Movemeant Sales / Magazines ordered, not received

I ordered 3 magazine subscriptions from a representative of Movemeant Inc, on August 8, 2017. It is now October 14 and I have not received any magazines. When I called to inquire where they were, I was told by a snippy rep that the delay was listed on my receipt (in very fine print). I suggested that the reps should tell the person ordering that the magazines will not be delivered for 60-90 days and she claimed no control over what the sales reps said. I then asked for my money back and was told that wasn't possible. So basically they have had my money for 3 months and I have nothing. After checking out this site, I see there are other complaints against this outfit where people have never received anything they ordered. Beware of the door to door magazine salesman, especially if he sings the sad song of the inner city victim trying to better himself. It's a scam! Say no thank you firmly but politely and close the door. You'll be money ahead!

More Movemeant Sales Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Av
      11th of Feb, 2007

I purchased a magazine in the amount of $30.00 on October 26, 2017 and it is now February 9, 2017 & I have NEVER received any magazine! They were quick to cash my check. This company is a fraud! DO NOT buy from them! My neighbor had the same salesman show up on her doorstep on the same day & she never received her magazines either! This company needs to be shut down!

• Tr
      2nd of May, 2007

I usually do not order magazines from door-to-door agents, as I have been burned in the past. But this was the day after Christmas, and the woman had a sob story about being recently widowed and trying to earn money any way she could. I ordered a WEEKLY magazine subscription, waited 120+ days for it to arrive, and never got it. They do not provide a toll-free number on the receipt, either. I had to call long distance to Indiana (from California) TWICE, only to get voicemail. Finally someone called me back a week later, as I was in the middle of writing them a letter demanding a refund. The person told me she was sorry about the delay, but that the magazine should be arriving by the first week in July (over 6 months after being ordered). I told her I wanted a refund instead. She was quick to inform me that I would have to request it in writing and it would take another 8-10 weeks to arrive. NEVER AGAIN.

• Am
      24th of Mar, 2008
    Movemeant Sales - Not receiving items ordered!
    Movemeant Sales
    103 May Avenue
    Michigan City
    Indiana
    Phone: 219-873-1080
    www.movemeantsales.com

I paid for two years for a magazine subscription on July20, check was cashed July 30, and guess what? No magazines!
    It is now March 24th, and I am playing phone tag with the representatives of Movement Sales. According to their receipt, it says customer will receive delivery within 120 days. I am now at over 210 days. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!! I am out $56 from these scammers that hide behind a salesperson that may have had a hard life!

BTW, I am on Colorado.

• Op
      18th of Jun, 2008
    Movemeant Sales - door to door sales

I was asked by my salesperson to make a comment about my experience with Movemeant Sales after receipt of my magazines. I had no problems. I previously purchased magazines from a different company that I never received and was never refunded. I vowed never to do door to door again. With the increasing popularity of the internet it is so easy for any unsatisfied person to post a complaint, but is that a true way to judge a company. I saw the complaints, purchased and my children are enjoying the magazines. If you truly believe that everyone deserves a chance, make your decision based on your views and don’t be deterred by the opinion of others. It is common for people to post complaints but no one thinks to post a praise for good service. Before you condemn any door to door salesperson, think about how many times you have been to a McDonalds and your order was screwed up. Do you still eat McDonalds?

• Da
      3rd of Jul, 2008

I was screwed over by Movemeant Sales. I did pay for magazines after being pesterred and pressured from very pushy salespersons. I canceled the order, but the money went to them anyway and I didn't receive my refund until after 3 months of raising Hell, contacting various authorities in the state of CA, IN and FL and contacting the FTC(Federal Trade Commission). This organization is a fraudulent organization and is bad news to be avoided at all costs. Stay away from them. They are ###.

I want to also inform people at Movemeant Sales, Inc. who may be reading this, that I contacted the editors of magazines that you CLAIM to be selling on behalf of. Many of them told me that they don't do business with you and many of them in fact had never heard of Movemeant Sales, Inc. One editor told me that her firm had ceased doing business with Movemeant Sales, Inc. YEARS AGO.

Movemeant Sales, Inc. is a fraudulent firm that should be shut down. Regarding its agents they can work at Starbucks or do something else that is useful with their lives and not get taken advantage of my cheats and liars like the management of Movemeant Sales, Inc. For the people who think that they are decent people and work for Movemeant Sales, Inc., quit IMMEDIATELY and get work elsewhere. You are wasting your life away.

Sincerely,

David Penso

• En
      31st of Aug, 2009
    Movemeant Sales - Magazines not delivered
    Movemeant Sales
    Michigan City
    Indiana

I too have been scammed by this company. I was not going to back down! I was suckered in March of 2017. I have called, written, faxed, and called again. I was very persistent calling almost every week. It wasn't until I filed a complaint with the BBB of Northern IN that any resolution occured. Within 2 weeks of my complaint with the BBB I had a refund check in my mailbox. I strongly urge anyone who has been scammed by this company to contact the BBB.