recomp our money, I have hired an attorney and plan on getting my money back