McCarthy Volkswagen — petrol leaking on the fuel pump seal
I bought a 2014 Polo in December 2015 from McCarthy Middelburg master cars. On Sunday the 28th of January 2018 after filling the petrol tank there was smell of petrol fumes as I drove from Middelburg to Balfour. When I arrived in Balfour we inspected the car only to find out that it was leaking petrol on the petrol pump which is situated right under the rear passenger seat. I then took it to NTT VW Heidelberg where it was discovered that the seal was damaged. My question is should I pay for this safety defect since the car's warranty apparently expired in November 2017?
Updated by Fetsa, Jan 30, 2018
I hope my query will receive prompy attention
More McCarthy Volkswagen Complaints & Reviews
- Mccarthy Volkswagen Silver Oaks - pathetic service 
- McCarthy Volkswagen - bad service and lies 
- McCarthy Volkswagen - sales executive lied to me and put me under false impression. 
- McCarthy Volkswagen - bad service and lies
- McCarthy Volkswagen - defective car less than 3months /lied to by sales person/bad service.
- McCarthy Volkswagen - golf 7 2018
- McCarthy Volkswagen - service
- McCarthy Volkswagen - vw golf 7
- Bidvest McCarthy Volkswagen Arcadia - polo tsi comfort line
- McCarthy Volkswagen - unethical behaviour