Merry Maids / Fraud and scam

Before I moved into my new home I hired Merry Maids to clean it for me. On Nov 13th, 2008 Merry Maids came to my home with a four-person team to clean my 3bdrm tri-level home. However, the quality of the cleaning was a disappointment. I thought I paid for hand washed floors, cleaning of the ceiling fans, refrigerator, base boards and bathroom floors. Unfortunately, thats not what I got. The floors did not appear to have been hand washed; there were dead flies left in the corners. There was still dust on the ceiling fans. The refrigerator (freezer included) was only wiped down, not cleaned/washed. The base boards and bathroom floors were still dirty. Also, I was assured that I did not need to supply any cleaning supplies but to my astonishment the cleaners had used my Lysol cleanser.

Later that day I called George at 4:30pm to tell him about the floors. He offered to come back the following month. Upon further inspection of the house I called back to report the condition of the everything else I had found. After two more conversations and an inability to settle on a new appointment time I requested a full refund. George then said he'd call back. I missed his return call and when I called him back that day I spoke with his wife. Unfortunately, her customer service skills were lacking. She was condescending and argumentative.

The next day I called back very eager to settle this situation. I offered to accept a refund of $100.00 only; allowing Merry Maid to keep $40.00 for transportation fees and George refused. He counter-offered me only a $75.00 refund by mail. Exasperated at this point, I reluctantly agreed. As of today I still have not received a refund.

An

Comments

• Mu
      30th of Dec, 2009

you're lucky they used your lysol. their products don't disinfect... AT ALL...

• Ld
      12th of Jul, 2010

The Merry Maids ladies come into the house with their dirty rags, that probably have never been washed, and their old old vacuum cleaners that look disgusting. They rush through the house never putting anything back in its place...like bathroom rugs, pictures, etc. The last time I had them clean the house (actually the house was NEVER really clean when they left!), they pulled into the driveway at 11am and left at 11:40am. I had to clean after they left...and beyond that they STOLE several pieces of expensive jewelry...no wonder they were in such a hurry to leave. THIEVES! When I called the Merry Maids office to tell them what had happened ...all they said was "OK." Beyond arrogance!!! CAUTION: DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS CLEANING SERVICE, BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW THE FIRST THING ABOUT CLEANING!!!

• Mn
      7th of Aug, 2012
    Merry Maids - rip off
    merry maids
    Bedford
    Texas

They are incapable of cleaning a house properly. After several complaints and their attempts to fix the problems the manager came out to review our complaints. He was of no help either. Example: shower was obviously missed several times. Manager said that it was a work in progress due to hairspray. CLR and 10 minutes did the trick. Don't lie to me please. Cancelled the service and it cost $270 for our first cleaning ( read your contract)