PetSmart / scam and fraud!

1 4600 Franklin AveWaco, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 254-774-6847

On Sat March 22 2008, I took my 2 lb Male Tea Cup Yorkie there to be groomed for Easter, To be honest he was a little matted on his head thanks to my 3 yr old trying to put pony tails in (but not bad at all).
I asked them to give him a bath and clip him in a standard yorkie cut he is a puppy and I want to show him off. No problem they said any thing else ie nails, teeth ect. I responded no thank you I can do that all myself.

I return at 7pm sharp to pick up my baby and was told please go to front and tell them ur dogs name and pay our pc in the grooming salon in down, and please return with ur receipt. Well I do as told and the girl says ur total is $76.00 I said sweetie are u sure u put in the right dogs name, yes ma'am she says.

I then ask to see why it was $76.00 well They painted HIS nails pink filed hi nails, brushed his teeth and charged my $30.00 for the single mat on his head. I at this point still have not seen my dog yet, I ask for the manager and was told he is gone the asst is here tho, but he cant help you the Manger has too, but if you want ur dog you gotta pay the $76.00 or you can leave him here until tomorrow but we will charge you $24.00 to board him over night. So like any good momma I pay the dang money walk to the salon receipt in hand and ask for my baby O MY GOD is all I can say the has a snoz cut on this face a fuzz ball on top of his head and not one single hair on his body is clipped even.

Still very angry and only getting madder I ask for his collar so I can leave before I get loud. They say he didn't have a collar on I return with yes he did you even looked to make cure his rabie tag # matched the paper I brought. No ma'am he didn't have a collar or if you did leave one I m sorry we seem to have lost it, I respond with that was a $20.00 collar plus his name tag and rabis tag and his micro chip number tag.

All I got was sorry well keep looking and let you know. As of today 3/26/2008 not a word. I tried to handle this issue with the store manager he was no help at all I called corp 5 times and have yet to hear a response!

Va

Comments

• Ca
      22nd of Jan, 2009

I work for Petsmart grooming in NY - matted dogs are charged premium to take out the mats. Plus, no one paints your dogs nails because they want to; you have NO idea how difficult it is to paint a dogs nails. Maybe the associate asked you for a top dog package which includes a better shampoo, conditioner and toothbrushing.

Cuts vary depending on the groomer and dog - if the dog is difficult to handle it's hard to cut them nicely. New groomers are always paired with experienced groomers to make sure no dog leaves the salon with a choppy or poor hair cut. Yorkies don't have poodle hair so that fuzz ball hair cut is probably unlikely.

As for your collar, not really sure what to say about that b/c each dog has a shelf. Perhaps you got flustered and didn't realize you took it off or vis versa.

I wish people would sit and watch their dog get cut and see that half of them are VERY difficult to handle without being biting.

Give the groomers some credit, it's very hard to please people that coddle their dogs like babies/humans and have no idea what kind of cut they want. Short? How short...? Like honestly we're not out to give your dog a bad cut or suck you dry.

• Sh
      1st of Jul, 2009

There is no such thing as a yorkie cut.

There is also no such thing as a tea cup yorkie, you spent twice as much for a dog bred down for size, that will probably live half as long due to twice as many health problems.

Brush your dog.

Petsmart does not even HAVE an assistant salon manager position.

• Lk
      19th of Jul, 2009

SheGroomsDogs... I agree, I used to work at petsmart, and i would see people like her ALL the time.