Omnipoint Communications, Inc. / Scam / fraud

1 New York, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 3473386018

I received a message on my job today 6 / 6 / 2011 from a person who said his name was "alex morivan" with a foreign accent, stating that there is a pending lawsuit against me and they said the last 4 digits of my social security number on the message. They also left a telephone / cell number: [protected] to contact them. When i kept calling the number someone was deliberately hanging up, until about 10 minutes of dialing i finally got a live voice, sounding american on the phone that said he was a police officer named "erick" and he verified the last 4 digits of my social security number and said that i have to answer more questions over the phone. I became suspicious and ask him which department he works for and that i can get the fbi to trace this call. That is when he got hostile and said that the papers are in the mail and hang - up. I felt that this was possibly a scammer's call to get more information from me and i will be calling my financial institutions to make sure my accounts were not compromised. I also called the fbi, attorney general & my local police department to report this. Please anyone, if someone calls you from that phone number: [protected] do not give them any information but report them to the proper authorities.

• esmerellda's Response, Oct 03, 2018

constant calling day and night. First thing in the morning!!!

Comments

• De
      16th of Aug, 2011

this literally just happened to me around 11am this morning. i had my fiance do an online search to see if that number would pop up. they called me at work and somehow got my internal, extension and left me a voice mail. what are we suppose to do. this is the second time that this has happened to me. and at my work. :(

• Fa
      7th of May, 2012

Has anyone gotten a call from 347-553-6182?

• Ry
      7th of Jun, 2012

Evidently they are starting up again. I did not answer but went to reverse directory to get the caller information because I received five calls back to back from 347-441-3328. Reverse directory informed me that the call came from a phone issued to user:Nwyrcyzn13 with Omnipoint Communications Inc. in New York City.

• Df
      15th of Jun, 2012

Same situation happened, I have received calls as late as 9pm with the same approach. I reverse check on line and all comments point to scam. If the real police is involved they will give you an appointment at the nearest station. Also by keeping you on the phone long enough these scammers are able to trace more that you think. If there are "papers in the mail" go to the corresponding clerk of court web and search under your name, any open, closed or pending cases will be listed, and this is an official public record. THE BEST WAY TO GET RID OF THE ### OF THE EARTH WITH THEIR SCAM IS HAVING A VOICE AND BE PROACTIVE, GET THE REAL LAW ENFORCEMENT INVOLVED. Best of luck to you! D

• Sc
      1st of Aug, 2012

Well they are now even texting people. This phone number actually text messaged me.347-951-9971. But when I looked up the number and saw that it was a landline I knew it was someone trying to scam me. I run my own business and often post ads online locally. This person said that they wanted to make a huge payment of $650 in advance before their appointment and therefore also wanted my paypal information. I do not have paypal and when I messaged them back saying on the day of their appointment I can then take the appropriate payment, they pushed me forward saying "please get back to me asap when you set up a paypal account at paypal.com". Very weird. I did not respond. I further looked into the phone number and also got the information that it is Nwyrcyzn14, New York (Omnipoint Communications, INC. - NY). this "Omnipoint Communications" is a total SCAM. be careful

• Sc
      1st of Aug, 2012

file complaints against this company here if it was at all internet related: http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

OR

go to http://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/field/field-offices
    Locate the nearest FBI field office that has jurisdiction in your local area. You will find a link to this page in the Resources section.

The FBI has many field offices across the continental United States. Each of these field offices has jurisdiction over specific states or geographic areas, and is supervised by a Special Agent in Charge (SAC).

Select the "Use your zip code" option under the "To find which field office serves a particular area.." section in the middle of the page. You will be redirected to another page where you can enter your zip code. Enter your zip code and click on the "Go" button. You will be provided with the specific FBI field office that has jurisdiction over your location.

Copy the complete address of your local FBI field office, and contact them directly by phone. Ask to speak to an SAC. Your call will be routed to an SAC. Tell the SAC that you are calling to report a fraud crime.

You will need to provide the SAC with the following information:
    - Your full name and contact address
    - Details about the fraud crime
    - The full name, address, and telephone number of the perpetrator
    - Any supporting/collaborating evidence you might have about the fraud crime

Upon providing the above information, the FBI, depending on the circumstances, may work with other federal and local agencies to ensure that the fraud crime is investigated. Due to the sophisticated nature of fraud crimes, FBI investigations could take several weeks, if not months

• Mp
      3rd of Mar, 2013

Starting wednesday february 27 (2013) I keep receiving on my personal cellphone different text messages basically saying the same thing.

From phone number +1.516-225-6938, on feb 27 at 6:17 pm: hi i saw you looking good. u can see my newpics in my profile canadian79 at uslck.com maybe we can meet up.

Feb 28: deleted.

On march first 5:48pm from +1.516-263-2250 I got the exact same message.

On march second, 12:45 pm from +1.516-225-8088: hey i saw u before good looking. u can see my pics in my profile canada89 at uslck.com we can meet up if ud like.

I looked up those phone numbers and they all leaded to omnipoint communications.
    Worst part is thaty I can't even make it stop since I get them from different numbers...

• Ap
      6th of Mar, 2013

So my husband has been getting these threatening calls at least 10 times a day, from 347-857-9636, and 951-878-0978 the first one from Staten island NY the other from Nuevo CA. Both saying that there is criminal activity against his ssi number and name. That he would be arrested from his mailing address. Well after some research i found out it was a scam. So we reported it. to the phone companies that each phone was from and to the state attorney general of Idaho who took the numbers. and said the would look into it. Well after they continued to harass my husband, my husband sat here and called them back non stop and they got really upset and started calling him names. Was pretty funny. Best way to deal with them that we have found is by a blow horn and blow it in the phone when they call. Seriously they hate that. I suggest if they harass you do it to them, they really don't like it. When you call back they do not answer goes straight to a beep. I know sounds kinda immature, well deal with them how they do u. Well after blowing their phone up they called from 901-569-0920 from Memphis Tennessee calling me a Russian prostitute haha funny. Anyways I contacted my Attorney and they told us ask for a physical address and fax number. So that they can send them a letter, I did as they told us, and They hung up. And so far they haven't called back. I'm waiting with the blow horn for when they do :D

• Kk
      18th of Apr, 2013

Over the past 2 days I have been getting a call from one phone number(616-516-6882) I looked the number up and it came up as this Omnipoint Communications. I don't see anyone else that has been called by this number on here, so I'm guessing its a new one.

• De
      15th of Aug, 2013

I just received a call from Omnipoint Communications, inc, while I was on another line. No message was left. I am considering contacting the FBI ahead of time for a line tap...good idea, or will they think it is premature perhaps? After reading the other posts here I am glad I looked up the phone number to see who had called before just calling back. The number used this time was 516-324-3235. Any advise would be appreciated on how to catch these scammers!!

• Bm
      14th of Oct, 2013

I have been recieving calls from 443 851 9173. (Baltimore) They don't speak or just seem to mumble.(incoherently) Last time they called I told them they have a wrong number. It's been a few days now that they've been calling me. Reverse directory and (some internet searching) leads me to Omnipoint Communications. What is going on? Should I call my carrier and file a complaint? (they have been calling me thru my cell) I have no landline at home. It's beginning to get annoying.

• Be
      14th of Oct, 2013

They are starting up again. I did not answer but went to reverse directory to get the caller information because I received five calls back to back from 347-441-3328. Reverse directory informed me that the call came from a phone issued to user:Nwyrcyzn13 with Omnipoint Communications Inc. in New York City.

• Co
      5th of May, 2014

Anyone getting calls from 6466512571? Seems to be a omnipoint number. its almost daily now. Not sure what they want. I Said multiple times to stop calling but to no luck.

• Ob
      2nd of Jun, 2014

Watch out for # 315-278-5944. Same scam set up.

• Su
      16th of Jun, 2014

just got one from 631-398-7097. I have no Idea what he said, he had a thick accent. He was yelling and I thought I heard the word "facebook"? I hung up and did a reverse phone look up and it was Omnipoint Communications, Inc. - NY.

• Sj
      26th of Jun, 2014

Six calls today from 917-403-7525. The voicemail message just goes on and on with no one talking. When I click ignore, they immediately call back.

• Bc
      13th of Jul, 2014

Received a text from 202-352-5396 at 9:30 this morning. The text read:" Hey (my name) just thought about you hope all is well."
    When I texted back and asked who is this, but there was no response. The I sent another text with only a question mark still not reply. My last and final text to the anonymous texter was : "this number has been redirected to the authorities."
    It is my belief scammers are trying to get more information on their victims. This text is a way of confirming who the victim is if they have stolen 'some' of the victims information but they need more. The scammer wants to conform their victim so they can call at a later date and catch the victim off guard with a plan to steal their identity or funds.
    Do not text or speak to anyone you do not know. Always get information in writing. If it is someone you know or have dealt with in the past they will have your contact information therefore. Let them mail whatever they call you for out to you, but DONT DONT give out your mailing address over the phone or in text. DO NOT EVER GIVE OUT ANY INFORMATION over the phone, ever!
    Just think before you speak!

10th of Oct, 2014

Omnipoint fabrikam micosoft are they not the same company now?

• 0 Votes

Yesterday I received a call from a male with an Indian type of accent rambling something about women's health, I told him he was calling a do not call number and that I wanted him to take our number off their list and not to call back, he told me he couldn't, I asked why not and he just kept rambling on. The ph # 786-405-8948 is the one he called from, I called the number right back and the recording said it was not in service.
    I also tried to contact the Fraud line connected to this site and oh surprise that number comes up with just static and some background noise and then hangs up. Seem to me that their Fraud Line is a FRAUD! Everything I'm finding out on this company appears to be Fraudulent in my opinion! I recorded the 5 minute phone call from the little foreign man and told him so but he refused to quit and my Husband got on the line and told him a few things and the guy just kept saying he couldn't end the call. WHY? do you think these may be illegals that are being controlled in some way? I don't know, just wondering.

• 0 Votes

This so called disconnected cell phone number is listed 786-405-8948 listed as Omnipoint Miami E License LLC Miami, Fl.