Merchant Circle .com / phone calls about negative review

1 CA, United States Review updated:

Merchant Circle is using disgusting phone spam. Even if you call the BBB and stop it, they disregard and disrespect the BBB and your buisness by continueing to do it. They clearly have no ethics and this will eventually hurt there buisness in the long run. They have no contact #'s or e-mail addresses where you can contact them, how sleazy is that. They have the nerve to say they are a good company, yah right.

Comments

• Ms
      20th of May, 2008

I am trying to find out what Merchant Circle is. I received an automated message telling me that someone found out about my company on google/yahoo and if I am a legitimate business I shoudl go to their website and put my phone number in the blue box. Can anyone clue me in as to what this about?

• Gs
      21st of May, 2008

i GOT THE SAME THING!!! An automated message...whats going on?? are they just trying to get people to get on their Website???

• Ed
      22nd of May, 2008

I got the same call as well, I didn't go to the web site but am curious if any one did. Seems like a scam to me.

• Ed
      22nd of May, 2008

I found the below site that has a few more commnets regarding merchant circle.

• Ca
      29th of May, 2008

This company contacts me every month, I receive an automated messagestelling me, that someone found out about my company on google/yahoo. To go to their website. When I go there, they have the wrong information. My company's name is misspelled, the address is incorrect. I tried to contact them they have no email address, no phone. What's going on? They are very misleading! I think there a scam!

• Co
      30th of May, 2008

Merchant Circle will be among the first against the wall when the revolution takes over! Somebody find out who these facists counter-revolutionaries are and report them to your Cell Commander so that they can be added to the appropiate death list.

Free Luna!

• Lw
      19th of Jun, 2008

Merchant circle does nothing to verify an experince with a customer and the will publish any garbage you want to write without regard to authenticity. It is nothing more than a rant site for aimless souls. They call my business incessantly and I wish they would stop. They should at least leave a response area for the business if people really read their crap before choosing a business but I'm sure they don't. Stick with the BBB they do their homework!

• Pa
      16th of Jul, 2008

We received the auto generated message. It wasted an hour of my time.

• Jw
      22nd of Aug, 2008

Phoenix, AZ number just came up on our caller ID (August 22, 2008) @ 5:30, telling me to go to their website and put "my business number" in the blue space. I DON'T HAVE A BUSINESS, you friggin' dimwits!!! Just sign me: "Alleged" Business Owner in Tennessee

• Mi
      29th of Aug, 2008

I too got an automated message, i tried for so many times to rectify but i cant. please somebody help me.

Miller Thomson

[url="http://blog.widecircles.com"]widecircles

• De
      7th of Oct, 2008

I am a user of Merchant Circle...

Merchant Circle is the best FREE Advertising site for small businesses on the internet.

If you paid for some internet advertising like yellow pages or something like that Merchant Circle was probably bundled in your package. I have increased my web presence using Merchant Circle.

If your info is on there because of a bundled package be thankful... they can get you to the TOP of the SEARCH Engines for FREE!

When a customer goes to your MC site and asks if you are verified as a real company... that is good...they charge a small fee for this... but what if you get a HUGE sale from it.

All I can tell you is that I am an extremly satisfied client... I just closed a HUGE deal - all from my MC exposure. So learn how it works.

Read my blog on how to Maximize Merchant Circle to build and grow your business.

• Kc
      10th of Nov, 2008

I am a Merchant Circle member. You can list for free, but don't pay for anything extra. You may not get it and you can't reach them. They forward you into a blog. I will never pay them again for anything.

• Mo
      21st of Dec, 2008

I would like ALL consumers out there know howwe became victims of a major scam by a restoration company who took complete advantage of us. PORTERS RESTORATION COMPANY from DYER INDIANA. owner; THE FAMOUS JOE PORTER. Beware to anyone who has a claim such as fire or water damAage. This company was paid 100, 000 (one hundred thousand ) by AAA iNSURANCE, to fix my home and they did everything wrong, from electrical work to overall repairs. It took them nearly 2 yrs.to complete the SO-CALLED job and my home is still not the way I had it before. PlEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!, be careful when your considering these people to fix your home. There scammers. They have a history of law suits so they ARE known to some but, UNFORTUNATELY! not to enough people out there! AFTER THE SO CALLED JOB was completed, PORTERS gave me a whooping 12 month warranty. How nice of them. I've been calling them for months because of bad wiring they installed ( amoung other things )and they NEVER call back! I WISH I KNEW THAN WHAT I KNOW NOW. You see! I DIDN'T pick these crooks! The insuarance adjuster from AAA picked these scammers for me, and I didn't know I HAD A SAY SO! The adjuster from AAA LARRY QUIERRO from Dyer Indiana didn't tell me. There are other restoration company's out there who do outstanding work. Please DO NOT hire these crooks! PORTERS RESTORATION FROM DYER INDIANA ARE CROOKS! Do your own research if you have to ...PLEASE!!!

• In
      8th of Feb, 2010

My name is Inspector David Snell and I own a 23 year old restoration company.
    First of all, if you have a complaint against your insurance company you have several things that you have the option of doing.
    Turn your insurance company in to [redacted] and write an article about your experience.
    Turn your insurance company over to Policy Holders of America.
    Turn your insurance company into your state insurance commissioner.
    Write reviews about your insurance company.
    Cancel your insurance with the company that is not looking out after you from your experience, if you are not happy with them.

Just some suggestions.