MerchantCircle.com / Unsolicited phone calls!

CA, United States Review updated:
4.75
I usually do not answer calls from toll free numbers or even those I do not recognize but this one called a LOT!
[protected]. My number used to belong to a business, it's now a residence. I've had this number eight years and from time to time I'd still get calls looking for the business. Three times now I've received calls with a recorded message stating my business received a positive rating on merchantcircle.com and that I should register my company there.

Each call I reported to the DNC website. The first time, I went to the website and filled out the form for my "business" to be removed from their listings. The second call came a month later and I did nothing more. This last time I called the number noted that showed on caller ID and GOT a human! When I asked if this was merchantcircle.com, she hung up. I called back and said I've been solicited from your number, have reported it to the DNC registry, that I am not a business and to please remove me from your records. He hung up.

Do NOT do business with merchantcircle.com if you have a business - one, there's only a street address to contact them, no customer service email or phone number. Secondly their marketing practices include continued harassment after requesting removal from their database and have been told they're calling a residence. If they're so subversive and private now, what happens when you join and god forbid, should they take money for their services.

Shame on you merchantcircle.com!!!

Comments

An
  22nd of Apr, 2008
Kevin Leu
MerchantCircle
650.352.1335 ext. 515 <-valid number in Nov 2007 (not verified)
1-858-361-4407 <-might be old number...not sure
Kevin@merchantcircle.com
Jd
  19th of May, 2008
Our office received a recorded message from MerchantCircle.com that said that they had an inquiry on our firm and that it may not be good. We were told to go to MerchantCircle.Com and read the message.

What we found was a web site wanting to sign up businesses and the information they had on our firm was not correct and had never been correct. So we just will just pass on the registration and forget the phone call.
Jo
  8th of Jul, 2008
I can add, as a separate party, that they are reckless and their
practices are hard to reverse once they get you on their list.
Without permission, they list my retail store with an incorrect address.
There is no way to contact them, unless you register, so I need
to hire a lawyer to handle. merchantcircle.com a public nuisance!!!
Ta
  16th of Sep, 2008
if anyone has had success trying to get this annoyance off your back let me know!!
An
  22nd of Sep, 2008
thank you for posting the number.
I just received a spam auto-dialer call saying our business has a video online (we don't) so I called to have our number removed...I got an automated "removal" system...here's hoping it works.
Do
  24th of Sep, 2008
Received a recorded message to advise my business had a video advertisement on MerchantCircle.com. Viewed the video ~ it is not applicable to our business. We will ust ignore their calls in the future ~ caller ID came up as M C 480/543-1367. We have registered with DNC but continue to receive annoying calls. Has registering worked for you?
Sh
  2nd of Oct, 2008
I also have had bad experience with merchant circle and will NEVER advertise on that site again. I had requested numerous times for them to remove my business from there site but they would always ignore my request and delete my email so after a month of that I finally reported them to san jose better business bureau and wouldn't you know... they FINALLY RESPONDED saying they removed the listing but why couldn't they have just done that on my FIRST request? I do know the owner of the site is jennifer and can be emailed directly at jennifer@merchantcircle.com

Glad I am no longer a part of merchant circle, they should be shut down!!
Se
  19th of Apr, 2009
I AM JUST A CUSTOMER CONSIDERING TO OPEN MY OWN BUSINESS.
THE MALL I WAS CONSIDERING TO OPEN MY BUSINESS DOES BUSINESS THROUGH MERCHANTCIRCLE.COM. WHAT I NOTICED WAS ALL THE INFORMATION ON THIS SITE WAS 5+ YEARS OLD. THE MAJORITY OF THE STORES IN THIS MALL HAVE EITHER CLOSED DOWN OR OPEN THEIR OWN BUSINESSES WITHIN THE COMMUNITY!

GLAD TO HAVE KNOW EXACTLY WHO ARE DEALING WITH.

MerchantCircle Logo MerchantCircle