Low Pay Card / Scam alert. Ripping off people's bank accounts.

CA, United States Review updated:
4.65
Phone: 1-800-815-6952

This is the latest fraud scam cooked up by the same hustler/thieves that gave us the real estate debacle. Since milking that cow dry, they have moved on to direct marketing where they can insinuate themselves into your bank account and just simply remove money when they want. When you call up to cancel the service, if you're lucky enough to get a human, you will get a rude idiot who always claims to be new on the job and not sure how to cancel your account. Then you are put on hold for a "Manager" who never arrives, or if they do, their computer always goes down so they can't access your account until the problem's fixed. Or they simply hang up, leaving you with another few hours of fruitlessly trying to contact them. I would assume that the banks would do something about this scam since they are facilitating it. But obviously, as you've discovered, your bank will make it as difficult as possible to cancel their license to steal because they're so overwhelmed with victims of all these new scams that they can't cope. DON'T BECOME A VICTIM OF LOWPAYCARD. When you receive that card that tells you have have $7, 500 in credit, an amount that is immediately upped to $8, 500 as soon as they feel the fish tugging on the line, tear it up immediately and report them. Join one of the many class action lawsuits being prepared to run these scoundrels back into the gutter since law enforcement doesn't seem to have the time or motivation to actually arrest them for mail fraud. We don't have to stand by while these bottom feeders steal money from the people who can least afford it. Report them. Ask your local law enforcement agency to find a way to stop them. STEP UP. DO NOT BECOME A VICTIM OF LOW PAY CARD.

Comments

He
  25th of Apr, 2008
LPC Is NOT a scam, read your damn letter. and the company makes complete sense. people only read what they want to see.
  7th of May, 2008
By all appearances this company is a rip off, it tried to take $79.00 and then another $25.00 from my wife's checking account. I called them first they said "identity fraud" then after about the 6th phone call they said my daughter (who happens to be a minor) applied for one of their cards with an $8, 500.00 limit. Nobody here has ever heard of the company nor have charges ever been authorized. I decided to do some checking since if you call them they pass you from one person to the next then back through them again(this is assuming you take the time to wait them out to even get to talk to someone). The company is organized in Nevada. The officers are Mardan Afrasiabi, President and Tresurer with a Portland Oregon P.O. Box, Ramin Rahimi, Secretary and Director, Mr. Rahimi appears on the California corporation as "agent for service of process" and has a Los Angeles address. California lists the business address for Low Pay, Inc. as 7665 SW Cirrus Drive, Beaverton, OR 97008 with the jurisdiction being Nevada. Oregon list Mr. Afrasiabi as the Registered Agent, President and Seceretary for Low Pay, Inc. once again the jurisdiction is Nevada but the business address now listed is 8245 SW Cirrus Dr. How they are acquiring personal and bank information is unknown but there's something very strange as to the way they conduct "business". Be Warned and keep an eye on your bank account.
  10th of May, 2008
LPC IS A SCAM THEY WANT TO PLAY YOU OFF AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE TILL THEY GET YOUR MONEY HIGH CALL VOLUME CAN'T GET THROUGH ON PHONE OR E-MAIL SO THAT WAY YOU CAN'T CANCEL ONCE THEY GET YOUR $79.00 WHICH IS NON-REFUNDABLE .
  10th of May, 2008
THE DATE THIS MATTER TOOK WAS MAY 5TH THROGH MAY 8TH 2008. THERE IS A PLACE PEOPLE LIKE YOUR COMPANY IT WILL TAKE A LITTLE TIME BUT YOU WILL BE GONE. BECAUSE THERE IS A GOD THAT DON'T LIKE PEOPLE'S THAT USES OTHER PEOPLE'S TO GET WHAT THEY WANT.
Co
  14th of May, 2008
if its not a scam i just bought a 26 inch hd tv for a dollar off their online cataloge! haha ### my life i shoulda known it was too good to be true
  22nd of May, 2008
My 61yr old mom was bit by this scam. She fell for the email and recieved the card but decided not to activate it after i warned her and called to cancel it . Well what happens ...they take over $100 out of her checking account, put her overdraft. Then tell her they wont refund her money because she didnt activate the card. What a rip off. Will be contacting local news for help.
Ma
  23rd of May, 2008
I GOT A CARD IN THE MAIL SFTER SEEING THE COMPLAINTS I CUT THE CARD AND SHREDED THE WHOLE LETTER.
Na
  27th of May, 2008
LPC is a scam. They ask you for a checking account number and routing number. These people want to take money out of your account. They are not registered with the better business bureau.
Ra
  7th of Jul, 2008
I was in the hospital when they sent this junk in my mailbox and my husband gave them information to my checking acct. I do not wish to order anything from yourcatalog and I stromgly suggest that if you have taken any monies out of my acct, it be returned immediately. Not only is this fraudelent it is against the law. Put mymoney back into my acct or I will have my attorneys to see that it's done. I have records of my hospital stay which is proof enough that I did not join your so called membership.

Sincerely,

Ramona Collins-Washington
Al
  5th of Aug, 2008
LPC is totally scammers and the person they says its not is one that works for them. They took me for a big old ride. When i received the card it says you are approved for $7500 and then after they asked if i had a checking account they up me to $8500 and then FLETCHER said he was only using my account to verify that i had good credit. Wow my sister told me honey that dont sound right no one ever suppose to ask for your account if you are approve then. After reading internet message about them being scammers i tried to call an cancel guess what i could not get in contact with them until 6:00 p.m. when i finally told the lady on the phone i wanted to cancel she said you do know their is $79 that will be taken out of your account Friday i said no its not she said yes she said they said it on the phone i said no you didnt run the phone conversation back for me and i was hostile hollowing she was saying mam its in the letter i said you didnt send me a letter mam we did i said you didnt you guys are scammers she got mad when she couldnt respond and hung up the phone PEOPLE LISTEN BE AWARE OF THE SCAM THESE FRAUDS ARE RUNNING CONTACT THE BBB AND TELL THEM ABOUT THESE PEOPLE THEY ARE TAKING THE MONEY WE WORK HARD FOR AND USING US AND ITS HURTFUL THEY NEED TO BE STOP TODAY LETS STOP THEM AND SEND THESE CROOKS TO JAIL TODAY...
Jo
  7th of Aug, 2008
After reading the complaints and warnings, I gladly decided to cut up the card sent to me, guaranteeing a pre-approved $7, 500 credit limit. Mama told me, "Btter to learn from someone whose already been to the school of hard knocks than pay the costly tuition for yourself." Thanks for the scholarship complaintants!!!
Je
  29th of Aug, 2008
I agree with all of you. I didn't activate the card. I believe I got it in the mail. I saw a credit card and I cut it up and threw it away but now all of a sudden they are taking money out of my account. Is there anything we can do to stop this?!
Vi
  2nd of Sep, 2008
LPC it a freaking scam!!! we were so stupid to believe them!!!
they took over 300 dollars out of our account!
DON'T TRUST THEM!!!
Sa
  13th of Sep, 2008
All
Its truly sad to hear the stories of people who have fallen to this Scam. I got this card in my mail today and I tried calling up the customer service to y cancel the card, however, it said that before I even speak to the customer service, I need to activate the card, which I didnt. Having read the scams on this site and few others, I called up my bank and notified them to keep a watch on any suspicious activities. What I am unsure about is that even without applying or giving away any of the bank information, how can these guys pull out money from your account..this still surprises me.

Anyways, the best thing is to have the bank notified about this so that they can keep a watch.

In case they try stealing money from them, i am gonna have them sued.
Mi
  12th of Oct, 2008
They try to corner you and make you agree to an investigation status that will prevent them or anyone from talking about your case including YOU!

They state that they can only then talk to local police etc. etc.. All BS since this would not be your local police investigation.

Don't agree to anything involving "placing your account on..." when you complain directly to them simple get as many facts as you can and then contact you State's Attorney General's office.

Li
  3rd of Nov, 2008
yes i know that in the last 3 weeks they have hit our account 4 times for 3 different amounts.99.00 139.95 79.95 & again for 99.00. i would just like to know how they get our banking info. i am trying to reach them but to no success.they keep saying it is in my husbsnds name and they cannot talk to me but he told them it was ok and they still wouldn't.we need to stop this crap somehow money is to tight now a days.
Na
  24th of Nov, 2008
People, LPC has taken me for all I am worth. The charged me for a 79.95, 139.95, and only god knows what comes next. I am trying to get my bank to help me but no luck. Friday is the day after thanksgiving sales and I am looking forward in buying gifts for my son and wife, but this company has milked me dry. They always hang up on you, they are rude as all hell, and they will not refund my money. I did make the mistake in being curious, but when finding out that they are not a credit card, but actully a cateloug company, it made me sick. I am lost and scard that I can lose my car, my family. I need some ones help to get these peopla off my back and get my money back. If any one knows what I can do please help...
Co
  3rd of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
The whole company r ###in ###s
Bi
  18th of Aug, 2009
I just got this letter in the mail too. People need to read stuff before just signing... and activating. It looks like you curious people just saw the $7, 500 and went completely dumb. It's a lot of money... yeah, but it states it very clearly that you can only by from their catalogue. It also states in the back that upon your approval, they'll apply a $75 non-refundable fee. People, please READ before signing... and those of you whose spouse gave the bank account number away... please, get mad at your spouse (first of all). He/She shouldn't be giving out your information (even if it's some kind of combined account) away without your approval.

One thing I don't approve of is the deliberate withdrawal from a bank account without prior approval of the account holder. If you truly did not sign anything declaring you agree to the withdrawal of a certain amount from your bank account at a certain date, then you should talk to people at your bank so that it can be cleared up... and you will most likely have to cancel that account and open a new one. Pretty troublesome, but that's the way things go.
Ro
  3rd of Sep, 2009
Perhaps these people should read before they buy. They offer a service that is good for the right person. Also, there is no interest. It's a no interest loan!