National Tire and Battery / rip-off!

1 9450 WestheimerHouston, TX, United States Review updated:

I purchased two new tires at NTB in Houston on Westheimer Drive on 11/19/2007. I was told that these tires should last for about 30, 000 miles, and they stressed that they were good tires. I had a flat today 12/09/2007. When I went to NTB in Austin to have the tire repaired, I was told the tire could not be fixed. When I asked about what the warrantee would cover, I was told"nothing". They said that since I didn't purchase the road hazard insurance, nothing was covered. This is a three week old tire! Noone at NTB told me about needing to purchase the road hazard insurance, or else I would have bought it. Now i will be out another $177.00 to buy another tire. You can bet I will never buy another tire from NTB unless they make this right.

Va

Comments

11th of Jun, 2009

You're obviously not very educated when it comes to purchasing tires. I know of no shops that offer a free road hazard warranty. In almost every case there is an extra charge. However I would consider the salesman slack if he did not offer it to you. -Chris

• A7
      14th of Sep, 2009

How is it National's fault that you hit something in the road and buggered up the tire? If this is the first time you bough tires then yeah, it is a hard lesson. But if you bough tires before you should know about the road hazard insurance.

BTW road hazard insurance (RHI) is a money maker for the tire company. I've driven for 22 years without buying RHI and I am ahead. Even if I do damage a tire and have to buy one out of pocket, it am still ahead. :)