Monarch Utilities / Monarch Utilities-WATER

1 Blue Mound, TX, United States Review updated:

We have to do something about Monarch Utilities. Knowing that we have no other option as to water utilities, they take advantage and overcharge. Some months it appears, they don't take the readings, charge the base amount, and then a couple of months later, we get this outrageous bill -this time taking the reading, and appearing that we used an exaggerated amount of water 12, 000 GALLONS, where all the other months are in average of 4, 000 to 6, 000 GALLONS. REDICULOUS!!! We need to have other options for WATER services in Blue Mound.

Comments

• Te
      28th of Dec, 2010

We are a family of three and they got us for $200, 30, 000 gallons of water in one month and we dont have any leaks either. I cant think of anything but to contact state rep and BBB. Do you know of anything else?

• Fl
      3rd of Feb, 2011

We have a business in Roanoke on the Monarch water system and they have done the same thing to us. We have gone 'round and 'round with them about not reading the meter, charging the base amount, and then sending an outrageous bill. The lastest thing is that we just got a Notification of Service Termination because they "did not receive payment for a bill due 1/22/11". The check was sent on 1/11/11 and cleared our bank on 1/14/11. We are having to jump through hoops to prove that we paid the bill! They screwed up and we are bearing the brunt of their mistake. Too bad we don't have another choice in water systems.

• Co
      9th of Mar, 2011

I am in agreement with this.. there ripping people off Ive been spending alot of money on that nasty water that smells and taste funny.. and they will turn you off if your late or even short a couple of dollars.. we need a new water company in our area!!

• Bl
      10th of Mar, 2011

Im a single mom with one daughter. We hardly have cloths to wash, nevertheless our waterbill is the same of my neigbors that have 4 teenagers and 2 adults. I dont comprehend why its so difficult to lower the rate of water. My mother lives across town she pays $58 for garbage and water! I pay $160 even if I dont stay at my house.
    Its obviouse that the integrety of Monarch Utilities is non-exsitant.

• Da
      29th of Apr, 2011

yes we are over charged for our water . with a bill for 65 dollars just for water is not right. Big city water is not that much. If it was for trash and sewer it would be understanable. why are we paying for work they are doing in other states. Time to dig my own well

• Fl
      3rd of May, 2011

We finally got the "late payment" problem worked out (see previous post) but not until we involved the Fraud Dept of our bank. Then, miraculously, Monarch found the payment. It took another week for them to apply the credit and two weeks to refund the $5 late fee and to clear our record. I asked for (twice), but never rec'd, a written apology (I'm not surprised). Then, I read that they won some award for great customer service from the city of Irving! Really?

• Lo
      13th of May, 2011

To "Blue Mound Resident" (single mom with one daughter). Your complaint sounds like mine word for word, I lived in B.M. for 12 years. The only difference with me now is that my daughter is grown and moved out and I'm STILL paying the same. I have neighbors as you that pay the same as me with 4 or 5 people in the house. It's disgusting.