MagsForLess / Try to Do this to get your money back!

New York, New York 1002341 West 72nd Street 10G, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 646-593-7197

I sent numerous emails to MagsForLess, but got no response UNTIL I SENT THE FOLLOWING EMAIL YESTERDAY. I think you guys should try to do the following to get your money back.

Sent:Mon 9/29/08 1:45 PM
To: questions@magsforless.com
Cc: owner@magsforless.com
RE: [#-[protected]] RE: [ #-[protected]]: Status on Order #

Joel Simkhai, Jamie Davis, or whoever it would be @ MagsForLess, 41 West 72nd Street, 10G, New York, NY 10023, [protected]:

I had read so many forums and websites, and now I know you are a scam. I already reported you to New York Attorney General, New York City Department of Consumer Affairs, Better Business Bureau, FBI - Internet Crime Complaint Center. I will contact the New York State Police Department today to report you and give them all your information. I will also contact all the victims who posted messages against you on different websites or forums. Once I have enough number of victims, I will have my lawyer to file a class action against you. So, have fun scamming people. I'm sure you will pay for what you've done.

SURPRISINGLY, THEY FINALLY REPLIED ME ON THE SAME DAY:

Subject: Re: RE: [ #-[protected]]: Status on Order #347480
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 16:00:43 -0400

Dear Customer,

Thanks for contacting us. Your order has been canceled and your credit card refunded for the full amount of $15.83. The last four digits of the card refunded is ****. Please allow 7 business days for your refund to process back to your card. Thank you for your patience and cooperation in this matter.

Sincerely,
Kim Scott

__________________________
I'll keep track on my credit card to see if they are really gonna refund my money. If not, I'll continue to contact law enforcement agencies to get my money back.

More MagsForLess Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Ji
  5th of Jan, 2007

MagsForLess - Magazine order for 4 yrs not received

It's been about 1 year since I placed an order for 4 years of Interview Magazine and No magazines although the order is listed as completed. Interview says they have never received the order from MagsforLess to process. Nothing, but MagsforLess charged my credit card the day the order was placed. Fraud and illegal charge.
Sa
  14th of Jan, 2007
I placed and order for 13 mags in Sept 06 and have not received one. I have sent numerous emails to them and also filled out the forms on their site and not response.

Why doesn't somebody arrest these guys.
Ma
  26th of Jan, 2007
Only 1/2 of 10 orders placed, ever arrived in 7 months!
Dc
  28th of Jan, 2007
I ordered a four year subscription to Rolling Stone - haven't seen one issue, and haven't had anyone answer my e-mails. Seems like a scam!
Re
  6th of Feb, 2007
I would recommend you avoid paying any money to MagsForLess.com. The company does not honor orders and it will take your money. I placed an order more than five months ago and never received one of the three magazines I subscribed to. Unlike at least one of the other complaints, I did not receive any e-mail from an "employee" of the company. I paid for the subscriptions I ordered, I waited more than the 8 to 12 weeks the company's web site indicated it would take for the order to be processed and after five months, nothing. This company is a fraud and you would do yourself a service to avoid it.
St
  6th of Feb, 2007
I ordered over $100 in subscriptions from Magsforless.com. I placed my order in August 06, they charged my card immediately. I have never received a single issue and they do not respond to any emails. It's Feb07 now.

By the time you realize they don't delivery you cannot fight the charges with your credit card company.

I reported them to NY State BBB. So far no word.

I cannot believe they are still in business, still advertising online on various websites, listed in Yahoo shopping, etc... I hope they are brought to justice!

PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND AVOID THESE FRAUDS!
An
  22nd of Feb, 2007
I ordered a magazine pkg. for 54.95 on Sept. 06. I emailed and was told there had an unusual delay and to please wait another 5to 6 weeks. Now they won't even respond and it's too late to get my money back from my Visa card, you only have 60 days to complain. So I'm out 59.95, since I was stupid enough to order the pkg. and Seventeen for my daughter.
Ji
  2nd of Mar, 2007
Is there any attorneys? I am hoping for a class-action.
He
  15th of Mar, 2007
Ordered magazines subscription at great price, they took my money, but no magazines have come. No response to emails. Just a big scam.
Ka
  27th of Mar, 2007
I ordered 4 separate orders for Christmas of 2006. One order with one magazine was delivered. This led me to believe he other magazines were on their way. The other 3 orders with 9 magazines and a total paid of $54.34 were never received. I have tried emailing and calling several times and have yet to get a return call or email or talk with a real person. These magazines were gifts for my daughters for Christmas, and I have not had the money to replace the orders with someone else.
Me
  16th of Apr, 2007
Its all true this company is a fraud

I am not going to repeat the story, it is the same as the previous ones.Placed my order 7 months ago as a gift to my husband. Never received anything. Emailed them and got the fake computer responses. No were to be found. This is a smart little project that some computer savvy as*hole has put together to look professional enough to get you to pay. What is scarier than that is that they have our credit card info. Let people know, this is a scam.
Ki
  20th of Apr, 2007

MagsForLess - Never received magazines

I ordered Magazines on 10th Nov 2006 from MagsForLess and so far i didn't get any magazines. I paid around 18$ for this website and no information is available from customer care service. MagsForLess are not replying for my emails and they dont have any customer care phone no... What to do?
Je
  20th of Apr, 2007
Hi Kiran,

It is unfortunate that you are the newest member of the "I've been ripped off by Joel Simkhai" Club. The list is growing daily. It is unlikely that you will see your money at this point, though you can attempt to dispute the fraudulent charge with your credit card company. You could also consider contacting the Better Business Bureau - www.bbb.org and participating in their mediation program.

You can help by warning others about this company and by filing complaints with the governmental agencies charged with consumer protection. Please consider telling your experience to the following:

Federal Trade Commission - www.ftc.org
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center - www.ic3.gov
New York Attorney General - oag.state.ny.us

If these agencies realize just how many customers that Joel Simkhai has ripped off, they will hopefully file criminal fraud charges against Joel Simkhai and/or shut down his operations.

Joel Simkhai is also running this scam under a number of other domain names: HalfPricedMags; SnappyMags; and My1Mag.
Ar
  25th of Apr, 2007
I placed an order with magsforless in September, 2006; and am still looking for the first issue.
Av
  26th of Apr, 2007

MagsForLess - No promised delivery!

I ordered some magazines and MagsForLess/Magazines deducted the money from my account and promised me the gift subscription but it was never received and I have not gotten a refund of my money and the number provided on my bank statement is always busy and I cannot get through. This seems to be a rip off. The order number sent to my email in non verifiable. I want my money refunded or the subscriptions sent.
Je
  28th of Apr, 2007
Ed Magedson, Founder of Rip-Off.com has some great suggestions on how to get your money back from Simkhai and MagsForLess:

Go to your bank within 60 days of the charge, or as soon as you know about the charge, don't delay, and tell them that there has been fraudulent activity within your account. Explain that you wish to file a dispute, and demand that they assist you in accordance with Federal Regulation E.

According to the majority of victims interviewed by Rip-off, those who immediately called their banks to dispute the charges did not get very far. Many victims got the following responses from their banks: �we could not do anything for you� or �you waited too long; it has been more than 60 days�.

If the bank is says that you have waited too long, explain to them how you called their 800 number as soon as the charges were found, and were told by the bank that nothing could be done. Remind the bank that they failed to assist you properly at the 800 #, and instead, provided you with an inadequate explanation of your right to dispute. Tell the bank that it's their fault time has expired, and since they gave you the wrong info to begin with, they will just have to deal with it, take the loss and reverse the charges.

Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was NOT to be charged! Keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything! Direct them to the hundreds of victims reports that were filed on Rip-off.com. And if you're at the bank, walk them over to their computer and make them go to this site! If you are on the phone with them, tell them you will wait while they access this site! Either way, be persistent!

DO NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER!

Let them know nicely, that you were advised to Report them (the Bank) and this situation to the Banking Commission in your state. Since each state has a different name for the agency/controller over banks, find that name before you call or get to the bank so you can throw it in their face. The more knowledgeable you appear to be, the further you will get.

And just continue to demand the Federal Regulation E form! The bank CAN, MUST and WILL reverse the charge! But, you must be persistent; ask to speak to the supervisor or the area manager for all the branches in the state.

Let the bank personnel know you are meeting with the media later in the day, that you would much rather they do the right thing (as most other banks have) by looking at the complaints and immediately reversing the charge(s) to your account; no matter how long ago it was. Be sure to call the Media if necessary so you are telling the truth.

If you have to, be loud (but nice) in front of other customers. If you are just calling by phone, the above tactics should still work. The bank can easily fax or mail to you the Federal Regulation E dispute form.

CHARGES TO YOUR CREDIT CARD

If the charge was to your credit card (not debit card, check card, or checking account), contact the credit card company as soon as possible to request a dispute form. Consumers usually have a little longer to dispute fraudulent credit card charges (up to 6 months), but it is better to act right away. In this type of situation, credit card disputes are usually successful since fraudulent companies often won't contest the disputed charge. In rare cases, credit card companies will review disputes, but refuse to reverse the charges. If this occurs, complain to a manager and let them know you will be filing a report here.

Remember� Don't let them get you! Make sure they make the Rip-off .. The more Reports filed on a Company or individual, the more likely it is that the authorities, media and attorneys will want to take action.

And good luck� Let us know how you do!
Ch
  10th of May, 2007

MagsForLess - Fraud!
MagsForLess

This company is absolutely horrible. I ordered a magazine subscription - they took my money - and I never heard from them again. The "complaint" form on their website does nothing. The phone number they provide will never get you to a live person. I filed a complaint with the BBB - but they wrote back after 5 months saying they could never get a hold of them.

Also known as: halfpricedmags.
Kr
  11th of Jun, 2007

MagsForLess - Fraudulent charges!
MagsForLess

I am another outraged customer! I placed an order (paid in full ) for a years subscription of Cooking Light on 8/24/06. It is now 6/11/07 and I have yet to receive my first issue. I was in contact with Meagen Richards, who gave me the run around for months. Eventually she simply stopped responding to my emails. Now when I try to look up my order, the website tells me there is no record of my order. MagsForLess needs to me taken down!!!
Wi
  18th of Jun, 2007
Oct. 30 2006 ordered mags and haven't received. Can not get response from company. Can not locate phone no. for company!

A little help would really be appreciated!
Pa
  25th of Jun, 2007

MagsForLess - Have not received one of my subscriptions

I ordered Jet and Ebony Magazines. I did start receiving my jets, but have not received my Ebonys. I guess I did start receiving them in May 2007.