Popeyes Chicken And Biscuits / upset stomach

1 8605 Midlothian TurnpikeRichmond, VA, United States Review updated:

My husband and I have eaten at the "new" Popeyes restaurant twice. The first time I had a terrible stomach ache only - but last night I had diahrea 5 times or so. I had terrible pains, and sweats all day today. I don't know what is in the spicy chicken batter but something isn't agreeing. My husband has a much higher tolerance than I do and he also had the same result. I am just glad that we didn't feed my son the chicken. Since he isn't a "spicy" eater he just had the biscuits and mashed potatoes. It's a shame that this keeps happening because I totally like the flavor of the chicken. Unfortunately I can't take a chance in the future. It's not just us either... I asked someone did they eat at Popeye's yet and his response was yeah but it gives you an upset stomach. (his wording was different). I surely hope this doesn't happen to anyone else.

Va

Comments

• Wi
      1st of Jul, 2016

This could happen in your own home. Sometimes, things just do not sit well on your tummy. Heck, I have had ice cream do that to me. It is no way means the place or the food is bad. It just means it did not jive with you. I swear, people act like their own food never made them poop.

• Ar
      4th of Jul, 2018

I agree with the original poster. It's not that the food isn't fresh or tasty or prepared well. The issue is that there is something in the ingredients that is upsetting stomachs. I believe they use MSG heavily in their seasoning and that is what is causing stomach upset. It doesn't matter whether you are getting the spicy or mild either. Great tasting chicken otherwise but the tummy can't take it.