PoolTablesDirect.com / Terrible experience

Situation: I ordered a pooltable from Pooltablesdirect.com after speaking with 'Andrew' (assume it was Andrew Walker, CEO) in September 2008. He 'sold me' that the custom built table would be delivered in 12 weeks: I paid $1499 in advance, and set up a tentative appointment for a professional installer to be at my home in December.

Challenge: After 14 weeks, and no delivery or communication by Pooltablesdirect.com, I called the 800 phone number on three different occassions during business hours unable to speak with any company representative. I left two messages outlining my transaction number and requesting a call back regarding my order. I received NO REPLY.

Action: I sent a series of emails requesting simple information regarding my order only to receive replys from Pooltablesdirect.com customer service stating, '...our phone service is being changed...we apologize, ' and '...we are changing our manufacturing plant due to 'unable to meet our standards'...' Again, I sent emails requesting to speak with a customer service representative in person; I left my home, cell, email, physical address. I HAVE NOT RECEIVED A TELEPHONE REPLY TO DATE. As a result of extremely poor customer service, and NO DELIVERY OF GOODS PAID IN FULL (by the way this is illegal and punishable by law) I have filed a dispute and report to the local authorities.

Result: If you are reading this report, then you are either thinking of purchasing from this business or are in a similar situation as described. Either way, I would suggest NOT PURCHASING ANYTHING FROM Pooltalbesdirect.com or you'll probably find yourself in the same situation.

More PoolTablesDirect.com Complaints & Reviews

Plus PoolTablesDirect.com - Custom Pool Table [1]

A  23rd of Jan, 2009 by
I ordered a table in may (paid for in full immediately), it finally arrived in mid december. I also paid for the service to have the table assembled. The assembly team that arrived told me it was a pretty poor design and suggested I return the table. I have tried about every day to get ahold of the company by phone or e-mail; it is next to impossible to contact the company. My table has been sitting in pieces in my basement for over a month!
A  23rd of Jan, 2009 by
I ordered a pool table with the deluxe accessories plus a ping pong top in October 2008. I called numerous times to see when delivery would be as it is stated in the advertising, 'delivery in two weeks'.
I paid for this in full with my Visa card; in November the ping pong top was delivered; several weeks after this I finally got thru to a live voice, who looked up my order, said they had sent the pool table out but the slate top had fallen on the table, destroying it, so they would have to make another table or I could have my money refunded. I told them, foolishly, I wanted the table and asked when it would be delivered. He said he didn't know. Numerous unproductive phone calls were made again to ask what the status was; no person answered the phone, only the perpetual message that my call was important to them. I notice on the computer that the table is on order with delivery unknown. I have even written a letter to the CEO and sent emails as to when and if the table will be delivered. It is now 23 January; I was hoping for a Christmas 2008 delivery. Can you tell me if you are still planning on delivering my table, when this will happen and why don't your people take phone calls, respond to emails and letters?
I guess my next step will be is to have the attorney general look into what is going on.