Nuance / upgrade scam

United States Review updated:
I had purchased naturally speaking preferred several years ago and also fell for the new and improved upgrade purchases 3 or 4 times. When I purchased the last upgrade to version 10, had it installed and trained I learned it would no longer function with my medical office software. This was never a problem before. Since electronic medical records are becoming almost a necessity Nuance decided adding the word "Medical" makes the same software worth $1500 instead of $200. I could have saved $200 and still had a functional computer transcription solution for my small medical practice if Nuance would have made it clear that the upgrade would impose restrictions on its use. Hello Mavis Bacon, I guess I need to work on my keyboard skills again.
Dr

Comments

An
  23rd of Sep, 2010
Nuance is just one big upgrade scam. I bought Naturally Speaking at full price and within a week they began incessant emails and telephone calls telling me that I needed to send another $100 for the upgrade. And, from what I can tell, if I fell for that, they would have another major upgrade a few weeks later and demand another $100

I feel like such a sucker for buying their software. As a result of my (and other people's similar) experience with this company, my company has removed it from the list of preferred software and they now advise us to buy something else. I don't normally fall for scams like this. I never answer those emails telling me some Nigerian prince needs my help or letters from fake banks. But I sure fell for this fraud.
As
  6th of Jan, 2011

Nuance - Very bad service and hardware
Nuance

Dragon software is good. The headset is really cheap and started falling apart almost immediately.

This company shows real genius at insulating themselves from customers. The process is much too cumbersome.
Do
  10th of Aug, 2011

Nuance - delivery of paid order
Nuance online store
Mt Vernon
Washington

I have paid for an order of equipment from Nuance, and have a receipt dated 7/25/11. I paid to have it sent 2day express. I contacted them on 8/2/11, and they said "we have your order complete and will be shipping UPS one day air.It is now 8/9/11 and still no show.
Ch
  5th of Sep, 2012
Two years later, I could write exactly the same comment. I bought a version that does not work with the new mac iOS and they want to charge me for software that will work. I have also been overwhelmed with email ads from them on other products. I can not recommend buying anything from them! Also will contact Apple and hopefully they will also not recommend them!