Maple Call / NECC telecom / phone bill

1 P.O. Box 57109 stn a toronto, Canada Review updated:

I just received a bill for services I have not used and I need to talk to customers service but no response
Some of the phones billed for are not even known to me so how do I clarify the problem
Also there is no hst number on the bills so this seems like a scam which please need to be solved as
Soon as possible to avoid fraud bills and payments
I have never dealt with this organization or company so need to know what's going on

Ki
Feb 1, 2019

Comments

• Gl
      1st of Feb, 2019

I got overbilled, so I tried to call their number 1 877 974 7494 to dispute the charges. When I got the connection, I received a recorded message that due to high call volume, I should call another time. I was disconnected.

IK was signed up with NECC. I never signed up with Maple Call. I would like to terminate my services with NECC/Maple Call. How do I do this.
    Regards
    Gleant Heredia
    Cell 778 881 0594. Land line 604 272 3093

• Da
      3rd of Feb, 2019
    Best Best Advice +5 Votes

@Glen Heredia Maple Call looks like a fraud. Just ignore their letter.

• Ro
      8th of Mar, 2019

@Glen Heredia Me too, tried calling them, but they never answer.They billed me 9 dollars, now today I got a bill for 18 dollars, and i have not even used their or any long distance services. I will contact crtc and make a complain.This is ludicrous

2nd of Feb, 2019

I got few calls from my friends who were NECC costumers like me and the all have the same problems . people can't pay the bill at the bank Nobody is able to contact them and all of them were charged some wird fees. My bill was 7.74 and 10.30 in fees. NECC never charge me like that before . Something is not right.

4th of Feb, 2019

@Christina Krol Dear valuable customer!
    Please provide us with your contact phone number and your customer ID and we gladly contact you back. You may also write us directly at [protected]@mapleCall.com and our team will assist you with all questions and concerns.

16th of Feb, 2019

@Maple Call Inc. I never heard of Maple Call inc. before and now they are expecting me to pay them bill . I don't understand who give the authority to by my long distance provider. I advise you to cut my service ASAP. and i'm not going to pay a piny … customer please no body pay any piny to Mapel Call Inc.
    or contact you phone provider ask them to cut the service . big Fraud.

• Ga
      2nd of Feb, 2019

Got the same issue, last bill came from this Maple Call Inc and it's full of "new charges", fees and inflated rate/minute. I have no contract with this company nor I have received any cancellation notice from NECC. Does anyone know what's going on?
    Thanks,
    Gabriel Onea

4th of Feb, 2019

@Gabriel Onea Dear valuable customer!
    Please provide us with your contact phone number and your customer ID and we gladly contact you back. You may also write us directly at [protected]@maplecall.com and our team will assist you with all questions and concerns.

• Ai
      2nd of Feb, 2019

Does anyone know of a lawyer who would take on this class action suit? There must be many of us who are now suddenly, without signing a contract or anything. I assume NECC is no longer and now switched to this company name. calling my provider telus to sign up with them so they can take care of this with the older company- this creams ilegal to me and looking forward to hearing this company is now OVER

• Da
      3rd of Feb, 2019

I got a similar invoice. It seems that NECC is out of business. Somehow somebody got access to their assets including their customer database and is trying to use to obtain some money. Some of the calls seems correct but this entity seems fake to me. Best is to ignore their letter altogether.

4th of Feb, 2019

@D_Advocate Dear valuable customer!

• Gr
      4th of Feb, 2019

I just switched our long distance to telus and ignoring the letter.

16th of Feb, 2019

@greg4578 me too I switched my long distance back telus .and I'm not paying a piny for this scamer they can go ahead and send my bill to collection company. please be my guest. and see if you can get any $ from me, ,
    no one should pay a piny for this scamer.. cause in normal situation company call customer and inform them if they would like to sign up with long distance service ….. scammer scammer

• Gr
      4th of Feb, 2019

I have the same problem and the new Maple bill is to be paid on the 2nd of February and is $24.00. I know nothing of this company and I pay the old NECC bill with my bank and I paid it on the 1st of February. Where did that money go??
    What should I do?

5th of Feb, 2019

@Greg Jamieson Dear valuable customer!
    Please provide us with your contact phone number and your customer ID and we will contact you back. You may also write us directly at [protected]@maplecall.com and our team of experts will assist you with all questions and concerns.

16th of Feb, 2019

@Greg Jamieson do nothing and pay nothing for a scammer.. just toss every bill in the garbage and ignore it... legally you didn't sign up with them any contract and they didn't ask you to sign up with them for long distance.
    necc did bad thing in Canada and now they run away.. they sold information to this scammer maple call

• Ol
      5th of Feb, 2019

We have been a customer of NECC for many years, and greatly enjoyed quality of customer service. From what I understand, NECC is now Maple Call. There was no notification of change in name / acquisition etc. My contract is with NECC, so it is not clear how the contract rolls over to Maple Call.
    I received my first bill from Maple Call on February 2, and the bill is due on February 2. I had e-mail bill notification with NECC, and although payment terms were tight, and penalties unreasonably high, we managed. With Maple Call, there is literally no way not to fall behind on a bill. I will be disputing any late fees and charges.
    On the bill, there is a "carrier cost recovery fee". Really curios what this is.
    Nonetheless, I tried to pay my bill on February 3, via internet banking - just like I always paid NECC bills, for over a decade now. However, Maple Call is not set up as a vendor with banks, and NECC no longer accepts payments. So the only way to pay is by sending an old-fashioned cheque that will take weeks to arrive by snail-mail?
    When I tried to call Maple Call on the number provided on the bill, every menu option responds with pre-recorded voice message "Your time is valuable to us. Due to high call volume we will not be answering your call". And then the line disconnects. THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!! THERE IS NO WAY FOR CUSTOMERS TO TERMINATE A SERVICE EVEN IF THEY WANT TO! THIS IS A SCAM!
    I will be filing a complaint with CRTC immediately.
    I e-mailed my contact information to Maple Telecom team.

16th of Feb, 2019

@Olga_K contact your phone provider and ask them to pull you out of service long distance . explain to them that some company you never sign up with them they take you.. that's what I did . i'm back with telus and not paying to a scammer, don't worry or fear of credit … legally you didn't sign up with them.. as service they should call you and tell you the service and prices they offer and if you agree to sign up with them

• Gs
      6th of Feb, 2019

I have the same complaints like all of you. I also was a NECC telecom customer for over 5 years and everything was well until yesterday... I recieved a new bill from maple call??? Don’t know what it is and why they are billing me. The bill is due feb 2... I then had to actually assess the bill and look closely to see some numbers I recognize and then notice the extra surcharge. I called Necc and it’s out of business, I called maple call and they are giving me an automated msg your call is valuable to us, due to the high call volume and wait time please call back another day... what [censored]ing company does that. My bill from maple is $84. The max I paid at Necc was $40. And all my bills are paid in advance... maple calls bill showes me called from November???????? What the [censored] is going on. I’m not paying a penny. We need to speak to someone from their customer service department or try to get a hold. If anyone has as luck please inform over social media the fastest way of receiving any information.
    Sarah G
    Edmonton, Ab

16th of Feb, 2019

@Gsarah it's scam don't pay please, , you didn't sign up with them...

22nd of Feb, 2019

@Gsarah Hi Sarah, please keep us in the loop with the outcome. I am in the same situation and determined to talk to an agent (I am in line for the last 40min and currently caller #4 - fingers crossed). There is n oway I am going to pay these charges from my hard work.

14th of Feb, 2019

Same problem like all of the above comments.
    Received a bill with charges for service I did not use and never agreed to their terms if they have any. I had no idea that NECC is out of business...
    How to cancel that account?
    No way of contacting them?

16th of Feb, 2019

@[email protected] phone to your phone provider company and cancel them.. very easy I did that and i'm not paying and please don't pay to a scammer.. no bank account or online service.. they ask to mail the money … this is enough to understand the scam

• Mi
      16th of Feb, 2019

same. I'm a Pulse client and now on Feb. 15 I've received a bill from Maple with a due date as Feb. 21. Note that I, be paid Pulse on January ad at this time I' be should have credit and nothing to pay. What is wrong with you people ???

16th of Feb, 2019

@Mihaela Luiza Motei ignore these scammer please and toss it in garbage ….. let them cut the service which is you never sign up with them... pulse and necc are same guy he run away and sold the company information...

• Vi
      20th of Feb, 2019

I am on the same boat, still trying to contact Maple call, no success. I had credit with Pulse telecom -7$, now it's gone and I have bill for 8$ from Maple call. I am curious if someone paid their bill or if this company have the right to give us to collection agency...

22nd of Feb, 2019

I am in the same situation, former NECC customer taken over by Maple Call. We have received a call mid-Jan in this regard, however I have seen no contract no terms and conditions, no current rates. I believe it is not much to ask to have visibility to my rates and to be correctly billed. It is the second time I have to complain about such take over (NECC took over Pulse Telecom company). Now, I have received a suspicious bill for apparently Dec01-Jan15 services, however charges are 3 times higher than expected (defying the simple math by adding my individual call charges attached to the bill). It is a shame that regular people like me are working a lifetime to be a good citizen, to pay taxes and keep a good credit score and now I am concerned my account will reach collection, because there is no way I am going to pay such bogus bills.

22nd of Feb, 2019

That is a serious concern that I have as well. It is not right, however it may happen unfortunately. :(

• Se
      25th of Feb, 2019

I got the same issue. The provincial institutions including police should protect us from this form of scam.

Serge

• Zo
      5th of Mar, 2019

I am in same situation. I was NECC customer and now I got invoice with some new charges from Maple Call.
    Zoran

• Su
      6th of Mar, 2019

I have the same concern. I received the first bill at the beginning of February. Called Maple and stayed on line for over 55 minutes. I finally got to talk to one of their reps. I was told to ignore the bill. I was told that they are trying to sort things out and I should not be getting any other bills. Guess what? boom I got a bill yesterday, March 5 and it was due yesterday. What shall we do???????????????

• Pu
      13th of Mar, 2019

I will join the club. Since beginning of July last year I'm not with NECC anymore. I do all my calls with my cell phone
    and that is a different company. On March the 8 th I got a bill from Maple call. They billed me for one month 9.00 $
    and than again for a second month another 9.00 $. With NECC I never paid more than 4 to 7 Dollars per month. Also with NECC my bill showed me all the details and numbers that I called.
    I tried to phone them about 30 times from early in the morning till late at night, they never pick up.
    ( hi volume try another day) I will not pay this bill, I'm ready to go to the police. Something is wrong here.