[Resolved] Makro / makro germiston bad service - giving out patial information

Germiston, South Africa

i bought a Grunding Gas stove on the 02/09/17 with my wife, while buying the stove the lady who assisted us told us to take the installation voucher, it will be used to reduce the amount which we will get quoted on . We bought the stove with the installation voucher. We got a quotation which we couldn't afford, we started looking around for qualified gas installers and we found one that was affordable and we accepted his quotation . On the 16th of September me and my wife went back to Makro to redeem our voucher since we didn't use, to my surprise they now tell me things they didn't tell me when i was buying the voucher . They told me the voucher is not refundable, the lady who assisted us admitted that she didn't see the need to tell us as she assumed we would go ahead with whatever quotation we would get . Our problem is had she told us that this voucher is not refundable we would never have taken it . When i escalated this issue now we are made to speak to a third party company called Servisure . i also found out the lady who didn't give us all the information about the voucher doesn't work for Makro but for Servisure . We buy from Makro because it is a Brand we trust and love, but what Servisure is doing is using Makro's name and reputation to gain money from us without us even aware of it . and you only know about Servisure only when you have issues otherwise its like they don't exist only Makro's name is all you see. I need my voucher refunded back to me and they need to start telling everyone who takes the installation voucher that they must know it is not refundable

• Resolution statement

• Makro Online Customer Care's Response, Sep 24, 2017

Dear Shumani,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention,
    Please forward us your details with the Makro access card number used for this purchase so that the matter can be escalated to the store for assistance.
    Kindly direct your email to [protected]@makro.co.za and include MakroOnline.[protected]@makro.co.za

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused,
    Kind regards,