Local Ad Link / Scam and lies

This company is an amazing Scam and work of art. Their ads are lame and too expensive. You get Zip codes while pay per click does it cheaper by state or city instead of zip codes.

I honestly don't know how people fall into this stupid business. The ads are expensive, you are better off with Pay per click ads, craigslist, backpage, etc. I get more business from craigslist which is free instead of paying Local Ad Link $200 bucks where my ads didn't even show up.

I joined the business and it was not what i expected. My money is gone and cant get it back. For those of you looking to join this business beware of this 'SCAM.' Do not join. Do not get involved in it at all, you will waste your money on this home business. I thought that this was a legitimate home business and its a pure 'SCAM.

They tell you that you will get local ad links company stocks to get you into the business.

Beware people, 'BEWARE.'

Ju

Comments

• St
      12th of Apr, 2009

Local Ad Link is a blatant scam. Many forums and blogs have exposed this blatant fraud.

Local Ad Link Better Business Bureau Rating is an “F” - the worst rating possible. Please confirm this with the link as follows:

Here are real stories from Local Ad Link victims:

/URL removed/#400462

21st of Jun, 2009

The reality is that if you use pay per click you are getting ripped off far worse that anything local adlink could do. Compare the cost of your ad now 250.00 to the pay per click. I had a pay per click program and it was costing me 700-1000 per month. That would give me approx 15-20 clicks to my website per day. Local Adlink tracks all views and as a result you will find the views are much higher each month for a lot less money. Most of the people who are complaining so loudly are not local businesses but rather are ones who joined the MLM portion of the program. And when the mystical sales did not fall right into their hands, they immediately blame the company. Sales are not easy, and I make a great living selling ads. I could care less about the MLM portion, as that is not for me. But I actively go out and sell the advertising and have not had one customer complain yet as to the results. I have been down the road of pay per click and believe me many of the clicks you are paying 2 or 3 dollars for are your competitors just running up your bill. There is no magic formula for success it takes hard work and dedication. I have found local adlink to be a great way for me to make money in this downturned economy.

24th of Jun, 2009

I totally agreed with Localseo. I am a web designer and do a lot of SEO for small companies. What LocalAdLink offers are far more cost effective and really helps small business. Those who complained because their MLM business did not make them rich overnight has no idea about business, hard work and internet marketing. Too many people in this world just thinking of spending few hundred dollars and hope to make millions overnight and lazy to do anything. These are failures and could never achieve anything in theri life and all they do make complains to destroy good business.

24th of Jun, 2009

Localseo wrote
    > Compare the cost of your ad now 250.00 to the pay per click. I had a pay per click program and it was costing me 700-1000 per month. That would give me approx 15-20 clicks to my website per day.

You will never ever receive 15-20 clicks per day from LocalAdLink. The site does not have the traffic. Its claim of "millions of visitors a day" is complete baloney. It actually has under 500, 000 visits each month. Compete estimates 409, 368 visits in May 2009. See

As there are something like 45, 000 Brand Builders and each has at least one ad, that leaves less than 10 visits each month per ad, and that is overly generous. When you consider the many times advertisers check their listings, there is hardly any traffic from anyone not associated with LocalAdlInk. No one not involved in LocalAdLink or approached by a Brand Builder has ever heard of LocalAdLink.

Also consider that LocalAdLink lists 14 million businesses. That means each business would average one visitor every 34 months.

I was able to get a Brand Builder to show me traffic from LocalAdLink. It generated 4 visits total. That's it.

So Google AdWords generating 450 to 600 clicks each month for 700-1000 is quite economical compared to the pitiful traffic that LocalAdLink generates.

For more, see

If you don't believe this search engine marketing professional with 11 years of experience, see what many others have to say

25th of Jun, 2009

LocalSEo, you have totally missed the LocalAdLink business model. You are too used to the in Box thinking of Google AdWords instead of LocalAdLink serving the Local business Ads to all its partner traffic sites including social networking sites and Geo-Targeted. You have to think outside the box to see the big picture. When I first looked at LocaAdLink, I was thinking what you are thinking because I have been working on SEO stuff since 1997. When I was presented the business model and looked at the Local Ads being served in so many other high traffic sites that I realized it is brilliant and know that it is a complimentary product to Google AdWords, plus many other benefits. I have talked to local business in my area who told me they get good results from LocalAdLink. http://siteanalytics.compete.com/localadlink.com/ is NOT you should look at. Whether you like it or not, LocalAdLink will become the largest Online Business Directory in the World and no business can afford not to have a present on it. By the way, Advertiser only have to pay $100 per month to target 10 Zip codes. If you really want to know more, I can arrange an Webinar to show how it works in real life and the detail reporting. I believe all the professional SEO point of view is correct whn compared LocaAdLink with Google Search, but just like me, all have missed the big picture. LocalAdLink has nothing to do with Google Adwords and PPC, it is a totally paradigm shift in driving traffic to local business. It takes a bit more thinking to understand. goto http://KCLocalAdlink.com and Click on Business Model and then Click on Step 1. One Word. Then listen to what the Former CEO of Sam's Club said about the LocalAdLink company. http://web.me.com/lebro/LAL_PS/Ron_Loveless.html

25th of Jun, 2009

Actually if you read all the comments above you will see I agree completely with your analysis. It is another person who is trying to sow seeds of doubt. I personally have looked at the model and I have made some decent money selling ads. I am a brand builder in name but that to me is a short term model that would be hard to maintain a high level of income. Selling ads however is relatively easy. My close rate is quite high and my customers to date are quite happy with the results.

25th of Jun, 2009

Localseo, Sorry, I did not see that is is Larry Stopa who did not understand the LocalAdLink concept. Larry, and all those who has doubt should oto http://KCLocalAdlink.com and Click on Business Model and then Click on Step 1. One Word. Then listen to what the Former CEO of Sam's Club said about the LocalAdLink company. http://web.me.com/lebro/LAL_PS/Ron_Loveless.html. I definitely think SEO professionals still place an important role in Organic Search. Combining SEO and LocalAdLink could be a much more powerful model. To ALL the SEO Professionals who has doubt, please goto http://kcLocalAdLink.com and contact me for details.

fishingchia wrote:
    > When I was presented the business model and looked at the Local Ads being served in so many other high traffic sites that I realized it is brilliant

What is "brilliant" is the con job by LocalAdLink making the fraudulent claim that it partners with "other high traffic sites." LocalAdLink has no special relationship with any of the high traffic sites it claims to partner with. The only way LocalAdLink ads appear on those sites is through the Google AdWords Content Network. LocalAdLink uses Google AdWords. These are the Google ads you see on many sites on the Web. You will not find LocalAdLink ads anywhere except on Google AdWords or on Web sites owned by Beyond Commerce, the parent company of LocalAdLink.

Keep in mind that you may not see LocalAdLink ads on Google AdWords because LocalAdLink does not budget enough money for its advertisers' ads. A common LocalAdLink advertiser complaint is that they cannot find their ads. Or if they see an ad, it does not appear regularly and soon stops appearing.

LocalAdLink makes many fraudulent claims. I urge anyone considering LocalAdLink to research the many who have found LocalAdLink to not deliver much traffic at all. There are dozens of posts on the Web that you can find. The links I provided earlier are only a small part of the number of LocalAdLink advertisers who discovered LocalAdLink's claims are not truthful.

If LocalAdLink really has these partner relationships, then show the evidence. Search marketing should be transparent.

Repeating false claims in a LocalAdLink presentation is not evidence. fishingchia's link redirects to LocalAdLink. fishingchia - What is the name of your SEO business?

I do understand the LocalAdLink concept.
    - Scam
    - Con
    - Fraud
    - False Advertising

That is why I am warning people.

400, 000 visitors a month does not translate into "millions of visitors a day" as LocalAdLink falsely claims. That was the red flag that motivated me to warn the uneducated about LocalAdLink.

I posted here when I saw a LocalAdLink Brand Builder claim LocalAdLink would generate more than "15-20 clicks to my website per day" along with the false claim that "the (LocalAdLink) views are much higher each month for a lot less money." I cannot let a fraudulent claim stand without rebuttal. LocalAdLink generates little traffic for the money. See "CPC is Astronomical - 4 - 5 Times Higher Than Google Adwords" the last post on

26th of Jun, 2009

In this world there are innovators, and there are complainers that look at everything in this world in a negative way. Most of these people has achieved nothing in life and contribute nothing to the society. Please note that we are not perfect and not all business get started with perfection and those few who then focus on imperfection to make noise to satisfy their own ego and self centered satisfaction. If you look around, no matter how good you are, there are always people who just want to use the word "scam" on a real legitimate business and ignore thousands who benefits the LocalAdlink technology. People like Larry Stopa even think that he knows everything about the Beyond Commerce system. Another know it all that like to make noise. May be Larry should compare his achievement to the founder of Beyond Commerce before making noises. A very popular trend today is this kind of people use this "scam writing tactic" to cause click through traffic to their site. I am wasting time on these types "useless fool" on forum. I am going to spend more productive time to help a lof of my customers to do more business. If you are a local small business, you can either listen to those these "professional Scam writing useless person" or let the LocalAdLink Sales person helping you to increase traffic to your business. That is a saying. You either Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way. Look at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w51vFtW8MhE&feature=related

Also, hear what the Former CEO of Sam's Club said about the LocalAdLink company. http://web.me.com/lebro/LAL_PS/Ron_Loveless.html

I think I trust the Former CEO of Sam's Club that a complainer.

fishingchia wrote:
    > If you look around, no matter how good you are, there are always people who just want to use the word "scam" on a real legitimate business and ignore thousands who benefits the LocalAdlink technology.

Please provide evidence that support LocalAdLink's claim that a LocalAdLink advertiser will "be seen by millions of people a day." As LocalAdLink has only about 400, 000 visitors a month, the math does not support the claim.

fishingchia wrote:
    > May be Larry should compare his achievement to the founder of Beyond Commerce before making noises.

I established a successful search marketing company and make a comfortable living.

I cannot claim to have achieved some of the things that Robert McNulty, founder of Beyond Commerce.

I have never run a business that went bankrupt. The Securities and Exchange Commission has never ruled that I defrauded investors.

See
    And Now the Big Bankruptcy - Company Financial Information
    Industry Standard, The, Sept 18, 2000

Despite the surprise now expressed by McNulty's partners, his past raises red flags that might have led his supporters to proceed with caution. Three companies he started in the 1980s -- All-American SportsClub, Auto Giant and Auto Depot -- went bankrupt. Then, in 1994, the Securities and Exchange Commission ruled that McNulty defrauded investors by using the proceeds of securities offerings from three companies he headed to finance the operations of affiliated companies.

But I digress.

The bottom-line is that LocalAdLink makes claims that advertisers will have ads that are seen by "millions of people a day." Post evidence that this is true. Search marketing is transparent. Other experienced search marketers besides myself conclude that this is a fraudulent claim by LocalAdLink.

And for transparency's sake. What is your involvement with LocalAdLink?

26th of Jun, 2009

After reading the latest rant from Larry it is obvious he has an ax to grind. And since he dug out the bankruptcy article, I would venture a guess that has something to do with his rant. Just tell the truth Larry. You didn't do this so called checking because you were interested in the company nor did you consider it at any time. What you did do was let your hate overtake you and so you searched and searched until you found one snippet of millions being able to view your ad and you hung your hat on that.

First of very flimsy indeed, there is no way you can prove that statement true or false, because with all the partner sites they work with, you do not know how many times a day a local adlink ad is being displayed. The actual localadlink.com site is not the only source for an ad to be viewed. And they do run ads on hundreds, probably even thousands of web sites daily.

No Larry, we see through your sad little attempt to discredit Mr McNulty. Tell the truth Larry, this has little or nothing to do with Local Adlink, and everything to do with your hate for Mr McNulty. In the humble words of many go piss up a rope.

Localseo wrote:
    > Tell the truth Larry, this has little or nothing to do with Local Adlink, and everything to do with your hate for Mr McNulty.

I actually have no feelings about McNulty. It is easy to find plenty of dirt about McNulty on the Web.

Discussing McNulty pulls away from why I am posting about LocalAdLink. I post because LocalAdLink makes fraudulent claims that lure the uneducated to spend money and receive little in return.

Localseo wrote:
    > First of very flimsy indeed, there is no way you can prove that statement true or false, because with all the partner sites they work with, you do not know how many times a day a local adlink ad is being displayed. The actual localadlink.com site is not the only source for an ad to be viewed.

You can show examples of LocalAdLink ads. I have found some LocalAdLink ads. They show the links going to LocalAdLink. Consequently, before someone has any information about a LocalAdLink advertiser, they need to go to LocalAdLink.com. That is why LocalAdLink advertisers pages cannot be seen more often than the traffic to LocalAdLink.com.

Remember, LocalAdLink claims "It comes to $49, $99 or $199 a month to be seen by millions of people a day." The evidence shows that is not true.

Searches that I made in May resulted in LocaAdLink ads occasionally appearing. Today the ads are not showing up at all. Does that mean those advertisers stopped using LocalAdLink? Or does it mean LocalAdLink stopped paying Google AdWords to display the ads?

Localseo wrote:
    > And they do run ads on hundreds, probably even thousands of web sites daily.

This is another questionable claim by LocalAdLink.

LocalAdLink claims, "We are pro-actively pushing your listing out through our partner websites. Your listing can be seen on some at the most popular websites, search engines, and social networks in America. Some of these include Google, Yahoo, MSN, AOL, Ask.com, Earthlink, YouTube, GMAIL, About.com, Napster, PGA.com, Redbook, Hollywood.com, Monster.com, MySpace, Linkedln, Friendster, Bebo, Hi5, Orkut, MiGente and B00Mj."

There is no evidence that these partnerships are anything more than LocalAdLink using the Google AdWords Content Network. This is an advertising network where Web sites display Google AdWords ads and share ad revenue with Google. That is really a stretch for LocalAdLink to claim they are "partners."

Please provide evidence that LocalAdLink is a real "partner" with the many Web sites that LocalAdLink claims as "partners." Where are the agreements? Show us.

And for transparency's sake. What is your involvement with LocalAdLink?

26th of Jun, 2009

Larry give it up. No one takes this much time unless they have an ax to grind. You obviously need some mental help. You can ramble on all day long but the bottom line is the company is legit. They are listed on the stock market, they are publicly traded. They are not going away anytime soon. The business model is a good one and you my friend need to seek some help or at least stop wasting peoples time with your long rambling diatribes. I have nothing further to comment on here because at this point all you have shown is sour grapes. You ramble, you ask for proof when you know that proof will not come from the sales people out in the field who are responding to you. All I can say is I make a decent living selling ads and my customers have seen increased traffic and they are happy. Otherwise they would cancel rather than continue. And I have paid big google adwords bills myself so I do know what I am talking about. Is it perfect? No, but nothing is in life. Does it provide a real value for the customer? Yes. Will it fail or be successful? Who knows but what I am selling is legit despite your wild rantings.

I often wonder about people like you who sit behind a monitor and think they have the ability to destroy people with their words. Anyone reading this will quickly figure out your motivation is to destroy or have as many people as you can get not use the services. And that you are way too motivated to be just a casual bystander. No Lary you have some real issues but they seem to be mental issues and not legitimate issues.

Localseo,

Since you choose to insult me with charges that are as fraudulent as LocalAdLink's claims, you are demonstrating that you cannot provide evidence that LocalAdLink generates the Web visibility that LocalAdLink claims. If its claims are true, you could provide evidence.

If LocalAdLink makes it advertisers happy, then why have so many former advertisers posted to the Web their testimony that LocalAdLink did not perform for them?

Why do various local Better Business Bureaus rate LocalAdLink as an F because of multiple consumer complaints?

Why do so many LocalAdLink customers want their money back?

Why did LocalAdLink's credit card processors withhold money from Beyond Commerce? As Beyond Commerce's 10Q report stated, "However, at the end of February with the spike in the volume of weekly credit card revenues generated, certain credit card processing companies without notice to the Company, put a hold on all of the cash being remitted to Beyond Commerce's LocalAdLink subsidiary. This hold was initiated under the rationale of 'potential business risk.'"

Insult me all you want. The evidence is overwhelming that LocalAdLink is a bad product that costs advertisers a lot of money for little in return.

11th of Jul, 2009

Larry I understand your frustration of how certain aspects of the Localadlink system works, but the one question I have for you is what is your real problem ? Did you actually join and not make any money ? Or did you advertise with them and not see the results you expected. Usually when someone is so vocal in opposing something or for that matter in favor of it blindly it is a sign they have personal issues that transcend objective and/or constructive criticism of an opportunity. So just as I realize that the others who are defending the Localadlink model blindly have an interest in "protecting" the business they have joined, I also realize that your negative attitude towards it is due to your own personal failures with it whether those are real or imagined. I would like to know your involvement with the company before I form my own opinions about it. And just for the record I joined them a couple of months ago as a rep--but unpaid just the free type so I could check out the business and see if it works for me as well as my customers. I figured that if it works well and I learn the ropes then I can share it with those who are looking for a legitimate opportunity and teach them how to do the business rather than just recruit and hope they figure it out on thier own. Any opportunity that rewards for recruiting and does not require any sales or business participation personally is in fact a "scam' and should be avoided at all costs. I am still learning the business so I am not nearly as well versed at exactly how it works and as I do learn about it I will be back to weigh in on the subject. In the meantime I am sure there are many other readers out there that want to know what the connection is for you Larry so they know just how much credibility to give you.

18th of Jul, 2009

John Z,

My motivation is doing the right thing to warn people about LocalAdLink. When I saw the deceptive messages from fishingchia and localseo, I had to to respond.

I am a search marketing professional. A client asked me to look into it. I quickly recognized that LocalAdLInk makes fraudulent claims about traffic and partnering with top Web sites. As I have the knowledge to recognize the scam, I feel I have an obligation to warn people.

I never joined LocalAdLink. I never gave them money. I am simply trying to warn people about this rip off.

Read more at

Larry

• Ti
      25th of Jul, 2009

At one time I was a Brand Builder and a staunch defender of the Local Ad Link business opportunity. One day I checked the local businesses in my area that were paying for advertising on the LAL network. I was completely blown away to find these paying customers absolutely 'buried' in the major search engines!!! This process was repeated several times on different days, with the same dismal results. As an outside sales professional this opportunity seemed like an absolute dream come true. Upon realization that at least for my geographic area, the product was relatively worthless and if I continued to 'sell' it would constitutionally qualify as a 'thief' and not a 'Brand Builder', I was one thousand miles and running and gaining speed. I truly hope that Local Ad Link is capable of straightening up and 'flying right'. If you are currently selling Local Ad Link please check to see if your geographic area provides an ethical and moral product that you would feel confident in selling to a friend or family member. Remember to do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Thou shall not steal is not merely a 'suggestion' but one of God's Commandments.