NTB / National Tire & Battery / overfilled my oil

NTB (East West Connector, Austell, GA) changed my oil on my F-150. They put too much oil in and caused engine damage. I was told to take my vehicle to a dealership and if there was an issue NTB would pay for it. The dealer stated that my engine needed to be rebuilt. It's been 45 days and NTB still has not released funds to the dealer. Very upset!!!

Pi
Apr 11, 2018

Comments

• Ba
      20th of Apr, 2018

I brought my car to NTB location Alpharetta Hwy 9 N, GA for a scheduled oil change service. My car had no oil leaks prior to the service. Before the oil change and standard inspection before oil change and major things had been checked no oil leak was reported to me. I am informing you regarding problems I experienced with my automobile as a result of a bad oil change by NTB.

After the oil change and driving the car, I noticed oil puddles in my garage and in my driveway. I notified store manager. He told me to bring the car back and they will check it out. The manager stated after the inspection they had damaged the oil filter seal during the oil change causing oil leaks. He said they replaced the oil seal and due to the amount oil lost they topped up the oil level. I said I need to contact the district manager regarding damages and the store manager agreed. The district manager was notified of the problems.

A few weeks later, I had to contact the store manager again and take the car back to NTB for further inspection because oil was still leaking. NTB technician said they did not have the technical expertise to further fix the car or expect the car and source of oil leak they suggested I take the car the dealer.

Subsequent to that visit the car failed to start. I had the car towed and received diagnostics from a Certified European Car Repair Shop. The master mechanic reported the problems basically was caused bay a bad oil change.