Northern Railway / Delayed announcements and shoddy treatment

1 India Review updated:

At New Delhi railway station the announcements are quite erratic. For the EMU departing for Palwal at 15.40 the platform was suddenly shifted to another. Delayed announcement on public address system was made. This resulted in inability of ladies with little children missing the train. Again the departure announcement of train to Kosi Kalan was made quite late resulting in another miss.

It is certain that the Rail Administration treats local commuters extremely poorly as a mere commodity.

More Northern Railway Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Pr
  13th of Oct, 2009
Northern Railway - Non-opening of Coach Door
India

I have two complaints which are as follows :

1. I had booked ticket on 12.08.2009 (PNR No. 226-3093359) from Chakki Bank to Cuttack with Reservations upto Delhi in Train No. 2414 for the journey date 19.09.2009 (from Chakki Bank to Delhi) and onward journey from New Delhi to Cuttack in Train No. 2876 (PNR No. 262-5358373) date of journey 20.09.200 for myself age 34 and my wife age 29. From Chakki Bank to Delhi, the status of the ticket was RAC 2 & RAC 3 as on date of ticket booking i.e. 12.08.2009. Then I was allotted Berth No. S-10/62 and S-3/25. I dont understand how come in one PNR No. two persons are allotted different seats that too one in S-10 and one in S-3. This is serious lapse on the part of Railways. Kindly look into the matter.

2. On the date of journey at Chakki Bank Station, the train no. 2414 came with jam-packed in all Sleeper Coaches. Door of Coach No. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6was locked from inside. Only Coach No. 7 & 8 was opened and all the people were going inside the train only through coach no. 7 & 8. Security Forces/Military people have locked the door from inside with the huge luggage. No guard was available to whom we can complain. In this situation, we, (me, my wife and my child - 2 years), with with luggage could not board the train. We went to the Station Manager to complain about this, but he showed his inability and said this is not his duty to open the door of coaches. Next day i had to catch the rain No. 2876 (from N.Delhi to Cuttack), which was to depart from New Delhi station at 6:30 AM. In turn, I missed both the trains. Please let me know, who is responsible for this type of situation.

Please look into the matter.

regards,

15th of Jul, 2011
Northern Railway - Nuisance by Railway Reservation Centre Employees
India

Dear Madam Banerjee,

I would like to bring forth the nuisance that the Railways employees have created in Karkardooma Railway Reservation Centre, Delhi. I have booked my tickets with my wife, 4 year old daughter & 69 year old Father. Despite requesting several times at the station counter for issuing lower berth tickets for senior citizen, the railways ticket issuing officer refused to issue lower berth and resultantly has issued a upper berth for my Father, and one seat at the middle of coach Side Upper Birth for my wife and for me Side Upper Birth at the end of same coach .

I would request your kind attention on this, and understand how is it possible for an 69 year old man to access his upper berth as well as access toilets throughout the journey... It is shameful that such a ticket was issued by shameless ticket issuing officers in Delhi.

Ticket information:
PNR No: 222-2915147
Ticket No: 71273274
Date of Journey: 09-10-2011
Journey: Train 12445 (New Delhi to Jammu Tawi)
Ticket Issued on 13-07-2011 at 12:58 hours