Mr. Coffee / BVMC-PSTX91 Coffee Maker (multiple problems)

1 WA, United States Review updated:

Carafe leaks at interface between metal and plastic handle (started happening almost immediately)
Water leaks internally so that it leaks out the bottom (started happening after abouty 3 months)
Clean Cycle light permanently on (started happening after 4 months)

While the coffee maker is wonderfully fast, and the carafe does a great job at keeping the coffee warm, the problems listed above are unacceptable. Just another example of a company cutting corners and not spending enough money on quality assurance. As long as we keep buying it, they'll keep doing what they're doing.

Comments

• Ko
      10th of Oct, 2010

I have also recently purchased this modle coffee pot, and I loved it, until the third day it started leaking from the carafe! I am looking into getting the carafe replaced, I am not ready to give up on this coffeemaker just yet. Hopefully, this is an isolated incident. My last Mr Coffee was fantastic and I had it for years.

• Dr
      4th of Feb, 2011

I purchased the BVMC-PSTX91 December 2010. I immediately noticed a putrid toxic smell from the reservoir, so I filled it with water and vinegar to remove the new smell. No help. Paid $90 at Wal Mart. Carafe leaks as they all do at interface between metal and plastic handle (started happening immediately). Water leaks internally and leaks out the bottom (started happening in 2 weeks). Clean Cycle light permanently on (started happening after 1 month). I will never use Mr. Coffee products again. Made in China of course. I recently have developed numbness in my lips and chin and have reported this to Mr. Coffee.

5th of Nov, 2016

I purchased the pstx series coffee maker. I had it for approx 2 months and it stopped working altogether. I live chatted with the company and they are sending me a replacement. I did not still have the box or the receipt. So I cannot really complain about the company because they are sending me a replacement.

• Lo
      15th of Mar, 2018

I purchased the Mr. Coffee PSTX Series Coffee Maker at the end of 2016, and the past few months the backlight no longer lights properly. I called the company and had to hold for 15 minutes. The rep was nice and was given all the pertinent info, and asked if I could find my receipt, just in case it was still under warranty. I could not find the receipt. In the 90s, I had a Mr. Coffee maker that lasted 15-20 years, but over the past 10 years, we have had to buy about 5 of them. They are not lasting nearly as long as they need to be. I am very disappointed that we have only had this coffee maker for a little over a year, and the backlight isn’t working properly. Having to purchase a new coffee maker every 1.5 to 2 years is not only a hassle and ripoff to the customer, but it’s also really bad for the environment. Most people just throw them in a landfill. The US and rest of the world are running out of landfill space, with continued increasing population of over 7 billion people on the planet, which is expected to increase to 10 billion in just a few years.

• Mi
      17th of Oct, 2018

I have two BVMC-PSTX91 one has been leaking because of a little plastic seal about a 50 cent part that they will not sell me the part to fix it so every day I clean up water on my count. I will not buy anymore...…..