Pimsleur Approach / Internet Order LLC. / Pimsleur Language Learning Advisor/ Program

1 Philadelphia, PA, United States Review updated:

I bought the Pimsluer language learning product. I only want to try the starter kit of $9.95. Be careful with the box that is already checked at the bottom of your order page. They will send you another program for $236. They charge you because they have your credit card number. I cancelled my credit card number I used to order pimsleur. When I called the company in order to return the product, I was instructed to wait for the return shipping label. This company tried to contact me a month later because the credit card has been declined. I was told again to wait for the return shipping label. Finally another month passed by, I received a email stating that my account has been sent to collection. I called and explained to the customer service line and that I have the package unopened, I am just waiting for the shipping label. They said the shipping label was emailed to me regardless of whether or not I have received the email. They refuse to take back the product eventhough it is unopened.

I would understand if the company wants to charge money for the use of the CDs over the period that the product is still in my hand. They may want to make some money out of their "free trial". However, in this case, the product is unopened. I did not want to open it because the starter kit does not show any sign that I can learn language from this learning program. There is no way I can learn or make use of their product over the course of waiting for the return shipping label. The customer service keeps draging on waiting time. At the end, they don't even want their product back even though it is unopen!
This company is really dishonest in all business sense. This is how they make money. Be careful before you think about ordering the product from this shady business.

An

Comments

7th of Oct, 2011

I have had the exact thing happen to me. I only wish this report was made more available. Now im stuck with an unopened box of CD's that they wont take back and have not ever sent a shipping label for. I filed a report with the PA attorney general

• Pi
      5th of Mar, 2012

These rip-off scam artists keep bombarding me with spam and will not stop. I have blocked every possible variation of their address but it keeps coming! Does anyone know how to stop them or where to report them. I am already multi-lingual an definitely do not want their junk. No one...NO ONE can learn a language competently in 10 days.

• Sc
      21st of Apr, 2012

This company has to be put out of business. They prey on unsuspecting customers who believe their promises and are willing to lose $9.95 to find out. Their practices are unethical and dishonest. I for one will not give them a plug nickel for their deceptions.

• Al
      8th of Jun, 2012

They did the same exact thing for me too. They put a trap to sell you 4 CD's for $9.95 but their target is to trick you to steel $250+. it seems these guys are making money from this spam and should be stopped.

• Je
      20th of Nov, 2012

Same thing happened to me.I tried to contact company to return the item but did not receive the label they require to ship it. But I did receive the letter demanding $384.00 for the balance owed or it will be turned over to a collection company.

• Bl
      2nd of Jan, 2013

This is incredible. I thought it was only me, now I see all the good people these SOB are tricking. Where's the Federal Consumer Bureau? This company must be stopped.

• Wi
      19th of Feb, 2013

The same scam happened to us. We will NOT send payment and if they want the package back, they will have to send the label. I don't care if they send their fake bill to a collections agency. Won't hurt our credit at all.

• Na
      4th of Apr, 2013

Have they sent your account to any collecting agency so far?

• Na
      4th of Apr, 2013

Did they sent your account to a collecting agency for real? I mean, Has any collecting agency actually contacted you so far?

• St
      8th of Apr, 2013

Well guys looks like I'm not the only one, I'm also a victim! I have a letter demanding me to pay $256 for something I didn't order. I purchased thier $10 MP3s which I downloaded but had no idea they were gonna send me package. I didn't ask them to send me anything... Can anyone tell me who to complain to. I am thinking about the Federal Trade Commision. Also, what are the consequrences if I don't pay... Thanks

• Sh
      12th of Jun, 2013

I want to thank everyone on here for the feedback, I just saw the info on aol and it sounded great, so prior to ordering I did research and came across this page and I am glad I did or I too would have been a victim of the same situation.

• Il
      15th of Sep, 2013

Absolute fraudster Company. Isn t there a Federal Criminal Agency at Philadelphia, to indict them and penalize the Directors for Fraud?? They robbed my daughter of $256 and want to charge $256 more - all for two junk CDs. These blokes rob people and on top of that issue threats. It is time that FBI / Philadelphia Police take a good hard look at this company and jail the Directors / Promoters.

• Mi
      5th of Jan, 2014

I put refuse on the package at the Post Office. They still haven't taken of the charge for the CD. In fact, they sent me another package, and when I get to the post office, I will do the same thing. Their advertising is false, just a way to lure you in!

• 11
      23rd of Jan, 2014

Same with me! I couldn't get a label, so I paid myself to send the unwanted cd's to the address they were sent from. I even sent the first cd's. They gave back the original $9.95! Then two days later I get a bill for $512 for the other cd's I sent back. I called and asked if they received them, they did! The total of all the cd's have been returned and they have records of them being returned. I also sent them registered and insured to make sure they got there. Here's the kicker, they say I am still resopnsable for the total amount! Even they are back where they came from! I will not pay!

• Sc
      16th of Jun, 2014

Ordered the $9.95 CDs and received a Gold set short after ($256).They keep sending letter to collect on the $256 that I didn't pay for (card got canceled). I just called them to ask if I can return the CDs as I did not order them. The lady on the phone told me that it's impossible to order the $9.94 CDs without also signing up for the Gold CDs! She insisted that I would have had agreed to receiving the Gold CDs and this statement was in three different places on the website when I checked out (I do not recall this). She said I could not return the CDs because it's been more than 30 days since I've received them. I'm now tempted to just send a cheque to be done with them. In their latest letter they also said they might send my account to a collections agency.

• Ri
      3rd of Nov, 2014

I also ordered $9.99 for 1CD for learning Spanish & that was it. Some time later I found
    a package which to me had no name and Idid not know who sent it so to see I opened it
    & inside were bunch of CDs but no Phone No. to call or any other info about the Company who sent it I checked my Bank Acct. and there was no charge soI did not know what to do. After a month a charge of $64.50 appeared and said Internet Order I was perplexed. Then another package came and some how I found the No. to call. THIS IS WHAT IS TOLD THAT I WAS SENT AN EMAIL THAT THEY ARE SENDING THIS PACKAGE & I SHOULD CALL THEM, IN THE SAME CONVERSATION I WAS TOLD THEIR EMAILS GOES INTO SPAM FOLDER, SO HOW IN THE WORLD I COULD HAVE CALLED THEM.IT IS A WELL THOUGHT OUT SCAM TO RIP PEOPLE OFF. They need to be Criminally prosecuted for intentional Fraud it also comes under inter state mail Frad.

• Pa
      7th of Dec, 2014

Cancellation & Return Policy
    Your use of the Internetorderllc.com and PimsleurApproach.com Websites constitute your agreement with the cancellation policy ("Cancellation Policy") set forth herein as well as within the fulfillment materials in each product shipment, and Acceptable Use Policies ("AUP"), which are also deemed to include any other terms and conditions stated herein, Internet Order LLC’s Privacy Policy, other stated policies and any applicable laws. This Cancellation Policy is subject to change without prior notice. If you do not agree with these AUPs, please do not use or access the Website.

You may cancel a shipment by speaking with a Customer Service Representative ("CSR"), anytime before it ships, at 866-204-7139. Please note that a shipment usually ships within 24 hours to 48 hours after placement of an order.

You may return a product within thirty (30) days of receiving the product, on condition that you follow the proper steps set forth below.

PLEASE FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO RETURN YOUR ORDER:

If you decide to cancel a trial offer, you must follow the following steps in sequential order:

First, you must contact our Customer Care Center to obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization Number ("RMA") and arrange a return. Our Customer Care Center can be contacted via telephone at 866-204-7139.

Second, you must clearly and legibly print the following shipping address on the outside of the shipping box containing the product you are returning:

Internet Order LLC
    2811 Southampton Rd
    Philadelphia, PA 19154
    Attention: Customer Care Center
    RMA No. ___________________
    Third, you must clearly and legibly print your RMA on the outside of the shipping box, below the address, as indicated above.

Fourth, you must ship the package within ten (10) days of receiving the RMA.

Timeliness and Shipping Method
    Be sure to ship the package in a timely fashion. Your RMA will expire ten (10) days after it is provided to you. After the ten (10) day period, your package may be refused by our warehouse and installment payments may resume.

We suggest that you use a reputable shipper who can supply a tracking number. Otherwise, you may be liable for the entire cost of the course if it is lost in transit.

IMPORTANT NOTICE AS TO REFUNDS
    Unless you specifically request otherwise, all refunds will be credited to the same credit card or bankcard used to initially charge the product. Please be aware that it may take up to thirty (30) days for a refund to post to your account.

If you receive another charge, or if your refund is not credited to your account within thirty (30) days for any reason, please contact our returns department directly at 877-790-7602. This will allow us to provide you with proper and expedient service.

Exchanges are Fair and Simple
    If you receive a defective product, we will gladly exchange it within 30 days after shipment of your order. However, you will need to first obtain an RMA number by calling us at 866-204-7139. Your replacement will be shipped to you once you call us and obtain an RMA number. You will not have to wait until we receive your defective product. We reserve the right to bill you for the reshipment if your order is not received within 10 days of issuing an RMA number.

Restocking Fees
    Per our cancellation and return policy, items returned without an RMA, or more than ten (10) days after the RMA was issued, may be refused by our warehouse. In certain circumstances, our warehouse may elect to accept the return past the ten (10) day period for a 25% restocking fee. Orders that are returned after the 30-day trial period is over will be subject to a 25% restocking fee. Returns that are not in re-saleable condition will be refused.

18th of Dec, 2014

Has anyone been sent to collections for this yet? I also "Owe" $256 for something I did not order, nor want. I am tempted to pay so this isn't reflected on my credit. However, I'm curious if I should pay or if this is something they don't follow through on? Feedback would be appreciated!

• Mo
      21st of Jan, 2015

I sent my package back to them and they say there is no record of it. Now thy want me to pay them 256.00, I don't have the CD's and they want there money. I sent it back with their instructions and they can't find it. I would not deal with these people if my life depended on it.