Nuvell National Auto Finance / Bad Car Loan

Nuvell is definitely filled with crooks, liars, and just blatantly rude and unscrupulous people. I had a car loan that I shouldn't have even qualified for in 2004, at an outrageous rate. My payment was $450 for a $13, 000 car with a trade-in I still owed $4, ooo on which was worth about $1500-$2000, and this was a 60 month loan. I was working 2 jobs at the time, but I lost my part time job. They did nothing to work with me as far as a lower car payment. I informed them I was making $1300 less monthly than I was when I had 2 jobs and they refused to work with me. They were under the impression I was BRINGING HOME $3500 monthly. I didn't make that much BEFORE taxes. They even suggested I pawn stuff I owned in order to keep up with the payment. WTF? When I told them I couldn't afford the payment and the car was waiting for them to come and get it, they took a month to come for it. They told me to make a payment and that would keep me current until the following month. Duh!! What happens the following month when I didn't have enough for rent, which was less than the car I was paying for? They called my like 20 times a day, but that's what caller ID is for when the people you're dealing with are a**holes. I let them repo it and just said I'd take the hit and pay it off when I got around to it. In the mean time, I just got a little piece of car to get me from point A to point B. 2 years later, it goes to their collections dept, and the last date of activity was 03/2007-02/2009. WTF??? I know they can't update the last date of activity to cover a 2 year span. At least I've read this is an illegal practice. What kind of sh** is that? I thought the date was supposed to be from the very last payment plus 7.5 years. The car was repo'ed in May of 2005, and I haven't been in contact with them. If it was repo'ed in may, I would've been Nov or Dec when it went to collections, and it would've been 7.5 years from then at the most. What's up with the 02/2009 last activity date? What's up with the collections dates covering a 2 year span? I have a theory. They like screwing people over, approving bad loans to get more money and reaging accounts to screw up people's credit. My credit is poor, I'll admit, but I am working on it currentlybecause now I'm wiser and can manage my money better.. I'm not perfect, nor do I pretend to be. Do believe, I'll be disputing the info, and complaining about some of their practices. Hopefully, the company will disappear with the failing economy, but I guess the mighty cockroach has ways of surviving just about anything. Here's to wishful thinking.

More Nuvell National Auto Finance Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ca
      15th of Jun, 2010

They just stole my vehicle also. They did not show documents or say who he was or what company he was reposessing the van for. The van is almost paid off except for the interest. Stay way from them. If this has happened to you please reply as I am getting a class action lawsuit against them.

• Gm
      2nd of Jul, 2010

We also have had issues with them. Recently found out that our last payment was not the last payment. fyi If they post your payment late the interest is compounded daily on some loans so you will not find out until too late. They are the worst company i have ever dealt with. It took me two months calling waiting for replies (never happened), before I found out I will be paying 3600.00 more than I should have... i also believe them to be imcompetent, lying, deceitful, inhumane and the worst finance company I have ever seen.
    Unknowingly to us when we financed with Nuvell (same company, national auto finance, and GMAC). We had had problems before with National Auto Finance when we had another vehicle financed they were very slow on posting our payments hmmmmm. maybe they were making themselves some extra money... please let me know if you pursue them I sure would like to see something done to stop them and their unscruptous behavior..

• Fi
      14th of Jul, 2010

We're having an issue with them as well. This company is filled with rude, belligerent people who are paranoid of giving out ANY information (probably rightfully so). I did find out though that if you call any of their numbers during normal business hours and dial 00001 as the extension you want to reach, you will get either an operator or a member of the office staff.

Also, call their Florida number between 9am and 5pm at (904) 370-1800 and hit 0 and you can speak to someone there. Ask how to get in touch with the CEO's office and leave messages there. Keep calling over and over and over and leave messages until someone calls you back. DO NOT settle for 'an account rep' who has no interest in helping you. INSIST that either someone from the CEO's office or the office where you could file a complaint call you back.

• 1m
      26th of Oct, 2010

out and out .. they suck. I get harrassing calls at 6am PST like it's nothing .. then calling back to back 5xs in a row ..

I hope these clowns fail in this failing ecomony

• Mg
      28th of Oct, 2010

I have been with this company since 2006. My payments have been made on time except for one. They call every day saying that my monthly payment is late even though it gets paid 2 weeks before the due the date. I have received monthly statements with different amounts on them, so whatever amount is on the monthly statement is what gets paid and then they start calling and telling me that no matter what it says on the statement I am to pay what my contract says to pay. Well its not my problem that their company cant put the correct amount on the statement. Hell I even pay more than what is suppose to be paid so I can get my car paid off sooner. But according to them I still owe almost 2, 000. All they want is money and to rip people off. There needs to be a law suit filed against this company.

• Mg
      28th of Oct, 2010

I seriously believe a lawsuit needs to be filed against this company. I have been dealing with them since 2006 and at first had no problems but once they switched over to National Auto Finance I have had problem after problem. I always make my payments 2 weeks before the due date and the day after the due is when the calls start coming. I pay what my monthly statements say to pay WHENEVER I get my monthly statement and I pay more then what I am suppose too. They start calling saying I still owe. It's not my problem they do not know how to put the correct amount on the statements or process the payments correctly. My car should almost be paid off but according to them I still owe almost 2, 000. Plus I have noticed that they have like 6 different addresses. They send the statement from one state and want you to send your payment to another state WTF... This company is just ripping people off and something needs to be done about it.

28th of Oct, 2010

You can make all the payments you want and they will come after your vehicle and repo it and sell it at Auction even after the law states that if over 60 % is paid on the loan you owe nothing it does not matter to them you will still owe whatever is left owed after the price they received after the Auction. Stay Away do not get financed throught these crooks. I am still looking for a attorney to handle this case.

• Si
      27th of Nov, 2010

We to are having the same problem with this company, we have being paying on a 2004 Grand Prix seems like forever, and they are saying that we still owe over 14, 000, the car costed that much when we bought it. Where is my money going ? or who have my money ? sisney5

• Ir
      22nd of Dec, 2010

I agree with each and every one of you all!!! They are just plain croooks for no good reason. I also heard from a salesman when I tried to trade my 2005 Cobalt in last year that they went bankrupt; that can be the reason why they are acting like pure jacka_ _ es to everyone. They are trying to recouperate all the money that they have lost from the company by harassing people on a daily basis when you have already spoken with them. Also I have been trying to figure out hw they got my work and new address which I didn't personally give no current info to them. They are worse than the MOB b/c they can find out everything about like they hire private detectives to personally look for you. It's a shame that I'm actually dealing with these people and once my car is paid off...GOOD RIDDENS! That make my blood pressure boil at an early age.

• Bi
      31st of Dec, 2010

I got my '04 jeep from Cherryhill Triplex in NJ, from a trade-in of my '99 jeep.The transaction took place in November '07.I'm thinking that I'm getting a good deal by supporting them and what do they do, set me up with a high [censor] interest rate of 18.9% for 66 mos.and the company is Nuvell/National/Allied, WT[censored] if I was to keep this vehicle by the time I finish on this the total payments would be $27, 000 for a$6500 vehicle.I want to cry so bad, but my anger won't let me do that.I'm unable to trade it in because of what I owe and now my trans is slipping, so I called my finance company (who I'm dealing with) and asked them for some support in getting my trans fixed and the reply was (Quote): We don't do that., (Unquote).The bottom line is that I'm not gonna pay for something that I'm not driving.One rep from Nuvell stated to me either surrender it and have it repoed, or if you can get rid of it them do so by (trade-in or what?)Cherryhill triplex "SUCK", Nuvell "SUCK", I jus want to be rid of them, what should I do???

• Bu
      3rd of Feb, 2011

OH MY! I am currently experiencing the HORRIBLE customer service. My husband and I have realized that our home and family is more important than this scam they call an auto loan. In the past couple of days I have requested a payoff amount, to which I was told they couldn't tell me right then and would have to request one and that could take up to 4 days. Then proceeded to ask why I wanted the payoff, why was I wanting to settle, where was I going to get the money to settle IF they did, etc. The lady was obnoxiously rude! I told her quite frankly none of her business to which she replied "well you're 45 days late on this loan, so I highly doubt anyone would loan you the money." REALLY?? It's no concern of theirs where or how I get the money! On top of talking to numerous "supervisors", I was told they could not offer a settlement, reduce interest (which is 15% on a 18k loan that I should not have been approved for to begin with, financed for 72 months @ 430.00). I have had my 04 4runner for 3 years and they say I still owe 15k and 44 months. Mind you I have already paid around 36 or so. I asked the so-called supervisor if they would rather negotiate a settlement and they still make 4-5k or have them repo the vehicle, try to sue me later to which they won't get any money bc by then I would have filed bankruptcy. He just said they could not work with helping me in any way and that I signed a contract and it's non-negotiable. I am about to the point of letting them come get it. The only thing is my husbands name is on it and I would like to try and keep one of atleast with one nostril above water. And as I am typing this I receive an email that GMAC has now changed to Ally Auto! WTH!! Any ideas out there as to what to do?

• Lr
      25th of Feb, 2011

wow!!! i thought it was just me. i been with them for 6 years. i bought my 05 new. they are telling me i still owe them 15, 000. come on thats a rip off. at 490.00 a month u telling me i still have almost another 3 years to go. ill be paying for this car for 9 years, and its only worth 5, 000 now. i have been calling nobody no anything. i cant even get any help, and i been paying for 6 yrs. now. this company is so sad.

• Nu
      2nd of Mar, 2011

I am also sick and tired of these idiots. I also did a 2 month deferred payment in February 2011. I paid them my regular payment plus an extra $50 fee. My next payment is not supposed to be due until April 10. They called me everyday for the next week atleast 10 times a day. When I finally answered a lady who could barely speak english told me I still owed them $50 which was untrue because I paid them the extra money when i did the deferment. I gave her the confirmation number and the name of the lady I spoke with and she immediately apologized and said that I was right and that I would not be getting anymore phone calls regarding this matter. At 8:01 the very next morning the phone calls started again. I answered it told this particular lady that I did in fact pay the $50 and she told me that I didn't and that my deferment would not take effect until I did. At that point I hung up the phone and have been getting phone all day everyday ever since. I dont answer anymore. If anyone is planning on a class action suit against these [censor] I AM IN!

• Da
      4th of Mar, 2011

This company sucks!!! They have repossessed my car and had to return it to us for false repossession due to their inacurate info. I have 9 more months and will never use this company again. The customer service folks are rude to the point of just down right obstinate.

• Da
      4th of Mar, 2011

Please avoid financing a auto loan with this company at all costs!!! They are crooks, liars and cheaters!!! It's almost impossible to obtain correct info from customer service due to the fact they have changed business names, accounts and partnerships three or four times within the last five years. NOW ally.com owns the company and it is hard to make payments on-line and have them post directly to your account as paid. I am sooooooooooooooooo disgusted with this company to the point of reporting them to BBB and possible lawsuit!!!

15th of Mar, 2011

Today I called to find out why they were calling when I had direct deposit. Spoke to non english speaker and several non english speaking supervisors. I was told that it was due to an NSF that I did in 11/09 and that they don't automatically set your account back up for direct deposit which is not what I was told on the phone when I made a payment. Please take note that they took the money out of my account on a day they were not supposed (resulting in NSF) to and I had paid on time for 3 years straight. I have never received a bill or statement from day 1. The one notice I did receive (nsf notice) referenced a phone number - NOT A BILL, NO PAYMENT ADDRESS! If they are not going to take money out automatically shouldnt I be given pay stubs or a bill in the mail so that I can pay? Now my credit has been dinged and they want late fees. I am held hostage and for what...their error. When is the lawsuit?

• Mi
      28th of Mar, 2011

I have been with this company since April of 2006. I thought my last payment would be next month but Nuvell is telling me I owe 12 more payments...WTF?? To make matters worst I just recieved a letter saying I have 5 days to pay 1000 dollars or I would no longer be able to continue with my contract. Ok? does that mean your coming to repo it??? Yes I have fallen behind recently but its not even 60 days behind and Iam able to pay up just not in 5 days. Do they honestly think that if I had 1, 000 dollars laying around that I would be late? WTF?? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP. I bought this car when I returned home from my SECOND tour of Iraq and was so excited. Now I wish I would have never done it. HELP

• Cw
      10th of May, 2011

I have been with this company since May 2005. When speaking with someone to inform them I would be making a payment less than 2 weeks late through Money Gram, I was informed they would not work with me and claimed I was already one month behind. I reviewed my records with now, ally.com, and located they had reversed a payment in 12/05...for which, no one can explain to me the reasons. My 72 month term should be ending this month, however, they report I still owe 21 more payments. Upon further review of my account online, I found where they applied SEVERAL payments to finance charges ONLY and additionally have various amounts placed on the priniciple of my loan, like they just decided one month to credit my principle balance for 1.06 and retained the remaining 366 dollars towards their finance charges. I have researched this topic online and can not find anything on if this practice is illegal. I financed 13, 500 on this basic, no bells and whistles, car and have already paid 24, 336 dollars for it! If I end up not resolving this matter with them and have to pay an additional 21 payments, I will end up paying 31, 434 for this car! I wish I would have never financed my car through these loan sharks. I would love to be part of a class action suit!! Where do I sign up??

• Ka
      1st of Jul, 2011

My husband and I bought a car in 08' with a loan from national auto finance. The loan was for 15, 000 and it was set up on a 6 year. It was a high interest loan and our payment is around $350 a month. We have paid our payments though our bank automatically for 3 years and have never had a problem. Did I want a high interest loan and a 6 year payment? No, but we had bad credit then, and I am thankful that someone gave us a chance. You need to be know the terms of your loan and how much you will end up paying. Am I paying too much for my car? Yes, but that's what happens when you have bad credit. One person said that they were paying over $400 a month on a 9 year loan, that is your fault. Read your contract, know the terms of your loan, and pay your note on time. If you do these things no one can take your car or call you to harass you about paying your bill.

• Sp
      11th of Jul, 2011

LOL, this is insane. We are in a similar boat with them. Financed a car thru them and all was going fine untill I lost my job. We ended up getting four extentions over two years and was greatful but it seems like the car will never be paid for. I just found this out but we've been paying now for a extra year and still have 1.5 payments left and $900 in fees. I dont get it. I have a friend that writes contracts for the Federal Government and he is going to look over our contract and all the paperwork they've sent us. I also have a attorney that helped us out with a situation with the state who said he'd look at it once my other friend puts all the pieces together. I'm thinking we may have something because all the payments and ammitorization charts dont add up. But then again, they are a bank and the current administration loves the banks and will let them do whatever they want to do. Come on 2012.