Movielush.com / Unauthorized credit card charge

1 International, US Review updated:

On October 26, 2016 I got into a trial subscription with this movie sale/rental website and as I tried to view a movie advertised on their page, it turns out none of the movies I (or for that matter, most anyone else) would want to watch were available, at all. It turns out that the many movies I could watch were such that I would never choose to watch. As a result, I immediately cancelled without obtaining anything from them. Yesterday November 8, 2016, my bank sent me a suspicious charge notification and as you can imagine, it was from movielush.com, charging $34.95. After contacting my bank they cancelled the transaction and the card I used at the time. I will have to wait for a new card, but at least these "entrepeneurs" will not get another penny from me. This would not have occured if I had searched reviews for movielush.com.

Thanks to my bank, damage was contained and total loss now stands at $0.98. Please, do yourself a favor and do some research before you engage an unknown or a "too good to be true" online merchant.

Ma
Nov 09, 2016

Comments

• Lo
      Jul 11, 2017

I would like to report the unauthorized credit card charges of Movielush. I happen to come across the trial subscription for movies in Movielush however as i could not find any movie that would be interesting to watch, hence i discontinued and left the site. Then i received the estatement of my citibank Gold Mastercard in June bearing a billing from Movielush amounting to P2, 061.++. Thinking that the bill is for the preview of the possible moive i would like to select i paid the bill, however, i once again received a billing from Movielush through y credit card amounting to P2, 055.++ even if i did not pursue with the subscription to Movielush.

May I therefore request for the cancellation of all charges to my credit card from this month onwards.