Microcenter / beware of microcenter re-stocking fees
Bought two LCD monitors ONLY because a salesman at this store recommended them. Big mistake. It was nearly impossible to read text on either monitor, especially at bottom half of the screen. (In the store, they display monitors only with a DVD of colorful fish swimming around coral.)
Returned both, and told returns clerk that monitors were awful, and told him why. I was charged a 15% "open box" fee. (Clerk told me the fee was noted in tiny print on receipt.)
When I complained about the "open box" fee to the manager, I was told, "If a customer asks, we tell them." Do you believe it? I NEVER, EVER would have bought them had I known. Now, that's $50 down the drain.
I got this advice from another customer, who had heard me complaining: "You always have to say the product is defective in order not to be charged a restocking fee."
More Microcenter Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Micro Center - fraud and scam 
- Microcenter - order online pickup service badly broken 
- Micro Center - no service on extended warranty
- Micro Center - this is a scam by microcenter or its refurbishing center 
- Micro Center - this place is a rip off
- Micro Center / Micro Electronics - macbook pro
- Micro Center / Micro Electronics - imac pro
- Micro Center / Micro Electronics - laptop lcd screen replacement
- Micro Center / Micro Electronics - micro center employees are holding onto all vega 64 video cards and buying them to resell online
- [Resolved] Micro Center / Micro Electronics - no proactivity/bad customer service