Meetup — group organizer
I organized a Meetup, and started to get folks joining the group. Every time I went to welcome a new member, I would get an error message indicating that I was not authorized to send messages to group members. I started getting messages for 'Joe'. My name is Dean. Somehow they got the wires crossed, and I was not able to organize meetings, reply to questions, or use any other organizer functions. I tried calling a customer service number that I found on the internet. It was a recording directing everyone to the website/email support. They do not answer emails directly, but instead send you a list of FAQs as answers. I had my credit card company reverse the charges and disbanded the group.
More Meetup Complaints & Reviews
- Meetup.com - be very careful which groups you join & scrutinize the intentions of the organizers 
- Meetup.com - I quit because I could no longer deal with the psycho, creepy, and just plain crazy people that would come to my events 
- Meetup.com - scam 
- Meetup.com - I have major issues with privacy on meetup.com 
- Meetup.com - scam website
- Meetup - aberdeen food and drink lovers 
- Meetup - charges!
- Meetup - meetup group-bay area 40+ singles club
- Meetup - worst customer service in the world
- Meetup.com - meetup