Max White Teeth / unauthorized charges

1 New Britain CT, CT, United States Review updated:

Max White Teeth processed an unauthorized charge of $78.93 to my account. I paid for the trial whitening kit but didn't authorize them to process any more charges. They refuse to credit the money back to my account. DON'T BUY ANY TRIALS FROM THEM!!!
It doesn't work and it's a scam.

Ma

Comments

• Mu
      12th of May, 2009

I had the same thing happen to me a few days ago. They charged me FOUR times!!! I did agree to a free trial with a different company but I have never heard of this one! How did you settle this?

• Do
      13th of May, 2009

I called the number (1-866-964-1011) and they stated they are NOT part of "MAX WHITE"?
    The 2 firms I placed my order with cancelled my subscriptions without any 'major' problem; they try to talk you into keeping the first shipment at a reduced cost. However, with the way they are not forthcoming with the monthly charges in their promotion, I DO NOT trust them in the least!
    Notify your Credit Card company and make sure they document your complaint about these charges!
    This company is in the State of Florida so call the Division of Consumer Services at 1-800-435-7352 and make a complaint about this company.

• Ta
      14th of May, 2009

I was just taken for the same scan. Something that was supposed to cost $4.99 turns out to be an extra $78.93. They say it was stated in their disclaimer that I agreed to this but of course I don't remember seeing that. I asked the lady if they get a lot of phone calls about this & she said that they do get calls, so they know that they're hiding this extra cost/membership. I'm going to dispute it on my credit card. They also said I received a 30 day supply in 2 containers--I don't think so

• Tw
      15th of May, 2009

Max White Teeth charged my account $73.98 for a product I never authorized. I ordered a trial thru a different company and paid the S & H to them and now this charge appears. I called them and they said I have a subscription thru them. I told them I didnt authorize a subscription and I wanted my money back. They gave me an e-mail address and said if I put it in writing they would reimburse me. Never happened. Tried to call them again, they said no manager is available to talk to and because my "account" that I never authorized is closed, they cant reimburse me. They said they credited my account $40 but they cant credit the rest. The bank said I can dispute the charges though. Someone needs to do something about this company.

• Pi
      15th of May, 2009

As i see many ofd you have been scamed just like me. PLEASE call your banks and start fraud claims like I have. The money is being laundered out of the U.S. So please file !!! We can stop people like this if we stick together. Also I am contacting MSN as this is where the free white teeth blog showed up. Unite !!!
    Pissedoff in iowa

• St
      15th of May, 2009

I ordered the sample for s&h and was charged $78.93 to my bank account. I read the fine print 3 times over to make sure this wouldn't happen. I am calling my bank in the morning to try and get it stopped before it goes through. I had this happen at another place also, it has already went through unfortunately for me...I no longer have the money in my bank account to cover my car payment.

• St
      15th of May, 2009

I'm pretty sure I found the initial ad here under Teeth Whitening Pro... http://www.teethwhiteningwarning.com/ the other company listed on this page will do exactly the same thing!!! Easy White and Teeth Whitening Pro are both going to charge the 79.oo DO NOT GET THE 'FREE' TRIALS!

16th of May, 2009

I am unable to find the phone # for Max White Teeth. I am canceling any order for products I may receive in the future. I paid for a free trial of Max White Teeth ($4.99) and was immediately charged a $0.13 for Foreign Transaction Fee, which I did not authorize, and there is even a confirmation # regarding this charge! I am not able to find a phone # for this company as I already stated but am canceling any further dealings with this company. I have notified my bank regarding this matter. Again, I want no further contact or product from this company. I ordered a free trial only with a S&H charge of $4.99 only.
    Susan Miller, 9709 NE 45th Place, Vancouver, WA 98665 360-574-1045.

• Al
      16th of May, 2009

We are having the same problem. We are right now reporting it to the BBB. Here's the address of the business that Max White Teeth goes through.: Advanced Wellness Research Inc.
    500 South Pointe Dr.
    Ste 230
    Miami Beach, Florida 33139

Hope this helps all of you. I did a lot of arguing with the "help".

• Js
      18th of May, 2009

The cs number for this company (Max White Teeth) is 866-9225622

I also thought I was only ordering the trial product, but I did read enough of the ad to assume for that to work you had to other the more expensive light. I thought about ordering it and decided to wait, I thought.
    I was initially charged the 78.93 on May 6, 2009 and as of today, May 18, I am being charged 83.92. The difference in the two amounts is shipping, according to her. She never answered as to why shipping was added on only the 2nd shipment.

When I called and asked about it, the woman told me that they shipped automatically every 30 days. she said I originally ordered on April 17th and so I was being billed after the initial 30 day period. It did not matter when I got the product. She also said they do not accept returns. I told her no product had even been opened much less used and she just kept trying to talk over me. I told her to cancel and I will go to my bank to complete the necessary paperwork, but since it was processed as a debit card, the payment will be made to them. I don't know if this will cancel the second shipment or not, I told the cs woman to cancel it or I would refuse the package and demand a refund (a lot of good that will probably do). I also thought I read all of the fine print but I guess I should have zoomed in 300 or 400 x's.

I will be contacting the BBU online also.

JS Page
    McKinney, TX

• Sh
      18th of May, 2009

I ordered a free sample of the teeth whitening gel from this company for the cost of shipping and handling which they billed to my credit card. One month later I found a charge of $78.93 from this same company! I have read the other complaints and I also never was told about a "membership". Can anyone help me with the name and contact information for this company. Did not like the product and threw everything away. S.B., Northbrook, IL

• Gl
      19th of May, 2009

I too ordered a trial sample for shipping and handling and was not told of any recurring membership. I too recently found a charge of $78.93 to my bank account with a fee of $1.97. I called the company 1866-922-5522 .. they are foreign out of country people, hard to understand, they will not let you speak to a manager and stated that everything must be done online. Also when I asked where the company was located I was told they are not authorized to give out that information. I have since filed a complaint with my bank regarding the charges. My bank will now try and contact the company to resolve this issue. This company is a scam and I will be contacting the better business bureau as well.
    Pittsburgh, PA

• Wi
      19th of May, 2009

Same complaint here. No supervisor available etc, etc, . Reps barely speak english and their standard explanation of the fine print indicates to me that they deal with a lot of unhappy customers.

22nd of May, 2009

My wife ordered the "samples" from this company. We now have $78.93 in unauthorized charges. After about an hour on the phone arguing with them they finally agreed to refund $50.00. They are very hard to understand and they are not native English speaking. They are thieves and liars.

DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

The scam is for free samples. What they are misleading about is the fact that you are signing up for monthly purchases from them. It seems they have already taken down this "promotion".

• Br
      23rd of May, 2009

I have also been taken for the same scam. This was just a cost of $4.99 and then not only do they get that amount they turned around today and took out $78.93. They told me that I didn't read their disclaimer and that I agreed to all of this but I made sure that I read everything on the web site and there was not a mention of further charges of $78.93. Now they are telling me it was there and I told them it was not and all ANDY, employee #8331 said was that it was there when I know it was not. I told him that he better put cancel on anything that they have of mine and he tried to pull another scam of "if I would let them send me another order then they would take half of the amount off. I told him NO and that if he could take half of the amount off of the charges then he could refund all of it. I got his name, employee number and my cancellation confirmation #. I hope the rest of you did the same. I am not sure what else I can do about this. I do know that he said that I received a 30 day supply and I told him that the little syringe with about 2" of gel in it was not a 30 day supply but he would not listen to me and talked right over me. I don't have thing against people from India but all of these companies have hired them and then we have trouble understanding them and talking to them. I will be talking to my bank but I don't think they can even stop it because the company used my debit card and it comes right out and he told me they would not refund any charges.

• Or
      24th of May, 2009

Like many others, I bit on the "free" trial. I was charged for four charges of 78.93 with international shipping of 2.37 each. This was not authorized by me and it may take my changing my account number on my card to straighten out! What a hassle! Never buy from an unsolicited ad.

• Au
      24th of May, 2009

Everyone should very quickly (takes less than 5 minutes) file a complaint online with the Florida Division of Consumer Services.

This company is engaged in extremely deceptive programs.

The name of the company placing these charges is:
    ADVANCED WELLNESS RESEARCH INC.
    500 SOUTH POINTE DR 230
    MIAMI BEACH FL 33139

It is owned and operated by
    MOLINA, NICOLAS
    500 SOUTH POINTE DR SUITE 230

And

TRIMARCO, MICHAEL
    500 SOUTH POINTE DR SUITE 230

• Gr
      24th of May, 2009

My credit card company tells me this is a phishing scam, and that this company shares my no. with many other bogus companies. The only safe thing to do is to cancel your credit card. Otherwise, you'll see charges from now on from other companies. Follow Aug's suggestion, file a complaint with the Florida ODCS, and cancel your credit card. You'll get nowhere by calling these companies. All they want is our number, and unfortunately, we've all given it to them. Next time, before I order anything online, I'm going to google it.

• Fx
      25th of May, 2009

I took a trial offer of Max White Teeth and IvoryBritesWhiteneing which I was led to believe worked in tandem. I wanted to try them. I did not want to sign up in advance of knowing the results for a monthly service costing $$78.93. I did all this on the IvoryBritesWhitening web site and consider them one and the same.

• La
      25th of May, 2009

When I'd read complainant Heather had read the T&Cs 3x to ensure no EFT, this is where techNOlogy does not ensure protection, for THAT day it may, indeed, have not so said. Likewise intrigued by the FREE trial offers of combining use of these two products, IvoryBrites and MaxWhite, have also been charged $88.97 by IvoryBrites plus a $9.99 Axis Wellness Portal Access and $78.93 by MaxWhite. Called the 800# shown associated in my Bank's debit entry for MaxWhite:

MAX WHITE: CSR John Miles 866.922.5522 - $60 CR w/no charge for product which had been sent - VERY accomodating though persisted in chiding me, such as: The Terms and Conditions state ... OK, fine: explained the two were promoted as associated and the "Free Trial" of one of these had been received and immediately marked REFUSED (I think it was Max White).

IvoryBrites: CSR Lily 888.279.0604 - $9.99 CR for Axis Wellness Portal charge, unable to CR for product CANCELLED 05/07 - No product received, presumed CANCEL was acknowledged...

WHY IS IT "NO RESPONSE" EQUATES TO "YES - ENROLL ME!" I know, I know ~ T&Cs may state: If you do not let us know within 14 days, your account will be charged. NO! I've contacted my bank in the past who says: Since you've "authorized" by providing, we can't stop. OH but H-NO! Your Bank is to protect you and when there are issues with a Vendor, in these days of EFT - THE CUSTOMER is to be protected.

Hope helpful - good luck to all!

Hey! What about the person who promotes "I found a great way to whiten my teeth by combining these products..."