Peach Direct / Customer service is crap!

I was suckered into ordering from Peach Direct. I was excited that I finally had the digital camera I have always wanted. Well here it is 1 month later, and I still have not received my merchandise. When you call customer service, you get the same response. "Order is pending" My favorite is not once but twice I was told that the shipping department does not update their records regularly and it may already be on the way as we speak. My response was I was already told that two weeks ago.

I informed them that if I did not receive my merchandise by Christmas, they were to cancel the order. In the meantime, I have been billed by GE Money Bank for products I have never received. I called GE Money Bank and they told me Peach Direct would be the company I need to call.

I want off the merry go round. My next call is to the Attorney General. Anyone want to jump aboard?

Comments

• Mi
      16th of Jan, 2007

Peach direct is the worst company that I have ever dealt with. Customer service? There is none. My order was placed on 12/16/06 and as of todays date, 01/16/07, my order continues to pend shipment. I have called constantly to the main order number to no avail. I have e-mailed customer service and have received no response. The newest lie I have been told is, "On Friday the 19th of January, we will have a tracking number for you". We shall see. I would bet that by this same time next month, I will continue to wonder were my product is. Do not allow yourself to be scammed. I feel that this is fraud and most likely this is a "company" run out of someones kitchen. This is crazy, the average teenager can run a better e-mail order business that this place does. Don't make the same mistake we have. Don't order, you will regret it.

• To
      18th of Jan, 2007

You know what i work for this company and let me tell you something.This company sucks,If they did not pay my bills for me and my three kids i would not work for this damn company.A warning to anyone who receives a brochure do not DO NOT activate the account PLEASE. They cant let you know if your order has been shipped even after the 2 to 3 weeks are up .even though don't you think 2 to 3 weeks is to long for delivery and be billed two days later after you place the order. Oh and ge money bank you are worse than peach direct

26th of Jan, 2007

I still have not received my warranties that i am getting charged for. They said I would get them a month ago by mail.
    These arrogant people should get shut right down. I personally hope the place burns right down along with GE money bank.
    These people are so worthless they ought to do the world a favor and just hang themselves, especially that lying slut I talked to the other day that hung up on me.

• Ev
      5th of Feb, 2007

Check out this link! There is no warehouse .. there is no staff. Everything is out-sourced thats why there are no answers only run around the call centers are off site and the company does not carry any stock. Click the link and read the page!

Peach Direct is simply a mass mailer that takes a risk in offering credit to its customers with a flashy web site and out-sources everything from customer service call centers to there inventory (there is none) so if you order a x-box 360 and its back ordered from Microsoft Peach Direct would have no idea until you placed your order and why would they tell you they want there money and returns would have to go to them and then back to whoever (microsoft, hp, phillips, etc..) then back to peach direct then to the customer .. its a cost cutting format that does not have the customer in mind at all! just max profit! Thats it .. so take a chance if you want .. just know the process and understand the laps it would take to get anything done (if something is defect or broken) hope the right item shows up and its in one piece!

Thats my 2 pennies .. here is the link

• Va
      6th of Feb, 2007

To anyone who is thinking about accepting credit from Peach Direct and ordering from their website, please think twice.

Seven weeks ago my husband and I ordered several products from the company to build a nice computer desktop set up. Four of the products came within three weeks and then the computer shows up sometime afterwards.

Upon opening the box I quickly discovered that this was not the PC we had ordered. We ordered an HP with the whole nine yards and in the box was that was half of what we ordered and not even a HP.

The company claims that if they are out of the item, they reserve the right to send a product of equal or more value without extra charge. This pc was certainly not equal or more.

My husband contacted the company via phone the very same day and explained the situation to them. They told him that they would send shipping labels in the mail so that we can return the PC to them.

Here it is a month later and after 3 more calls to the company, still no shipping label has arrived for us to send this sub-standard piece of garbage back to them.

We have since bought a new PC locally and the other computer sits in my kitchen waiting for the shipping label. Customer service keeps giving us the run around.

People, do yourself a favor and think twice about doing business with this company.

Theresa
    Uxbridge, Massachusetts
    U.S.A.

• Pe
      8th of Feb, 2007

I ordered a laptop computer from these people as a Christmas present for my husband on December 6. I was assured this item was in stock. After not receiving it I called. I was told the item was out of stock and would be shipped as soon as possible. After not receiving the item for another couple of weeks I called again and was given the same answer, I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told none were available. At last I received the computer and guess what it did not work. We called the tech support and were told the item was defective and we needed to contact Peach to send it back. We called Peach on 1/18 the day after receiving the defective computer and were told they would send out return labels. It is now 2/8/07 and still no labels. Just called again and I was told I had to wait two more weeks. Someone needs to give us a clue on how to handle these people. It just doesn't make sense. Joyce P.

21st of Feb, 2007

I'd like to take a second to say that Peach Direct is ripping off poor people, and they know it from the second they take an order.

My parents, who struggle ordered an HP computer. After waiting for a ridiculous amount of time (over 2 months) it finally showed up. My mother is 60 something and got it running, after plucking away at for a week or so she started to realize that this was not what she had been promised.

There is NO DVD burner, hell it can't even play DVDs. All of the drivers are out of date, as in last installed in 2001!!!! Hello it's 2007, she got treated rudely and was told she can't return it, she a 15 DAY WARRANTY! This is total Bull! Say what? It gets worse Programs won't run, the operating system is unstable and she received NO Manual with the entire system!!! People at Peach Direct are awful and in Fact the are Bullies, only after threatening with a lawsuit was she put threw to a "manager" who was even more rude than the previous person. The system continues to fail.

When we contacted HP, they could do NOTHING to help with the situation.

They must sit around their office wearing SKI MASKS Answering the phones??? They are Thieves!!! PEACH DIRECT SUCKS, DON'T EVEN CONSIDER ORDERING FROM THEM!!!

Angela R
    SW FL

• Vi
      18th of Mar, 2007

I just accepted credit from this company and after what I have seen here I am doing some major questioning. I am going on 2 weeks that my order says pending. I am thinking about cancelling it all what do you think. Has anyone had good service out of these people??? Please let me know.

• Ri
      21st of Mar, 2007

I ordered a philips 42" plasma television on march 2. I just received it it today march 21. Excellent television, customer service was good. Maybe they got there act together after all of these negative comments against them. I would by from them again.

27th of Mar, 2007

I ordered a pc from direct and it took them a month to send the pc but i still have not yet received the printer after numerous attempts to talk to someone it is always a stupid automated thing. I agree with every one it is a very ### place and they sure take their time in sending things. It is awful. We all need to get together and get this company shut down.

• Cr
      31st of Mar, 2007

I just ordered a laptop, printer and camera from these guys. I received the laptop and printer within just a few days, but still waiting on the camera. The printer I received was not the one I ordered but I did read in the fine print that they reserved the right to substitute it, so that was fine. Not sure how long the camera will take to get here but I'm happy so far.

9th of Apr, 2007

I'm also a victim of Peach Direct scam. Hope everyone who had been a victim of this company file a class lawsuit against this company.

17th of Apr, 2007

Can one call GE Money Bank right now and cancel the card/account, then call Peach Direct and tell them to deliver the product to someone else? After all the negative press I am really feeling like a jack@$$ for not doing better research before getting involved but you would think that something with "GE" attached to it is legitimate.

I feel stupid now.

• Ca
      26th of Apr, 2007

I really know very little about peach direct but this I do know - they are offering a handbag line Lowe Valentini which is truly a gem. Very high quality and incredibly talented designer. If they have the bags they are near Louis Vuitton quality. My problem...? Lowe Valentini was the playground for some very sophisticated con artists that burned the actual designer and a lot of good people. These bags are either being sold by criminals or were somehow sold to this company in a back handed fashion as I can assure you the designer is receiving no proceeds for the sale even though he personally absorbed the debt to produce all of the bags.

Buyer be very suspicious as I can assure you that I am very close to this brand and something is quite wrong

27th of Apr, 2007

I too ordered a deep fryer 4 weeks ago, hoping to get it by May 5 for a big dinner I'm hosting. Every now and then I check status and it keep saying "pending shipment". I called the company and they told me the same thing; "We can not check the status, it might have gone out already but there is no way of us to know till the shipping company let us know that it went out". Then I asked, can you give me the number to the shipping company so I can call myself, and their reply "we dont know which shipping company your order is coming out of, we have many."???

I also ordered a 42 inch Toshiba HDT. I was excited at first. Wow, all I have to pay is $51 a month. I know that with the finance charges I will be playing more than what the television is worth, but it's worth it. So I thought. That evening, after I placed the order, I decided to go on the internet and check the model I purchase. PeachDirect was charging $400 to $500 more than what the TV is selling for at the stores. Then they charge $200 for shipping - then the finance charges. I will be paying over $1,000 more. I'm better off going to Best Buy or Circuit City. I wasted no time and cancelled my order right away.

I'm calling today to check the status on my fryer. If Im not given a straight answer I will cancel my order and also my account.

• Mi
      1st of May, 2007
    PeachDirect - I have had good customer service

My experience with Peachdirect started off a little rocky, but "D" in customer service really bent over backwards to solve my problem. Not only did he solve my problem, he was able to give a discount for the trouble. Once "D" started to work on my account, I had my product within a week or so with the discount.

Thanks to "D" at Peachdirect

P.S. I am not an employee of, nor am I affiliated in any way other than being a customer, Peachdirect

• Me
      1st of May, 2007

I am sorry to say that I was also a victim of Peach Direct's unbelievable bad service... I received the catalog in the mail sometime in the beginning of December...Great timing for Christmas time... I wanted to buy a Toshiba laptop and a Ipod. I bought the laptop after my quick approval of $1800 credit.. wow!.. The following day I purchased an ipod on the website.. a week passes orders are saying "still pending"... I call Peach Direct and they say please allow 2 to 3 weeks of delivery...third week comes "still pending"... I call Peach Direct and they say please allow 21 BUSINESS DAYS!!!... something they didn't tell me before.. Sometime around the end of December... after Christmas... I receive a bill from GE Money BANK... WHAT!!!.. How am I to pay a minimum payment of $10 by Jan. 21 when I didn't' even get anything yet... 21st day comes... still no products. Peach Direct claims laptop is not in stock and ipod has shipped... but yet it still says "still pending" and in the meantime I was to start paying my bill.. BULL... I immediately canceled the orders.. Too make a long story short... I had to constantly go back and forth with Peach Direct and GE Money Bank... filled out several dispute forms, still received bills that I was not going to pay, and just plain false information from Peach Direct... It was not until April when finally everything was resolved... I received a lot of headaches from this company because of either someones stupidity or plain greediness... I advise you to do research on a company before you do any business with them... because if something is too good to be true it usually isn't

3rd of May, 2007

I ordered a 42" Panasonic Plasma TV from Peach Direct. I emailed a Mr D. Kim expressing my concerns about the numerous complaints. He emailed me back immediately and then called me on the phone assuring me that my order would go smoothly. Well that is exactly what happened. He expedited my order quickly and I received the exact item I ordered 2 weeks from the time of ordering(order by phone!). It is a brand new Plasma TV that works flawlessly. It was shipped by Pilot Air. I was allowed to inspect the item before signing for it. Mr Kim's explanation for the numerous complaints was that they were overwhelmed with orders because of the promotion and being a infant company were understaffed at the time. At present He said Peach is expanding its operation with more professionally trained staff. Also the shipping times will be shorter per Mr. Kim. In closing I also want to say that I haven't received a bill from GE Money Bank yet. Their new policy is to bill you after shipping. This is just my opinion on this matter and is the truth of my personal experience with Peach Direct. D. Kim was a very nice man that was willing to help above and beyond. I suggest any customer contact him with any problem.
    dkim@peachdirect.com

• Wi
      14th of May, 2007

I can sum up peach direct inone word sucks. The people in customer service have an IQ OF one I am really give them a lot of credit. I think that everyone who ordered from this company have the same issues. Put you on hold for several minutes and give you the run around. I contact BBB and they advised me they complaint rating was B

• Re
      25th of May, 2007

About a week after my wife and I ordered a 42" television from Peachdirect, I decided to check online and make sure that they were not involved in any suspicious dealings or ripoff tactics. Needless to say after finding this forum, I became quite worried. So, I took the advice given at the end of Chester Dodge's comments and e-mailed dkim@peachdirect.com with my concerns. Let me tell you, I was glad that I did. He gave me a phonecall soon after and was extremely helpful and perhaps the friendliest person I have dealt with in quite some time. He explained to me that the 100-plus complaints were a result of too many orders and too little supply during this last holiday season. He also stated that peachdirect is working to cut shipping times down to 3-5 business days rather than weeks, and that in the next 6-8-months customers will see a tracking number on their order status within a day or two of ordering.

He checked and was able to ensure that my television was leaving the warehouse and would arrive shortly. He then provided contact information for the air-freight delivery company (Pilot Air Freight), as well as a tracking number. I was able to track my package and see its exact whereabouts. He then provided me with his personal line at Peachdirect so that I could bypass the 800-number reps and deal directly with him. He was quite friendly and voiced that he would love for me to call him and let him know when the television arrived.

Peachdirect has a B rating on the Better Business Bureau website, which is considered Good, but had it not been for their oversight in supply vs. demand around the holidays, they would have an A rating. And because they have amended all problems, they probably will work their way back up to it.

In summation, I believe them to be a wonderful company, and I will definitely deal with them again. Their merchandise wasn't damaged, was in great condition, and it sure didn't take a month to get here (like some people are insisting it does). I look forward to dealing with them in the future. Sure you may pay some interest, but it's better than footing the entire bill right away.
    -Regan