mbtcom.com / fake mbt shoes

1 China Review updated:

Fyi, I ordered mbt shoes from mbtcom.com and didn't realized that they are based out of China. These internet complanies don't have a 1-800 number which is the first clue. I got the product but quickly realized that they were knockoffs. They look very close but they feel completely different which is why the heel doesn't look the same as the product they advertise. BEWARE!!! order from websites that give a telephone number to contact them!!! If the price is too good to be true...it is!!!

Comments

• He
      4th of Sep, 2009

Thank you for posting this complaint. I work for MBT, and will be happy to speak with anyone who has been duped into ordering these knock-off MBTs.

There are over a dozen of these phonie Chinese websites, and they look quite misleading.

The REAL website for authentic MBT purchase is www.shopmbt.com
    (Our support contact number is listed on this website)

Or you can find our retailer locater on www.us.mbt.com.

Sincerely,
    Heath Norton,
    MBT Consumer Marketing Manager

• Ci
      19th of Nov, 2009

I just purchased a pair of MBT from MBT-Wholesale.com and they will not refund me my $. What should I do?

• Be
      30th of Nov, 2009

I'm Benjamin Crisostomo, e mail add Betchie59@yahoo.com
    we ordered 2 pairs of mbt shoes from mbt passion since Nov. 15, but until now no delivery, what shall we do

• Be
      30th of Nov, 2009

we are awaiting for the delivery of our ordered 2 pairs of shoes from mbtpassion since Nov. 15, is there really an mbtpassion.com?

• Il
      8th of Dec, 2009

****ALSO Ebay has alot of fake MBT`s. THey are not the same colors as REAL MBT`s, AND they are inexpensive and I am sure just junk...so beware, know who you are buying from, so you don`t get ripped off! MBT`s are Great ( The REAL ones! )

• Mo
      20th of Jan, 2010

We ordered two pairs (one W, one M) of MBT's from mbtpassion.com and it took almost 6 wks to get them. Then when we DID get them, mine were very wide (I wear them now in the OR) and my husbands came in a female size. So now, my husband can't wear his (125.00$ down the drain) and although mine seem to be OK (I must admit I wondered if they were knock off's b/c they didn't seem to fit as well as the ones I tried in the store...) they certainly could fit better. Any thoughts on how to remedy the situation? And to those of you reading, do NOT order from www.mbtpassion.com

• Mo
      20th of Jan, 2010

Heath what is your contact info? Any thoughts for the rest of us on what to do/if there is a way to remedy? Thanks!!

• Jl
      1st of Mar, 2010

I ordered from www.mbtmall.com/ & am now concerned that they are not authentic MBT's. Is there an easy way to tell for those of us who have never tried the shoes on before or seen one in a store? There was no way to tell that these were made in China until I got the shoes & they state 'made in China' on the inside of the tongue of the shoe. I have emailed them twice to see if these are authentic but all they said was that they were original MBT's. I am assuming that it would cost more to ship them back then it's worth.

• Sh
      17th of Mar, 2010

DID anyone have any luck getting ahold of Heath from MBT?

• Sc
      25th of Mar, 2010

I'm having a similar problem with www.topsmbt.com. I did not do enough research before buying these and saw them for such a good deal that I went ahead with the sale. After reading about these fraud websites later that same day I emailed topsmbt.com (the only way to contact them of course, no 1-800 number, no live chat, etc). I've been in contact with them for over a week and I am getting no where. I told them to cancel and refund, yet they shipped days later anyways, and now they have ceased communication. Today I went back to their website and it has changed from a week ago when I purchased. They actually admit, now, to not being authentic MBT shoes. Isn't that just great. So I guess I'll see what arrives from China...if it ever arrives. I know I'm not getting a refund though, that's for certain.

I hope those of you with similar problems have better luck than I.

• Fl
      29th of Jul, 2010

We bought two pairs too, I did the sandals, after the buying, offcourse I start reading all about the fakes, never crossed my mind there could be fakes ( naiive). Just say this bargain en thought that it where " overdated` shoes, out of season. I don't know yet how they walk, will soon know, I do feel sad stepping into a [censor] like that..but well mayeb they walk fine..as to compare to normal shoes? And yeah they were more than half cheaper almost.
    But is there a site that you can stuff up all the links of the sites who deliver fakes
    for warnings for others??

I did read some fakes are made in the same factory as the real ones, are they fakes then.. or black market ones. In my real MBT"s the label sais also made in china ( they are from a reliable MBT store in Holland)

31st of Jul, 2010

i ordered shoes from mbtsupplier.com... definitely immitation...(if i hadn't ordered original mbt shoes from walkman a few years earlier i would have thought these crummy shoes were mbts)...yes like others i was snared by their prices ...I did not receive a return address and of course didn't notice the lack of a telephone number...
    their last correspondence arrogantly said "the price was cheap, the shoes were so-so, just keep the shoes"...i'll order from walkman's..they do have reduced sales each season that are original mbt's. They also care about having return customers.

31st of Jul, 2010

disgruntled gramma again. The above comment has a wrong name for a good company...the correct name is the "The Walking Company"...place an order with them you won't be disappointed...if the shoes don't fit you can return them easily. They cover the return shipping costs. They also furnish a telephone number...just count me in as wiser gramma!

• Po
      17th of Sep, 2010

I bought a pair of mbt shoes from hots123 of the tunisia maryane style. When it was delivered it came from China. It dawned right onto me that it may be immitation. It looked and felt like an immitation. I regret getting the shoes from this website. Footwear.com is a trusted website. I did not order my shoes this time with them because they did not carry my size.
    People out there, beware.

• Sp
      9th of Oct, 2010

http://www.antmbt.com is fake too...dispute credit card charges!!

• Sp
      9th of Oct, 2010

http://www.antmbt.com is fake too! dispute credit charges!!

• Sb
      10th of Oct, 2010

Always look for a return policy with FREE returns and exchanges, phone number and address of the company before you order. I have found several more websites selling the counterfeits this way. If it sounds to good to be true, you can bet its not.

I purchased 1 pair that were counterfeits. The sizing was way off, when I tried to exchange them for a smaller size they wanted $38.oo
    for shipping and a $20.00 restocking fee. I filed a FRAUD credit/debit report with my credit union.

30th of Nov, 2010

I just received a pair of MBT sneakers from
    HOTS123 HOTS123 HOTS123 HOTS123
    THEY ARE DEFINITELY FAKE, KNOCKOFFS, CHEAP MATERIAL, they dont even fit correctly. Yes sizing waaaaaaay off. Thin, flimsy material, theyre not even leather!!!
    Id be better off buying skips from the 99cent store!
    IM APPAULED!!!
    as soon as I saw the mailing slip was from China, I knew I had been had!

HOTS 123 sells KNOCKOFF MBT's!!! BUYER BEWARE!!!

• Sk
      7th of Apr, 2011

I've done the same mistake - ordered my shoes from mbtshoessale.org.uk When I saw the charge on my credit card statement coming from China, I have cancelled the order straght away. Even thought the shoes have not been shipped, they refused to refund me and sent a shipment confirmation after my email correspondance with them requesting a refund. I don't know what I will received now, but can imagine I don't even need to go to the post office to pick them up. Waste of time. I guess I can consider it as a charity for Chinese people... :) Next time I will double check all the details and do a research before giving away my credit card details! Please do not repeat my mistake.

• Li
      13th of Sep, 2011

Hi every one, I already have an mbt pair of shoes bought from Canada, and they r wonderful. Paid 300$ for those. Then I saw a pair, on mbtclearances-outlets.com for 90$ which were supposedly on 60% sale. Jumped to the opportunity. Wanted to buy 2 pairs, I am happy I didn't. They shipped through a Chinese company. My husband got suspicious but it was already paid for. When they arrived I could clearly see they knock offs: size, material, finishing and even the weight. I am really frustrated and ashamed that I had fallen into scam. Should have known better.
    Fake: mbtclearences-outlets BEWARE