NetOpus.net / Involuntary contract for web site

Today, Jan 6, 2007, I received a letter from "NetOpus.net" 17360 Colima Rd. Rowland Heights, CA [protected] congratulating me for signing up for the "SilverOpus" package with NetOpus.net! I never did that. Who are these guys?

They go on to advise me that my account will be billed through the phone company at $34.95/month!

I called them and got a recording to "call back later as they had high call volume". I'll bet they do if they are doing this on a widespread basis.

I am working on getting a hold of the phone company. I have sent e-mails to all of their addresses. BTW, the web site they said I had isn't there.

Steve Jensen

Comments

• La
      16th of Jan, 2007

I rec'd the same letter saying I signed up! I haven't seen any billing come through our phone bill yet but this is obviously a rogue company. They have all our business info and phone number- all can be found online at our website. Did you find out anything on your end?

• Na
      20th of Jan, 2007

Didn't sign up for Netopus.net service. Can't get through to them to cancel it. Thanks

29th of Jan, 2007

See the other complaint thread about this company at:

• Ca
      10th of Mar, 2007

03-09-07 Received letter via mail that we signed up for 15 free days of the SilverOpus pkg. with NetOpus.net for web hosting, email and use of the Sitebuilder online wizard . They called our business office and talked to our admin assist stating they were Verizon Yellow pages and wanted to verify our address and phone which she verified and we were slammed. The letter provided our company name as the log in and the admin assist name and business phone number as password.

I called their number to talk with them and the automated voice stated "due to high number of calls, call back later and hung up. Their phone given on letter is 800.507.5288 and fax 626.226.4900, mail support@netopus.net and info@netopus.net. We have not been billed yet as "we have 15 free days"

We are obviously not the first this has happened to and I'm sure not the last unless something is done. I'm not sure how to proceed, would appreciate info. Thank you.

• Ar
      5th of Apr, 2007

Hello all and thank you for your postings. I am writing on behalf of NetOpus, and want to try to explain some of our actions. I first want to say that I am not going to deny that some negative outcomes have come from our sales methods, but we are not some scam operation, and do offer a great and valuable product. The good news however, is that we are moving to a new phase of operation which is focused on quality and customer support. So I am happy to say that most of these issues will all be in our past.

The problems you have all faced, or have read about involve our sales and prior customer service methods which have primarily focused on outsourced labor, as some have pointed out, is India, among other places. While we give these people very specific instructions, we have learned, to our dismay, that they do not always follow our policies and procedures as well as we would like. A clear example of this is in our sales representatives who are overly aggressive and impose sales upon unwilling customers. We are confident and stand behind our product 100%, and would never intend to sign up unwilling customers. Recently we have just moved to a new sales method which imposes a far superior verification protocol for making sure that each sale is valid and accurate.

I encourage each of you to contact me directly if you have any questions or comments. We take every customer response seriously, and are implementing efforts to attend to customer needs with greater speed. Each of our customers is valuable to us, and we strive to be a powerful resource and tool to the consumer.

I can be contacted directly at aadams@globalyp.net. I will be happy to deal with any issues or answer any questions. Thank you again for your valuable feedback.

• Al
      7th of Jan, 2008

I just had Verizon "send back" a 34.95 unauthorized charge for "NetOpusSilverMnthlyFee" and they said they also "blocked misc. charges from future bills" My Verizon bill had a third party billing company's phone # 1 888 934-7750 with web address for WWW.PAYMENTONE.COM;

The same bill had another unauthorized charge from OAN Services, Inc. for 'YP-Directory Billing' for 49.95 - and a computer told me to "call back later" when I called the OAN provided phone # of 1 800 944 9646. A quick Google search of OAN YP-Directory Billing gets some interesting results. The State of Iowa Department of Commerce Utilities Board has weighed in on the matter against Directory Billing LLC, d/b/a USdirectory.com (USdirectory).

• C
      17th of Apr, 2008

NETOPUS.NET-FRAUDELENT CHARGES

• Me
      30th of Jan, 2011

I received unauthorized charges for $19.95 from PaymentOne on my Frontier bill for "Internet Commerce Subscription Monthly Fee". I've attached a screenshot.

4th of Mar, 2014

Getting the proper documentation of the details of your dealings with these companies is so important. If you have that, you will be covered and they are obligated to follow up. If you don't have it, work towards getting it or finding the original agreements. http://www.centuryroofing.net/services.asp