MDU Communications / The WORST company EVER

1 Sterling, VA, United States Review updated:

I have not had one month of problem FREE issues with this company. Since May, I've been forced to use this company because they won the bid for my apartment complex...needless to say they will find out shortly, they are loosing the business.

I have VoIP telephone service and each time I make a call, the receiver of my calls gets a different number on their caller ID than what I am assigned to. When I call Maryland from a Virginia number, the person's caller ID shows that I'm calling from WITHIN Maryland!!! Each time I call MDU I get a bunch of kids taking the calls and stating they'll call me back. Guess what? No calls...I even expressed to them how much of a lawsuit they'll have on their hands when I call 911 and the number registers wrong and the ambulance shows up at the wrong residence. Do you think they care about that, NOPE! I've called Corporate, and no one calls back. I ask to wait to talk to a supervisor and i get that they are unable to keep me on hold to talk to a supervisor; when I tell them how funny it is that they can keep me on hold for 15 minutes to trouble shoot the issue, they stumble and fumble for an answer.

Last month, I fought with them to give me a credit for service they aren't providing. So they did, but I ended up having to pay for the taxes...go figure. This month, i got an email stating they haven't received my payment yet. How's that possible when they bill my CREDIT CARD and I hadn't gotten my credit card statement yet??? Again, I called, ended up with some kid who says "oh then there must've been a glitch in the system". Funny thing is; 2 days later I got my credit card bill and there is NO CHARGE on it from MDU. I'm actually on hold with them again right now to complain.

I tried reporting them to the FCC and received a response that they can't handle VoIP issues and that I need to try to contact the Better Business Bureau.

My suggestion is to MOVE ON to another company; I'm not sure how this one stays in business.

Comments

• Tx
      16th of Dec, 2010

I live in an apartment community in north Texas (Austin Ranch). MDU bought our service effective today and this morning while I was watching the news, my tv displayed a message indicated that I was not a subscriber to this DirecTV station. The message started appearing on EVERY channel I subscribe to and I've been on hold with MDU for an for an hour now waiting for SOMEONE to pickup my call. They're definitely off to a GREAT start in my book...NOT!

• Te
      16th of Dec, 2010

I have had similar issues with MDU. Ever since they took over our service at our apartment complex (also in Dallas) we have not been able to get any network channels. We have had people from MDU, Direct TV and our apartment complex come out and they all say it isn't their problem. I don't understand why we are required to pay Direct TV AND MDU. It seems like a scam to me because I cannot understand what service they are actually providing.

• Ms
      9th of Mar, 2011

i 200% agree with you. MDU is the worst company. DO NOT EVER get any service with them. Their internet service is horrible. MDU sales person lied to us and signed us up for a year cable contract with even telling us. I am so frustrated with these people.

• Md
      17th of Jul, 2012

i dont know how this company stay in business their service is the worst, my srevice has been out for seven dayes have not been able get the problem solve they keep on the phone twenty mim before you get areal person than tell yu give me your number we will have some one call call you never happen iam still wating for some to come

• Bi
      22nd of Sep, 2014

We have MDU for heating in Hettinger ND.. Were on the budget payment plan. Twice now this has happened to me, . I get off work and have no electricity .I HAVE NEVER MISSED A PAYMENT AND IM ALWAYS ON TIME. But for some reason they say I called them asking to be removed from the payment budget plan. I end up paying 600.00 to MDU for reconnection fees . They take out what ever Im left paying on my bpp from my checking account that ends me up with nsf.. This time it cost me 1, 400 to get reconnected and I had to pay them 200.00 that was left over from my bpp. time I call them asking why I was disconnected for they say I called them asking them to remove me from the payment budget plan. When I tell them I DIDNT CALL OR ASK THEM TO DO THAT. I get told her my word against theirs...this town I live in is a small town that has several corrupt people that are in government off there... they need to clean that mess up and get some honest people working for that town...