Peroutka & Peroutka / Debt Collection

1 Review updated:

They are very dishonest. When they first started calling me, they told me they represented Capital One in a collection matter. I had 2 accounts and they held both. They first wanted me to pay, up front, half the outstanding balance to settle. When I tried to explain that I would not be in this spot if I could afford that, they practically called me a liar. When trying to set up a payment plan, they told me Capital One would not accept the amount I could afford to pay. Finally, they accepted the amount I could pay, and I made a good faith payment over the phone. They were to send me a receipt and instructions for future payments. I never heard from them again for over 6 months. No mail, no phone calls. Then I get served a lawsuit. I call to complain and they tell me I was ignoring their calls and letters, so they sued me. Told me the amount I wanted to pay 6 months earlier was no longer enough. They asked for half again to settle. Could not do it. Finally I had to agree to a Consent Judgment and now make monthly payments, in the exact amount, which was not enough and not acceptable before the lawsuit and judgment.

Sc
Oct 29, 2013

Comments

Nov 23, 2013

NoThankQ: Your assessment of the situation is totally wrong. Screwed did try to repay the debt. But P&P failed to send him statements or bills for six months, as promised, then suddenly sued him. You have very poor reading comprehension skills. Go back and reread the letter.