Mayo Clinic / registration/insurance

1 Jacksonville, FL, United States

My husband and I waited 3 weeks for our appointment at Mayo with a Surgeon.
We drove a hour and 1/2. We went to the registration counter and the 3rd lady we talked to informed us we were out of Network. We would have to pay 20, 000-30, 000 to do a lobectomy. We were in shock since we had pre-registered and were told we were in Network. We saw Dr. THOMAS and proceeded to find out what was going with insurance. The lady at registration gave us no information or concern on how to resolve .
We cancelled Surgery at Mayo for October 24th. Then they called and said we were in Network and they put us back on surgery schedule.
A week later once again a problem, we need pre certification from Mayo to get insurance to cover my husband..So needless to say a cancer diagnosis and a coming up surgery isn't stressful enough, but Mayo failed from the first moment we walked in the door.
I hope this helps other patients understand that they are not going to help you find out what you need to do.
Pray that we get this precertifacation.
I would not recommend this hospital to anyone because of all the complications just trying to understand what we need to get this surgery.
They are not customer friendly or helpful.

Sa