Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club

Posted:

Timeshare Scam

Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club
Essex Junction, Vermont
At the time of purchase it was repeated to me (and my girlfriend who was with me) many times that I could get a full refund for the LHVC Gold Package for any reason within the first 12 months. Since the 3 times that I tried to book a vacation for a friend, for work and for myself were either too late in the response, not the size unit (a 3-bedroom villa, which I did not need as it was more expensive than the hotel), or no response at all to this date, I decided to request a refund. They had suggested I have a friend or family member put up a website to rent as many weeks as I could right when I returned home to try to recoup my expense. If I couldn't get my first few requests, how could I make money with a website?

Of course they have it all figured out. There was a fine print clause saying that I agreed that there was nothing else presented than what was in the written contract. The sales representative did a great job explaining everything in a manner that made me feel comfortable in the fact that I had nothing to lose. Of course I repeated my understanding many times and was reassured by him, as well as a customer representative the next day, or I wouldn't have gone through with it.

Would everyone like to get together and go after RCI, who owns LHVC? Together maybe we could get somewhere.
Complaint comments Comments (16)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Timeshares / Vacation Rentals

Comments

N  20th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes

N  20th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
I heard some time ago RCI was sued for renting out exchange property rather than use them for Member exchange, which accounted for my inability to exchange our Gold Crown sleeps 8, 2 bdrm, 2 bath for a lousy sleep 4, one bedroom. Good Luck.
A  27th of Oct, 2008 by    +1 Votes
LHVC is a complete rip-off. I am sick of LHVC's lies and propaganda. I have tried and failed to book through sister resorts on multiple occasions. Now, I cannot even book what I am contracted for during the off-season at their own resort! I am contracted for a 4-br villa, yet they want me and my four guests to pay for two 3-br villas instead. They tell me not to worry and that they can "upgrade" me when I arrive, and simply keep the other paid villa as a credit. I doubt that this would happen. What a scam!
D  27th of Mar, 2009 by    -1 Votes
I have been a member of Lifestyle Holidays for 5 years and each year it gets better and better. I go down there at least twice a year. I have never had reason to complain and would even like to mention that each year they give me an additional benefit to enjoy with my membership. When I first because a member they didn’t have the VIP beach, VIP World nor the Gourmet nor the heli or the Limo, but as they have been adding them on I get to enjoy them. They have big plans for the future and I know that I will get to enjoy these too. Dont try and ruin this for us, the complaints are from people that want more than what they deserve. They buy a small package for a few weeks but they expect to be able to have all the top benefits, what’s up with that????? I paid for a Villa package because I want to be able to have the Villas I didn’t buy a Junior Suite package and expect to take a Villa away from a member that bought Villas. It doesn’t make any sense to me. You guys are not victims you just want something for nothing, this isn’t how the world is, this is just how we got ourselves into a worldwide financial mess. Stop your whining. I read all this stuff and would really like the world to know that there are many many of us that are so happy with this membership and have been for years now. Since people only write to complain I just wish that the REAL members would see this and write the truth, but I guess they are busy ENJOYING life.
N  28th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
Wow, my wife and i are having the same problem trying to book vacation four months in advance, all they are saying sister resort have nothing available. I would like toi know who are there sister resorts? right now it has been a week nobody has sent a letter message or nothing in response. we bought in to 25 weeks..i really would like some advise..

sean
N  20th of Nov, 2009 by    -1 Votes
We have been members since Lifestyles first set up and we have spent many great holidays there. We have a basic weeks package in a Junior Suite and that is all we need. The resort gets better every time we go, and if I have a moan it is that so many platinum members are selling packages in the larger villas (6 - 7 bedrooms) that the resort is now crowded and these "guests" are able to use facilities that should be available only to members who have paid for them. We are still pestered by the reps, but they know us by now and understand that we know the resort and sales pitch as well as they do. They soon leave us alone. Just remember that if you were asked to hand over a large sum of money to invest at home, you would want to know a lot more about the company taking your money. I would never be tempted to commit more than I could afford to lose.
A  14th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
I am disgusted to see how LHVCC could get away with literally stealing from so many people. I am the most current victim. My mom and I bought on Christmas Day 2010. I was there visiting with my mother and my kids. My mom is an RCI member so the representatives immediately targeted her. Our representatives name was Sammy Sosa I'll never forget his name. He promised us a two bedroom suite for $199.00 per week and all tours including Ocean World for free. Unfortunately, I had a dolphin encounter presentation I had to attend with my children so I had to leave. My mom stayed to go over the contract. She truly trusted the representative and signed. Once arriving back home to Miami she notices the print out shows a Jr. Suite not a 2 bedroom. We were told that we were buying a two bedroom. As I'm reading other complaints I see that it was done to someone else. At this point I have contacted my attorney. I'm not sure if anything could be done but I will definately fight this all the way. My mom is contacting RCI and I am willing to get together with others to see what can be done.
A  15th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
Well it is nice to know that we weren't the only ones with tons of troubles. We also tried to refund our package before 12months due to not being able to resell our package and not being able to book what was stated. There has to be a way for all us use to get some money back. It is disgusting how many people were taken advantage of!!!
N  21st of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
I originally read reviews of this place on www.redbook.com and thought it sounded great. I got excited about going. Then I Googled and was alarmed at some of the stories. It should be a warning sign that most of the reviews are either very good or very bad -- little in between. That leads me to suspect the very bad reviews are the honest ones, and the very good reviews are from people associated with the scam/resort who are writing total fiction to counter the honest reviews. Remember, when it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!!!
A  1st of Oct, 2010 by    0 Votes
Here's a new twist. They drugged my father. My dad is a cheap SOB. He chewed me out for being an idiod what I purchased a timeshare with Hilton Grand Vacation Club for $16, 000. He's been to 4 presentation in the states and laughs when he gets his free gifts and says no to the sales rep.

However this time he's given a couple glasses of beer and in a couple hours he hasn't a care in the world. Where he first stated he wouldn't purchase unless he checked with his son (me) to see if I was interested since he'd never be able to use the resort enough to make the high price resonable. The sales rep called me on his cell but when I called back 15 min later he refused to allow me to talk to him. Guess the drugs were kicking in by now. Here's a man who gladly pays $3 to sleep in a hovel when traveling in Mexico but will shell out $25, 550 on a credit card for a membership? He also exhibited unusual behavoir when he allowed a total stranger to play with his retired sheriff badge. Plus his memory of the even was "like a dream". He went to bed that night and within 2 hours woke up in a sweat and tried to cancel his cards and block the payments but every single call he made was dropped or he could hear the other person but they couldn't hear him. One time I was talking to him and started to give him the number to the US Embassy on the island and the call was dropped after I gave the area code.

I know some people would say he was drunk, but two beers by a 250 lb man who's a cheap SOB to boot would not be that affected.
N  30th of Nov, 2010 by    0 Votes
Lifestyle have victimized a lot of people by cheating. Try to get a lawyer to help you. Below is one if you need:BALESTRIERE FARIELLO
225 Broadway Suite 2900
New York, NY 10007
Main +1-212-374-5400, Facsimile +1-212-208-2613
laura.sayler@balestriere.net
www.balestriere.net
N  26th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
Can someone give me some up-to-date information Lifestyle as I was just about to bank 2 weeks with RCI. After emailing them and attempting to access their website without success I decided to Google info and found this site. Please reply with any helpful info as I dont want to send them any money just in case. or email washingtoncvh@googlemail.com
N  9th of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes
I agree.
Anybody who wants to go after them please contact me vrmss@mail.ru
N  4th of Dec, 2017 by    0 Votes
@vovchik I have already paid $10, 500 dollars and they supposedly bought both of my timeshares from me, now they are expecting me to pay my 2018 maintenance fees on both timeshares and pay a $749.00 transfer fee on each timeshare? OMG they are just raping me. I need HELP getting out of this eternal drain...
A  7th of Jan, 2013 by    0 Votes
Has anyone one made progress? Looking for help...
N  27th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
They scammed us! If anyone knows of any way to get out of this crap please contact me! I just want out even if I don't recoup any of my money! Please contact me at tcmann84@gmail.com

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree