Pep Boys / cheating
I went to Pep Boys early in the morning today (June 3, 2008) for my Honda Accord service for oil change, transmission flush service and timing belt service. First of all, people seemed to be very lazy there. They would not give an estimate for 3 hours, while I was waiting in their dirty "Lounge". Then I realize that they charged more for all their services after I called Honda dealer in the area. However, on their sign, they put their prices can beat any competitor’s price. So I had the guy at the counter to talk with Honda dealer. The guy took the number from me and placed the call in a different room. I do not think he even called the dealer. After wards he told me that their services were more than the dealer was offering, that is why they are charging more. By the way, according to dealer, the most expensive timing belt service is $650, the pep boys were charging $850. How much more can Pep boy do which will be superior than the dealer? What a joke! They are pure cheating and lying.
Make sure not to go to their shops for your car service. I was burned and will never go back.
More Pep Boys Complaints & Reviews
- Pep Boys - badtreatment of employees 
- Pep Boys - rip off 
- Pep Boys Auto - brake repair scam 
- Pep Boys - terrible service! 
- Pep Boys - “miscellaneous shop charge” is a scam 
- The Pep Boys - tire replacement
- Pep Boys - incompetent service tech.
- The Pep Boys - tires
- Pep Boys - breaks rotors drums disc brakes the whole knew breaking system and my radiator
- Pepboys Store # 732 - the blatant disregard of respect and good customer service