National Home Protection / Fraudulent business practices and denial of claim!

1 42 West 38th StreetNew York, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800.608.6045

NHP is a FRAUD. They have denied my claim after they requested maintenance records on my furnace which is a contract stipulation. They say it is a pre-existing condition and thus the claim has been denied. NHP is a joke. My calls go nowhere. I ask for return calls and get none. They are giving me the run-around and I suspect I will never get anywhere with them. I have been told a dozen different stories by their phone reps - managers are in meetings, I will be called back, Disputes handles that, you'll get a letter, and so on. NHP does not honor their home warranty protection services. They steal your money and provide no service. DO NOT SIGN A CONTRACT WITH THIS COMPANY. You will not even get your money back if you want to cancel because the contract says you have to do it within 3 days after the contract starts. National Home Protection should be investigated by the Attorney General.

Comments

• Dr
      29th of May, 2008

I am also a victim of fraudulent business practice concerning Nation Home protection Insurance company.

Their claim policy and the “services” and also the false advertising and in promising a promotional gift card from the home depot to get the customer to sing up for their service is a pure SCAM!

Even though I am a very busy individual but I believe some one need to step in to stop Nation Home protection Insurance company.

I did protocol several incidents with the Nation Home protection Insurance company describing the ways how Nation Home protection Insurance company manages to avoid the claims .….all my evidences are verifying and confirming their fraudulent business practice.

With this email I am trying to locate the attorney/s, who did start a eventually a class action law suite against the Nation Home protection Insurance company and also any other victims who may be victimized by Nation Home protection Insurance company
    to gain more and synergy / leverage in my approach. Any other tip and source of action is also greatly appreciated

I believe this company is conducting fraudulent business practice and their business concept is based on scam and leis, which needs to be STOPED immediately in order to avoid further harm to current and future customers.

Please email me any inputs you may have to STOP NHP insurance company.

My email address: Drkavandi@sbcglobal.net

Please help and show courage to and act immediately!

Sincerely,

Shab Kavandi, Ph.D.

10th of Nov, 2008

I have had a similar complaint about the promotional Home Depot card that was promised if I subscribed for a three year term. I have telephoned several times with no one answering my questions or being referred to non-existent departments to leave a message. There have been no return calls!
    I have written by registered mail. I received a one letter from a "Mr.Giles" saying I was ineligible to receive the card because I requested it too soon(?). I replied with a fax, but again: No response.
    Finally, I have documented my experiences and referred them to both, the New York State Insurance Department and my local state insurance commission. As of today New York State is investigating my complaint. My local state insurance commission has informed that they are not licensed to do business in our state.