Petco / dirty ferret cage

6631 Edwardsville Crossing DriveEdwardsville, IL, United States Review updated:
2.5
I don't know where to start but this store needs investigated badly. There are many cages with little to no food and very filthy conditions. A lot of pets look very sick due to this. The ferrets did not have food and their water was solid brown and their whole cage was covered in feces because their litter box was solid black.
Ga

Comments

Bm
  21st of Dec, 2008
Was the water that was solid brown in a bowl? Because if it was in a bowl then it was a ferret wet food mixture, if it wasn't then you have every right to complain
  19th of Jan, 2010
this is funny because they don't give ferrets a bowl of water they give ferrets a bowl of wet food that look like their poop. You may ask why does it look like poop. Ferrets have a short digestive trac. Food goes in and comes out quickly. Pine pellets used in litter boxes can range in color from tan to black due to charcoal being added. People only complain about the bad about everything never the good. I don't believe this claim due to the ignorance of the person submitting the claim. They seem to know nothing about ferrets or their food.
St
  7th of Apr, 2010
They don't know anything.

I work at Petco and I'm going to disect this claim.
First off, the ferrets' water comes from their water BOTTLES. Ferrets would just tip their water bowl if we gave them one while they played. Their "water" was actually their dry food mixture. They have glands in their anus and, before they're shipped to us, go through surgery to have these removed. We mix their dry food with warmer water, thus the "dirty water." Softer food equals softer stool so that they don't hurt themselves after surgery.

Second, their litter comes in a variety of colors, depending what product that Petco ended up using that day. It can be a dark brown to black color. As far as the feces being everywhere... these guys have the SHORTEST digestive tracts I've ever seen. They probably poop every other hour. YOU try cleaning up after five of them every hour. My Petco does a spot check in the morning, when we open, mid day, when we close and right before we leave. It helps, but you're NEVER going to keep it spot clean.

I'd like to know how you know they looked "sick." Is this just a ignorant assumption?
Lo
  30th of Sep, 2010
Peta is the best place to send complaints they never take these issues lightly and if you pressure them on the subject then you've helped many pets from this type of abuse..

I saw something yesterday a groomer pulling a dogs face around by the chin to make it stop pulling away, I was shocked and if that was my dog I'd be in there like a flash, thinking that someone could be so cruel and abusive, it was a long night as I made a complaint and the head groomer and this groomer stood arguing with me whilst grooming this dog and again I HEARD THE DOG YELP IN PAIN...

SINCE I COMPLAINT TO MANAGEMENT GETTING NO WHERE I'M COMPLAINING TO THE MAIN COMPANY AND TO PETA TODAY...

Petco Animal Supplies Logo Petco Animal Supplies