One Source Talent / Scam services

One source talent, model agency, charge me $534. 95 for fees on june 24, 2009. I provide my personal digital
Pictures. I have been told i would be sent to castings and they would send my photos on demands. Nothing from them. I apply by myself to some castings, even the websites were wrong. I called them everyday, either they told me to be patient or didn't return my calls. I did some research on the net and i read that corp is a scam.
I am not the only one who has been trapped like that. On june 29th, i made a stop to my cc bank of america.
I sent all the papers to the dispute dept and this fake agency told them it's not refundable.
I refuse to be conned like this specially when i am unemployed. I cannot pay, i cancel my cc.
I am turning to you to help me to get my money back. What can i do?

Sincerely,
Jackie kirks

Jackiekirks@roadrunner.com tel:[protected]

Comments

• Ca
      17th of Aug, 2009

Jackie,

You were there a month? That's not very long to suddenly decide OneSource is scamming you. If you go to any source that provides you with a list of castings such as Backstage and LACastings, which is where alot of new actors start then you're going to pay a few hundred dollars JUST for the castings. At least at OneSource you get to create a digital card (industry standard) and you get a go to person. What it really sounds like is that you have unrealistic expectations, like becoming a movie star overnight so you won't be unemployed... and think everything is going to be handed to you without any work. Perhaps this is why you got laid off? If you start researching what is takes to get your foot in the door if you're not 5'9, 11oibs then you would realize you'd gotten quite the deal.

I believe you've just convinced me to sign up for OneSource. So Thanks!!!

• Mi
      1st of Oct, 2009

Yes, OneSource is a scam, a legit agency does not ask you for money up front. If they really believe they can market you they will make their money back for the cost of your portfolio, comp card, head shots, after they find you work. OneScource is a scam, they will sign anyone just to take their money. Run the other way as fast as you can!

ps. The person commenting above is probably an employee for them.

• Tr
      6th of Nov, 2009

Mike'sGirl,
    Thanks for the "legit agency" info. We received a telephone call from OneSource yesterday and made an "evaluation" appointment for our fourteen year old daughter this weekend. We were headed for New York. I don't remember contacting this consulting service but if I did, it was over a year ago as I was exploring with my computer. Your comment about OneSource echos others that I have read. I'm glad I decided to read up on OnSource and now I am skipping away with my money in my pocket!

I hope everything works out for those who were scammed.

Sincerely,
    Summ's Mom

• Be
      8th of Dec, 2009

Here is what SAG has to say about 'legitimate agencies' "Legitimate talent agencies do not charge a fee payable in advance for registering you, for resumes, for public relations services, for screen tests, for photographs, for acting lessons, or for many other services used to separate you from your money. If you are signed as a client by a legitimate talent agency, you will pay that agency nothing until you work, and then 10 percent of your earnings as a performer -- but nothing in advance. Legitimate talent agencies normally do not advertise for clients in newspaper classified columns nor do they solicit through the mail. If a purported talent agent seeks to send you to a particular photographer for pictures, hold your wallet tight and run for the nearest exit. Chances are s/he's a phony and receives a cut of the photographer's fee. If you need photographs, choose your own photographer. Better still, try another agent." http://www.sag.org/content/getting-started-actor-faq
    And with further research "One Source Talent" isn't listed with SAG or AFTRA which is another sign that they aren't worth your time. You can look on these sites to find legit agencies...http://www.sag.org/content/find-agent or http://www.aftra.org/home.htm

I'm cancelling my meeting w/ One Source Talent

• Da
      15th of Mar, 2010

I was scammed by one source and i was wondering on how to get my money back i am so pissed right now i can't believe I fell for it ugh im so dumb. Please anyone if you know how to get my money back please tell me

10th of Apr, 2010

call me if u know anything about them. 1989-289-1324 Martyn

• Sh
      2nd of Aug, 2010

Is true i went to the hall experience, went for an interview were they have a lot of us seatting in a room, then they said that they will just pick a few of us that they think have the talent . Then they make you come back for a second interview were they ask you for pictures and then everithyng goes ok till they said that you have to pay 534.95 dlls in that moment !!! the woman that did the interview ask me for my CC first and told me it was for the fee of 34'95 dlls that you pay monthly wich for me was not so much but then after i gave my CC she told me plus a 495 dlls fee of iniciation for pictures that they potographer will take of you and comp card so they can put your pictures on their webside . I told her i didn't have the money and she insisted, she told me beacuse they wanted to submit me to castings inmidiatly, she told me to haold while she is holding my CC on her hands and my passport ! and she let me waitting on the room, then she comes back and tell me that if i can pay next day ? the i tell her that i have to pay rent and i don't have the cash right now and she insisted telling me that i will be missing castings if i didn't sign in that moment and then i ask if i come back with the money in a few days and she said to me that they will not take me then !!!
    Is a total scam !!! A true agency they will not have this hunger of money like that, if they see you have a talnet and that they will make money with you of course they will do anything to work with you !!! plus they don't charge commision for your work !! that's just unacceptable . Anyway i was so happy that i was gonna be starting with an agent that i sign a paper were it says that they will withdraw the money on the 2nd of the month from my card, but after my experience and after i left the place i have a wired sensation on my and i call my boyfriend who is very smart and he is the one that told me to look the reviews . After i did it i found that is a total scam and i was gonna louse my money for nothing !!! so i called my bank and cancel my CC in that moment so they cannot charge me !!!

If you can avoid to do this ? please do . The best for all of you fellows that are in persuit of same dream :)

19th of Aug, 2010

One Source Talent is a service for the fashion and acting communities. One Source Talent maintains an interactive database of models, actors and clients looking to fulfill creative requests and needs. The goal of One Source Talent is to create cost-effective, working relationships between talent and clients via its interactive network. Created in 2003, One Source Talent has quickly found success in an extremely competitive industry previously dominated by a select few. With the opening of its Dallas office, One Source Talent has quickly expanded to eight offices in less than five years of operation. Additional offices can be found in; Detroit (Headquarters); San Diego; New York; Chicago; Miami; Phoenix; and Los Angeles.With its unique business structure, advanced technology and a dedicated staff, One Source Talent is quickly changing how the modeling and acting worlds conduct business. Talent and Client Benefits All evaluated and approved talent will have the benefit of:Real-time access and submissions to nation-wide castings and auditions, an interactive composite card for all digital and traditional submissions, a personal email account, industry workshops, “meet n’ greets”, a commission free environment and a benefit program from select businesses in each market. All evaluated and approved clients will enjoy: A searchable database of talent with detailed characteristics, a commission free service, a detailed talent evaluation process to ensure they are getting dedicated people and a corporate staff with years of industry knowledge and contacts.

• Mo
      23rd of Aug, 2010

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, ESPECIALLY BEARSGIRL68, YOU WERE RIGHT ON...THEY DID CONTACT ME, THE FIRST THING I ASKED THEM IF THEY CHARGE A FEE? THEY SAID NO, THEN I ASKED WHAT WAS THEIR COMMISSION, I EXPECTED TO HEAR 10% OR SOMETHING, THEY SAID THAT THEY DON'T TAKE COMMISIONS, AND I WAS LIKE THEN HOW ARE THEY GOING TO PROFIT...THEY KEPT ON CALLING TO MAKE AN APPIONTMENT. RED FLAG...ALL OVER...FIRST OF ALL REAL AGENCYS, DON'T CONTACT TALENT, THEY DON'T HAVE THE TIME TO DO SO, THEY ARE TOO BUSY AND HAS A REPUTATION OF BEING LEGIT, SO BASICALLY, LOT'S OF MODELS ACTORS WOULD GO THERE...THANK YOU YOU GUYS JUST SAVED ME A TRIP! AND MOST OF ALL MY $...AND THE PERSON WHO WROTE THAT THEY ARE LEGIT, AND SAMMI88, ARE EMPLOYEES FROM THERE TRYING TO MAKE ONE SOURCE TALENT LOOK GOOD. I WONDER HOW MUCH THEY ARE BEING PAID FOR LYING, AND I WONDER IF THEY ARE ABLE TO SLEEP AT NIGHT FROM, SCAMMING PEOPLE? I'LL PRAY THAT THEY GET ANOTHER JOB...THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR HONESTY!!!

• Re
      27th of Aug, 2010

You know what's amazing?!?!? All this junk from "people" saying how REAL this agency is... Don't fall for it. It's ALL lies. All they care about is your money. You have to pay $40/mth. + a photoshoot which is a several hundred dollar ordeal. I promise you all these comments about loving the agency- they're from employees that work for them. They're just salesmen/women. They tell you what you want to hear. Why would they turn anyone away if they're taking you're money? Think about it. Also, I just tried posting the truth about this "agency" on their website... my comment was denied since they don't want the truth out there. So, if you read the comments on their site- it all looks good. Remember, if it's too good to be true- then it is!!! Check out a REAL, legit agency & steer clear of these clowns.

• Pr
      23rd of Sep, 2010

Hello i have an interview with them this week and was wondering should i go. i dont no whether to go to them or explore talent...if anybody no any modeling agencies please tell meee please!! im so confused now

• Vi
      21st of Nov, 2010

Hi im 13 years old Like OMFG one source talent is a [censor]ing scam and this is my story, ok so i like signed up for it right and went to the first interview they said they liked me and all the BULL, so i thought it was kool and professional so i went to the second interview and got accepted, i was like super happy ( like omg i got acepted i'm a real model now) yeah thats what i thought and then i was supposed to go for a third interview but they never called me back i was so sad so i had my dad call and talk to them rte. So they told my dad that they were very sorry that they didn't call and the reason for that was that the person that i was supposed to see for my third interview was slacking off and got fired her name was christina, after i heard that i was so mad at her, so they set up a date and i went they told my dad and that we would have to pay 500.00 for unlimited comp card (comp cards are like a models/actors business cards) they told us that we should pay for those because every time you need one to go get a job you have to pay 20.00 or so for a comp card. so we payed the 500 and they told us that since christina had slacked off that we dont have to pay the monthly fee for two months so we were happy.So we payed and i was looking for castings but i didnt get to find any because they were all 18 and over acting jobs that don't even promise pay so i liked waited for like three months and they never had any modeling jobs except for a levis and H and M adution that wasnt exclusive these adutions were on tv and stuff like that.And stupid hair fashion show shows in vegas.so i still kept hoping it would work like an idiot then they called me for antoher interview to talk about how im doing and for a photoshootnow me and my father thought it was free but they told us we would have to pay another 500 to 600 we didnt have it so we didnt pay so another month passed and nothing happend so we stoped paying. Now im seeking legal help and looking for better agencies likw wilhemina, ford, la models, and bmg models if anyone can help please call me at 760-605-9914

7th of Dec, 2010

From my understanding they are not an agency: http://scamorlegit.info/one-source-talent-reviews/

• Sy
      16th of Jan, 2011

They take your money and give you nothing. Do not do it. I wish I could see my money again. I feel like an idiot.

19th of Jan, 2011

am about to cancel my membership i live in dallas . i was conned 495 dollars and now i will be paying 39 a month. they are [censor]ing scammmm

• Sj
      22nd of Jan, 2011

LEGIT AGENCIES ARE LISTED ON THE SAG (SCREEN ACTORS GUILD) WEBSITE.

I IT IS NOT LEGIT, IT WILL ***NOT*** BE ON THE SAG WEBSITE.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO LOOK ON THIS WEBSITE BEFORE YOU WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY... THERE ARE SOOO MANY PLACES THAT ARE OUT TO TAKE YOUR MONEY.

***RULES*** OF A LEGIT AGENCY:

1. THEY WILL NEVER, EVER, EVER CHARGE YOU MONEY UP FRONT. ***BY LAW*** THEY CANNOT CHARGE MORE THAN $4 IN ILLINOIS!! CHECK OUT THIS LIST OF MAXIMUM REGISTRATION FEE AMOUNTS SET ***BY LAW*** http://www.modelingscams.org/registrationfees.html

2. NO AGENCY WILL EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVERRRR CHARGE YOU A MONTHLY FEE!!! IT IS NOT LEGAL. THESE PLACES THAT CHARGE MONTHLY FEES ARE ***NOT*** AGENCIES!!! DO NOT BE NAIVE! YOU ARE NOT THE EXCEPTION!

3. NO AGENCY CAN GUARANTEE YOU WORK. LEGIT AGENCIES MAKE A COMMISSION OFF OF ***THE MONEY YOU MAKE WHEN YOU RECIEVE A JOB AS A MODEL/ACTRESS*** THEY DO NOT RECIEVE COMMISSIONS ANY OTHER WAY. AN AGENCY THAT MAKES NO COMISSION IS ***NOT*** AN AGENCY!!! PERIOD!!!

4. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, ANY MODELING/ACTING AGENCY THAT IS LEGIT WILL HAVE A ***LISCENCE*** VISIBLE IN THEIR OFFICE!!! HERE IS A PARAGRAPH OF THE ACTUAL ***LAW*** STATING THIS:
    1700.5. No person shall engage in or carry on the occupation of a talent agency without first procuring a license therefor from the Labor Commissioner. The license shall be posted in a conspicuous place in the office of the licensee. The license number shall be referred to in any advertisement for the purpose of the solicitation of talent for the talent agency.

THIS IS THE WEBSITE WITH THE FULL DETAILS OF THE LAW: http://www.modelingscams.org/1700.html
    and more info here: http://www.modelingscams.org/1701.html

BE CAREFUL!!!

• Sh
      16th of Feb, 2011

Hey I just got call today from one source talent to come to new york for an interview. But the thing is they have been calling me for months and I told them that I really don't have the car fair like that. They said that they were going to keep my application for 30 days until I came up with the money to get to new york. I haven't heard back from them for two months then they called me again with an appointment for Friday at 12:15 p.m but I wanted to make sure it was legit so I entered their name to make sure it wasn't a scam. I found out that it was a scam I called back up their and said that a lot of people are saying that One source talent is a scam. And they told me that a lot of you guys are upset because you all were not picked but I believe u guys and I def ain't waisting my money on them

• Vg
      6th of Apr, 2011

I had an interview with One Source Talent last week in Nyc in 45th st and I have to share my experiece with other people so that they don't get scammed. So I arrive at the office I signed my name and I was told to go to a room at the end of the hallway to the right. There must of been like 40 ppl there waiting. So I filled the application and I walked to the front, gave it to the receptionist. Then she told me to stand in line to be called into a room where a guy snapped a picture of me. Then I was told to go back to the waiting room and wait to be called for my one on one interview. So as I waited watching " The Devil Wears Prada" a very attractive woman started explaing everything about the company; and here in my opinion is where the brainwashing starts. First, I noticed that she was talking extremely too fast, which made me very confused. She then started talking about "success stories" when she talked about the money she was talking way to fast and she said that the monthly membership cost 39.99 and the compcard which she had showed us were " four ninety five" which I mistakenly interepred for $ 4.95 & I knkw it may sound stupid but looking at the size of the compcards and after her explaing that they were not headshots, but photos that are going to be used in their website; I actually believed that that was the price. I mean who would honestly think that they would charge you $495.00 for digital photos??So then an hour after the woman finished giving the presentation I was called for my one on one interview, where I was asked a series of questions and told to come back the next day for my second interview which would determine whether or not OST would work with me. I remembe asking the woman if I needed to bring $ and if I did what was the amount and I remember her being a little evasive with her answer and telling me that that was to be discussed on the second interview. I found that quite strange, however I went the next day and I was interviewed by a very young and handsome guy who looked like a model...there is nothing wrong with that only that I was expecting a middle aged man with experience to conduct the interview...again the guy asked me questions about me... Now here is where tha brainwashing, blindfolding and scamming really starts... The guy tells me after he is done asking me ? ThAt he needs to "speak with his boss to see if OST will work with me Or not" so meanwhile he hands me a paper that talks good things about their company...so ofcourse I am reading, getting excited and nervous and praying to God that they accept me. This was a very fast moved they pulled...first they leave you there reading all about the company so that you will be distracted and get excited and leave you in suspense not knowing if you are going to be selected or not. So you spend those minutes praying to get chosen instead of paying attention to whats really going on. A few minutes later he walks into the room and he says they will work with me...ok so obviously I am too excited of the news that I am not able to process whats going on around me and to notice all the redflags. and he takes a few snapshots of me and then takes out a contract...Then the guy pulls another fast move, he places the contract on the desk but instead of letting me read the contract and take my time to make a decision, he starts to read the whole contract looking at me straight in the eyes. Ofcourse I am trying to read it while he is talking but I don't want to be rude...so he was basically distracting me from reading the fine print... When he mentioned the fees he said "four ninetyfive" and the monthly fee of $39.99 again since I was not looking at the fine print I did not noticed that the paper clearly states $495.00 not $4.95 or (four ninetyfive) so I went on and proceeded to sign the contract and when I was about to give him the debit card #. I asked him " so today you are only taking $4.95 and 39.99 every month????" He then gave me a look as if I was crazy and said "no its four hundred and ninetyfive dollars not four ninety five, they said it yesterday in the presentation" so I said yeah she said " four ninetyfive not four hundred and ninetyfive, and I assumed it was that little amount because she said it was to get started and become to a memeber and it was for the digital photos that you are going to post on my page and she said clearly they are not headshots." "I didn't think digital photos cost four hundred and ninetyfive dollars!!!" People pls do not fall for this scam ost is just trying to get people's money and crush their dreams... Do some research beforr you become a victim of these thieves!!! Thank God I didn't give them any payment information...he was trying to convince me by saying that if I didn't pay the same day I would lose my spot and I had to re-apply in a year, I offered to bring the money another day but he wanted me to give him my bank information right there and then. Ofcourse they don't want you to go home and google them and read all of their scam stories. Another thing I took his card and google his name, turns out that the guy is a model and is trying to become an actor himself, he is a member of OST, I saw his profile. So that makes me think that the guy is scamming ppl while he is trying to become famous himself...wow!!! I am so lucky that God did not let me fall for their trap!!!

• Al
      7th of Apr, 2011

One Source Talent is a shady business. i currently work for them. Lets go over the process on how we 'select' people to come in our office.
    "Hello may I please speak to (so and so)? His this is Alexia calling with OneSource Talent how are you? The reason I am calling today is my office director recently reviewed your application you submitted us and saw you were interested in modeling. After checking out your application my office director feels that it would be nice to have you come in for an interview." Now how do we get to this process?

1st. Our 'Office Director' never sees your application at all. Your application is submitted online and a separate office called our 'New Faces' AKA Call Center. Calls you. There is a 'script' that we read to you to get you to come into our office. Once you setup an appointment then our office director sees your application. So right off the bat we are lying to you.

2nd. We also have a specific way to get people in who say we are a 'scam' or a fraud or are fake ;-)

3rd. Once you come in you sit in a conference room and our office director goes over a presentation about our company, about the industry, ect. There will be a movie on usually 'The Devil Wears Prada' or some other movie that is about modeling, acting, or something along the lines of that.

4th. You then get to talk to our office director one on one and answer any questions. Once you come in my office director immediately decides if we want you or not. If not you are asked to leave and we will give you a call back if we are interested (you walk out a separate door). If you are asked to stay we want you to come back for a second interview. Meaning you are pretty enough for us to want and that we want you for your money and to come back in.

You may have herd this. "We are certified by the Better Business Bureau." Are we? NO NOT AT ALL. In fact our company got a C+ rating from them and at the top of the page clearly says "This Business is not BBB Accredited." We have a total of 47 complaints!!!

Now have people had success with us? Of course and I'm glad to see all the success stories on this page. Would I 'trust' us? Not at all. The HQ building where I work is shady. The top officials are shady, the people I work with a lot are shady.

How do I get paid? I get paid by 1st getting you to schedule an appointment. But, that is only half of the story. I only get a 'bonus' if you book an appointment AND come in. if you do not I do not get my bonus and just get my hourly salary (minimum wadge). Our call 'quota' is anywhere from 200 to 250 people per 8 hour shift. And our 'goal' is to have about 24% of those people scheduled to come in and out of that AT LEAST 8% or higher to show up.

What we do to your 'online application? Well if you answer great! We try and 'Schedule Open Call' to book you an appointment. If not we make you as a 'No Answer' and then call you the next day. If you do not answer within 5 calls we mark you as a 'Stale Lead'. If you submit multiple applications we mark them except one as 'Duplicate Application'. If you have a phone number that is not working or no longer in service or because you got jipped by us we put 'Wrong Number We Will Call Back" and call you in a month after you get some money to pay your phone bill.

So are you guys a scam? I can't exactly say we are a 'scam'. Just a very shady business. I remember a couple friends in junior high say they got ripped off a lot of money by them and either found no work or were not casted for anything or were treated badly. If you are interested I would go to the interview and ask questions like 'Why did 'Michael' call me one day and then 'Janelle' call me the next and then 'Ashley' finally schedule my appointment?' and 'Why are you guys on the BBB website listed as NOT CERTIFIED?' Good luck to all and just be careful.

21st of Apr, 2011

OST has 8 offices and showing 3 more to open up. With the amount of applicants they must get on a daily basis seeking to be models and/or actors, I would say having one or two people go through applications and call would be extremely difficult to do. One can only assume that a company this big (like any other company that has a lot of customers and a need to grow to meet the customers need), they would need more than one person to them out. And to all who keep calling OST an agency, please do your research well. One Source Talent has never claimed to be an agency nor do they state they are an agency.

Go to their site and check them out in detail. They have been doing this since 2003 and have done a great deal for many people!! They help provide you with opportunities (and no they do NOT book you the opportunity because it is ultimately up to the casting director/agency if they want to work with you or not). OST is a company that helps you get your foot through the door and get started. Does this mean that each and every person that signs up is guaranteed to become some superstar that gets opportunities left and right each and every month? That's like saying if you create a resume and place it on Careerbuilder. com or Monster. com then you are guaranteed to get a call from an employer looking to hire you. It doesn't work that way. It is going to take a lot of time. Research people who have made it to the industry and how long/what it took for them to get to where they are today. It did not happen overnight and the main thing they worked on is getting exposure and lots of different opportunities to get to the right one!