Market Force Information

Scam

3.75
Louisville CO, United States
Marketsforceinfo.com
I was contacted by this company via Social Media...it sounded interesting, they sent me application...next thing I know, I receive a Cashiers Check for $3400. w/ instructions to deposit check, and when check cleared (Cashier Checks clear immediently if you have the funds to cover in your personal acct which I did), I was to withdraw $2800. text my "coordibator" and get information as to whom I was to send 2 $1400. Money Grams. I within the States, the other outside the country. Was also given a bonus job, of checking out a major retail store. The balance of the $600. Was my compensation. Not bad...However, I had trepidation about removing the $2800. then sending a the money orders...who was to say a stop payment were to be put on the Cashiers check...then I'd be out $2800.
My "coordinator" was a bit pushy...only interested in whether I'd withdrawn the $2800. I sent him an email voicing my concerns. No reply, sent a other text, asking whether he'd gotten email. No reply. Then, today received a message from our bank that the $3400. Had been withdrawn from our acct, due to Fraud/fictious and we were charged $5.
I intend to contact the FBI and the FTC to notify them of this, as I was contacted via the internet, it's doubly bad.
Complaint comments Comments (1) Complaint country United States Complaint category Scam & Fake Checks
More Market Force Information Complaints & Reviews
Market Force Information - Scam [113]

Comments

N  17th of Mar, 2017 by    0 Votes
Exactly the same thing that I experienced. I deposited the check into a savings account I set up primarily for this gig (suspicious that this was a scam all along). The check went into an 11 day hold because their bank was based in Louisiana, out of state. The contact person who texted me was upset that it was going to take 11 days and told me to just go ahead and do the shopping job (along with the wire transfer) while the check cleared. I told him "no way in hell" .
5 days into the check hold, Chase comes back with a Fictitious result and reverses the deposit.
The whole thing was a scam.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree