National Home Protection / unable to reach company

1 New York, NY, United States
Phone: 800-608-6045

Following is my situation with NHP [this was emailed to the gentleman from NHP who responded that if anyone is having problems, please contact his directly:]

Is your company still in business? The contractor and I have been trying reach your company. The contractor implied he couldn't set an appt until he rec'd authorization. After I badgered him a bit, he eluded to your company's failure to pay the contractors.

I have been phoning for 2 week and get messages stating system is down and I would receive a call within 24 hrs. How can you do that when the system doesn't ask for any reference info. Needless to say, I've rec'd no cal back. One time I was actually able to leave a voice mail but it sounded like it was being taken by an unattended voice mail box.

Earlier this week, I got a disconnect notice when I called . Now its back to saying the system is down.

Please advise ASAP. Am I out my premiums I've paid on two properties? What federal or state agency regulates your company.
-------------------------------------------------------------

To date, I've received no response. Is there anyone who has started a possible class action? I'm going to contract NYAG's office but is there anyone who knows if the company is regulated by some govt agency such as "Insurance Commission?"

I hope we're not all out $300 - $400!

From: "claims@nationalhomeprotection.com" <claims@nationalhomeprotection.com>
To: BHARO@YAHOO.COM
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 11:40:06 AM
Subject: Contractor assigned to NHP claim number 615066

Dear BRAD HARO,
Your request for service 615066: Dishwasher: is leaking
Your claim has been assigned to C&D Sales & Service - Appliance Repairs, an authorized NHP service technician. You may now contact C&D Sales & Service - Appliance Repairs at [protected] to schedule a mutually convenient service appointment. If you do not have an appointment scheduled with your authorized NHP contractor within 48 hours please call us at [protected] so that we may assist you in getting an appointment scheduled.
Please remember that upon the technicians arrival you will be required to pay the $45.00 service call fee.
Should you have any questions or concerns, feel free to call our claims department at [protected].
NHP Claims Department : [protected] : Claims@NationalHomeProtection.com