Parr 3 Automotive / Fraudulance

1 Boiling Springs Rd.Boiling Springs, SC, United States Review updated:

I thought I could send my wife in and not worry about her being taken advantage of here but that was definitely not the case. I had her take her car in for a front brake job but instead they talked her in to a rear one so the problem with the front end vibrating did not get fixed until they did an alignment, turn the front rotors, and tried to get me to buy tires there but I would not. So what should have been about a hundred dollar brake job wound up costing me 320 dollars. Beware, I will never patronize this place again.

Bo

Comments

• Sh
      24th of Sep, 2008

To Whom It May Concern:

The customer’s wife, Mrs. Johnson, brought the 2003 Chevrolet Impala in to our facility for an oil change and to have the brakes checked on August 1st 2008. Our technician checked the front and rear brakes, since this is our common practice when we encounter brake issues. We inspect the condition of the brakes on all four wheels, no exceptions. After inspection, our technician noted that the front tires were severely worn on the inside edges and that the rear brake pads were nearly completely worn. The wife was called and informed of what we had found since she left her name and phone number as the contact person. She was informed that the rear brakes needed to be replaced at a charge of $150.00. She was also informed that the front tires were worn out and the front end was out of alignment. She stated that she had hit a deer in the past and that she had encountered problems with alignment and vibration ever since. She approved the installation of new rear brake pads verbally over the phone. She also stated that we shouldn’t worry with the front end alignment or tire problem at this point. Later that afternoon, Robert Johnson arrived to pick up vehicle. He was visibly displeased and he stated that we made a repair to his vehicle that wasn’t needed and that he still had his original problem with vibration. I, Shane Parr, manager of Parr 3 Automotive, Inc., informed him that his wife had approved the repair and told us not to worry with any of the front end problems. After further discussion with Mr. Johnson, I agreed to turn the front brake rotors on his vehicle at a discounted price to try to make up for any perceived miscommunication. He also asked us to perform a four-wheel alignment on the vehicle after he and I inspected the wear on the front tires. Upon completion of repairs, we charged Mr. Johnson $70.00 for turning the front brake rotors. This is a service that we normally charge $90.00 for. This resulted in nearly a 25% discount. We also charged him $70.00 for a four-wheel alignment which is our normal charge. Mr. Johnson was never told that most shops charge $30.00 to turn brake rotors. He was however told that it would cost $30.00 to turn the rotors if he performed the labor to remove and reinstall the brake rotors himself. The $70.00 charge included the labor and machining the rotors. As for the four-wheel alignment, I can personally guarantee Mr. Johnson that this service was performed. I was in the shop when the car was aligned and I test drove it myself. These services repaired the vibration in the front end and the misalignment of the tires. To address Mr. Johnson’s accusation that his vehicle didn’t receive a four-wheel alignment, I am willing to ensure the alignment of the vehicle in his presence. In other words, we will put his vehicle back on the alignment rack and assure him that it meets alignment specifications while he is watching since he doesn’t trust us. This customer was definitely not taken advantage of or ripped off. He actually received all of the above mentioned services at a discounted price. We take great pride in our customer service, quality work, and competitive prices. We never want to have an unsatisfied customer, but there seemed to be no way to please Mr. Johnson in this particular case. Mr. Johnson received quality repairs at a reasonable price to which he and his wife agreed. This is a typical case of a customer wanting something for nothing.

Sincerely,

Shane Parr/ Parr 3 Automotive, Inc

------------------------------------------
    The contents of this message, together with any attachments, are intended only for the use of the person(s) to which they are addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Further, any medical information herein is confidential and protected by law. It is unlawful for unauthorized persons to use, review, copy, disclose, or disseminate confidential medical information. If you are not the intended recipient, immediately advise the sender and delete this message and any attachments. Any distribution, or copying of this message, or any attachment, is prohibited.

• Ea
      13th of Oct, 2015

I had a similar situation as the johnsons but to a greater degree:

Parr 3 Review

BUYER PLEASE BEWARE!!!
    I AM LOCAL AND MY NAME IS ON THIS REVIEW AND IT'S JUST WHAT HAPPENED
    They get a 2 star only because they actually did the work that they over charged for and misled me into having done.
    I'm new to the area so when one of my work trucks broke down I called and spoke to Norman to feel them out and he assured me that he would be honest all along the way. Norman told me my truck needed a tune up for $300ish and I would be back up and running. I thought that sounded great and was less than expected so I decided to have the belts and hoses changed while it was in the shop. (It's an older truck) I also asked them to see if there was anything else that may need repair. Again, at this point i'm thinking all I have spent is $300 for a tune up. Norman called back the next day and said that we also needed front brakes and that the starter seemed a little bit week and it could go at any moment and that the total would be $1300 for everything. That seemed like a fair price and safety is important for my employees so I told him to go ahead. When my don went to pick up the truck our bill was almost $2000. When I asked how it went from $1300-$2000 Norman told me that he had informed me that we were already at $1300 before the brakes and the starter. Do the math people $300 for a tuneup plus belts and hoses does that sound like $1300? Bottom line is they totally misinformed and misled and Norman is a liar and I told him so on the phone so I don't feel bad at all writing it in this review. Lesson learned because I guess I should've got it in writing but because of our conversation where he assured me that he would treat us the way he would want to be treated I felt like I could trust him.
    BUYER BEWARE!!!
    Tune up, belts and hoses, front brakes and a starter $1960? C'mon Parr 3
    They did actually do a few more things than this but they never approved it. What would they have done if I hadn't had the $2000. JUST BEWARE PEOPLE BEWARE!!!