Nucold Refrigeration Inc / Rebuilt RV Refrigeration Cooling Coil

1 Morrilton, AR, United States Review updated:
Phone: 501-354-6764

I ordered a refrigeration cooling coil from Nucold 5/25/2010 was told I would have it in two days. I received it a week late, damaged. I called and was told they would ship a new one on the following tuesday. I received it 3 weeks later after many phone calls and E-Mails. It was also damaged. The amonia had leaked out.

I called again and was told they would ship another coild the following Tuesday. It is now 8/2/2010 and after more than 30 phone calls, we have records, and multiple E-mails, still no coil. They also didn't send return shipping labels for two of the coils which we asked for.

We have contacted the BBB which told us there were more than 60 complaints against Nucold since 2006 and an "F" rating. The Arkansas States Attorney Generals office says there have been many complaints against Nucold and that the last one took more than 90 days to resolve.

This tactic seems to be the norm for the company. After researching I have found more victims of this unscrupulous business man and all have stated the same thing. They were sent defective products and then not sent the replacements or had their money refunded.

We are currently looking into small claims court but we are two states away. Not sure how that is going to work. We are hoping that there will be a class action law suite agains Nucold to stop this sort of business practice.

More Nucold Refrigeration Inc Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Rv
      14th of May, 2011

Nucold aka RV icebox, is a big rip-off, I ordered 44 cooling units from Jerry Collins, the owner. So far after more than 2 years, I have only received 1/3 of them. I sent him 76 cooling units, with the agreement that he would rebuild 44 and send them back. He doesn't return calls promptly as a real businessman would. He argues with you. He even admitted that sold MY cooling units and will start sending a few each week. That lasted about 1 week. His word is absolutely worthless. Also check under BBB, and rip-off.com

18th of Oct, 2012

We have been waiting for a part we ordered since June. It is now October.
    I have been calling continuously, and have gotten the run around from Jerry Collins on the phone (who is always 70 miles away from the office and can't help) as well as a James (who told me to speak to Lisa and Wendy in shipping) and now Steve (who was very rude, but nice enough to tell me there is no Lisa or Wendy in shipping)
    Lies after lies after lies. They said that fedex lost the package and that they finally found it in their warehouse - and that they saw a picture of it and it was so damaged that they could not possibly send it to us that way. They then said they shipped another on 10/1 but no one seems to be able to find record of the shipping.
    Steve is obviously not used to dealing with women - and is very rude. This company should be shut down!

• Sh
      30th of Nov, 2012

My husband and I had purchased a unit from Jerry Collins a year and half ago. Supposedly there was a three year warranty on the unit. It stopped working after 18 months. We contacted Jerry and he told us to "take it out, turn it upside down and let it stand for a day as it probably had a bubble in it". We did that and it still did not work. When we finally got him to answer the phone, after repeated attempts, he said, "box it up and I will have FedX pick it up. I will repair it and return it to you in 48 hours." So we got it box up, for $60, and had it outside our home for three weeks while we tried to contact him again. No FedX! No Jerry! He would not take our calls. We had people with different phone numbers call for us so he would answer, so we could find out when, or if, FedX was coming. When we did get him to answer, he didn't know who we were. Then, it was always, "tomorrow". We finally bought a new unit and had it installed by an RV repair tech here. Then we came to find out that the one he sold us originally was the wrong product # for our unit. So the original tech had to modify the bracket to make it fit. When we got the new and correct one today, , it had to be re-modified to fit, increasing the installation cost by $100. So much for the warranty. Our local tech told us he has been waiting for a unit from Jerry for another customer for over 2 months!! He recently received one for another customer that had obviously been in a fire. We are going to contact the Arkansas Attorney General and also the Better Business Bureau. This company needs to be put out of business so other people do not have to go through what we and others have been through.

• Tr
      18th of Nov, 2015

I too have been a victim of Jerry Collins with Nucold. I can read these complaints and identify with every lie and promise they have mentioned . In April of 2015 I ordered a cooling unit for my RV refrigerator and it was 3 weeks late and after paying to have it installed it would not work it is November 18th now still no unit, still no money back, still no refrigerator in RV. Now he just hangs after denying it is him answering. what a bad I would like to add my charge card was charged twice 2 weeks apart. He never answered his phone and if I hit *67 and did get him to answer he would say You will have to call back and speak to Jerry about this...I knew it was Jerry already not his brother as he claimed No telling how many people will be ripped off and how rich he getting off everyone trying to do buisiness with that company. I believe he thinks because people are doing buisiness with him from other states via the internet he can take their hard earned money and get away with it. I am not a rich lady however I will spend what it takes to see to it he does not continue this horrendous unjustice! DO NOT TRUST OR DO BUISINESS WITH THIS CROOK