One Stop Motors / Greatest scam

I had this guy called Matt which promised me that he could sell my car for $1000 dollars more than what I asked, for but of course he wanted for me to pay him $300 for marketing purposes (yea right). So I told him that if he sold my car for $1000 more he could just get his costs of the sales price. When he found himself cornered and without any argument he became rude. Whatever you do never give out your credit card number to these thieves. They give you absolutely no guarantees. I looked them up in Nevada’s better business bureau, and they are not even a member. Further more they have had 167 complaints of people giving their credit cards to them and then never hearing a word from them again. Some people getting robed of $500 and up. This company is a joke. They have other affiliates so watch out. (Sell-car-free.com and sell-my-caronline.com) same scam just different names, since of course the word is already out about these lowlifes. Its funny how they managed to get a good review in here.

Probably Matt's mom did manage to sell her Rav4. Beware of the dogs in this one. Matt if you are reading this...eat S..T

Va

Comments

24th of May, 2008

We too, were took by this company. We advertised my son's 2002 Mustang GT and we wanted 13, 000 and they offered to get us 15500 for only $500.00. So we went with them. Not one time after we paid have we heard from them. I have went on and lowered the cost myself twice because we have not had one call on this car. I think there should be a class action suit to get our monies back.

• Tr
      8th of Oct, 2008

I too have been ripped off by one stop motors. I would love to find others willing to help in a class action lawsuit.

• He
      28th of Oct, 2008

same here, they got to me when I put my jeep up for sale on craigslist. I am more than willing to go to court over these ###! if more people are willing to go to court just let me know

• My
      8th of Feb, 2009

I am starting a Class Action against OneStopMotors.com
    Please read my blog for more information.
    If you would like additional info; or to share your story, please contact me.

• Ve
      13th of Apr, 2009

One Stop Motors is great, they didnt promise to sell my car but promised to run my ads until sold and sell is what they did. They sold my car for more money than i was asking and got it done in a timely manner, WOW what a great company and the customer service was out of this world, the answered all my questions in a timely manner and were very easy to work with. Just because they dont sell EVERY vehicle in a timely manner doesnt make them a scam or a bad company. I researched and it takes $50 just for each website and they finance and ship and i only was charged $499. I would use them again anytime i can. They also can and do track how many vehicles they sell, its 15, 000 to 20, 000 a year. Its just too bad previous employees that got fired cause they didnt follow the rules of One Stop Motors and now they want to give the company a bad name!!!

7th of May, 2009

I used One Stop Motors and was extremely nervous but all went well, it took about a little over a month and my 2005 Honda Accord was sold. I know that when you contact the BBB they will tell you they have been in business over 7 years and I being a business woman I know that you can not stay in business that long and be a scam so honestly step back and really look at the reality of it, if your car doesnt sell it doesnt mean SCAM it means the economy sucks.

• Iq
      21st of May, 2009

Not all of us previous employees were fired. and for your information the websites they list you on, most of them are free, I worked for them for almost 4 years and did a lot of lying and underhanded things for them. it cost them maybe 50-60 to post your vehicle. So, to all of you current employees trying to kiss Ray Spears ###. It will not work, because all of us who were smart and left that company will always be here to tell the truth about OSM !!!

• Cu
      22nd of May, 2009

So if you think it cost so little for the 50+ websites that the customers get with the package, how much does the keyword optimization where we out them at the top of the search until there vehicle is sold and also the ebay auction where we pay ALL the listing fees and commisions cost?? I dont know who told you the 50 websites dont cost anything but just the autotrader ad itself runs $53.00 just for that one site!!! If you quit it must be because you didnt do your homework on the company and dont really know the true facts.. I just had a client call me and thank me because we sold his Harley Daividson in 2 weeks for him and he was very happy!!

• Tg
      26th of May, 2009

One Stop Motors has been the victim of Internet slander. A number of negative posts have began appearing on the Internet dating back to 2007, coincidentally, the same year a disgruntled employee was let go from the company.

According to One Stop Motors President, Rob Wilder, the company has researched the complaints, attempting to match the names posted on each listing with their database of clients. None of the names listed in the complaints board match their records of active or past clients.

One Stop Motors believes most of the complaints are the result of a disgruntled employee that was let go from the company in 2007, as well as posts from local competition. “We have thoroughly researched each complaint that has been posted for two reasons. One, we want to see whether these are legitimate postings, and two, if they are, we want any customer, past or present, who is not satisfied with our services to contact us right away. We have always gone the extra mile to ensure the happiness of our clients, and we will always continue to do so, ” said Wilder.

Third party consumer protection sites have also researched the negative complaints and have publicly denounced their validity, declaring, “One Stop Motors customers can feel safe confident and secure when doing business with the One Stop Motors program - Committed to total customer satisfaction.. One Stop Motors ensures that all customers get the highest level of service and support.”

• My
      21st of Jun, 2009

For the record, OSM has hired bloggers.
    Yes, bloggers. People placed on the payroll to write more lies and appear the victim.

Remember what I told you. Get it in writing. How many cars have sold, that current week. Can you please have the names and numbers of satisfied clients and most importantly, what are the numbers for their financing.

Have you been offered Credit Repair through OSM?

If so, contact me. I think you have a very strong case for a law suit.

OneStopMotors.com is a breeding ground for drug addicts.

You have been warned, you have been cautioned and I would encourage you to investigate.

Ray Spears, it might be time for you to enter your hide out and access your off shore accounts, bud!!! ;)

• Mi
      6th of Jul, 2009

Dear Current and good OSM employee,

You really need to do your home work about the sites, first off you don't post them on auto trader, so what would the 53.00 have to do with what is cost OSM to post? you must be a really good employee if you don't know the sites. And for your information I have documentation of all OSM websites they post to and everything else. I kept very good notes and documented everything, so if you ever need to be trained let me know !

• Mi
      6th of Jul, 2009

My name is Ray. I quit
    my job to become a full-time poker
    player. The poker was bad enough—
    even when I was winning. But it was
    what went along with the poker that
    was also my downfall.
    uncommon. When
    I played poker,
    I could go four
    days straight with
    only five hours of sleep. Twenty hours
    of playing was just a warm-up.
    But all this non-stop gambling
    was only a symptom of deeper issues.
    I lost a son six years ago—along with
    everything I had in the world. I had a
    $35, 000 gun collection, shot competitively
    and lived to go fishing and hunting.
    I lost it all. I also had a failed marriage
    and eventually was charged with fourth
    degree assault.

• Hu
      9th of Jul, 2009

This shameless telemarking company build their business on lies and scam. Beware.

I posted my car for sale on Craigslist. The same day, I received phone call from One Stop Motors. They told me the same thing about selling the car for me…

I asked them where did they get my phone number. OSM claimed that Craigslist sold my phone number to them, that is how Craigslist can provide free service.

I know that is not true because as stated in every Craigslist posting, “It’s NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests”.

It’s a shame that this company builds their business model on lie and scam and get away with it.

I hope Craigslist sue OSM.

• Po
      13th of Aug, 2009

I have just filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau against One Stop Motors for deceptive sales practices. They made assurances of their ability to sell my vehicle (a late model hybrid) within five weeks...perhaps sooner if I priced it "to sell quickly". Well after six weeks and three price reductions, I received NO qualified leads or buyers. Every time I spoke with Customer Service, they suggested I lower the price, and wait two weeks to see what happens. I am not interested in waiting another two weeks for nothing. I called my credit card company to dispute the charge, and I will challange them in court if necessary. They are unscrupulous people, with only one goal...to get your money.

6th of Oct, 2009

I was taken for $300. One Stop Motors is a huge SCAM!!! They will steal your money!

6th of Oct, 2009

After experiencing many of these issues I received a call from the CEO of One Stop Motors and was able to come to a satisfactory resolution. Thank you Ray.

• Bo
      24th of Nov, 2009

This company is a worthless shameless bottom feeder piece of S..T scammer. I advertised to sell my car on AutoTrader and Craigslist, so they obtained my phone number and started calling me literally 5 minutes after the ad was posted despite the warning of "It’s NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests.” I sold the car on my own without their involvement, but they kept on calling me. I finally called their customer service and told them to stop bugging me. After a few disconnections in which I had to call them back, they told me that it would take up to 30 days to get my phone off their call list. Uhm..., it took them 5 minutes to call me after the ad was posted, but 30 days to get my phone off their list. I then decided to google OSM and all these negative postings popped up. DO NOT TRUST ANYONE FROM OSM, THEY ARE PROFESSIONAL SCAMMERS.

• 7m
      2nd of Dec, 2009

I'm in current negotiations with OSM.
    I'm reading these posts and its kinda hard to pick a side. I work for a mortgage company and many people place complants to my company because we foreclosed on their home when they didn't pay their mortgage for a whole year, some 2 some 3years.
    Anyway, with past employees, and current employees its hard to pick a side.

OSM why can't yall take the money from the sell?

OSM negatives: Can yall provide copies of your bank transactions that show fradulant charges placed outside of the 399 or 499 packages?

I'm not an employee or customer yet. Nor am i this Ray guy everyone hates. Just trying to make an informed decision.

• Ms
      5th of Oct, 2010

i am so happy that i have ead all these complantes my boyfriend posted is nice old truck on kijiji and one stop moters keeps calling him he asked me to research it and now i know not to go with them they asked him for $900 and they would raise the price of the truck to sell for 25000 yeah right they can kiss my white [censor]

thanks everyone!!

• Er
      22nd of Feb, 2011

I live in Hawaii and i got a call from this lady who said she worked for One Stop Motors..
    She told me her whole pitch and promised to sell my car for $499!! She also said that they would
    arrange to ship my car anywhere in the continental US if they found a buyer at no cost to me..
    Are you f..king kidding or what?! Do people really fall for this scam??
    These [censor] got my number off craigslist and now won't stop calling!!
    I would like to join the class action law suit when filed against these low life losers!!
    I am also filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau to make sure something is done about this...
    They may get away with it now, but there time will come..