Life Insurance / reinstatement

1 Mercer Island, WA, United States

have been paying life insurance premium for me and my husband since 1991. In early 2007, I noticed that my premiums had decreased from my bank account since I pay my premiums thru bank deduction. When I called Farmers, they told me that they have mailed a notification to my husband stating that his premium had increased and to add more money in the bank to cover the premium. I told them that we never received the letter and it would not have been a problem adding more money because it was not significant. Farmers stated that they mailed it to the address we have on file but it got returned to them. I told Farmers that we have been receiving letters in our home and I didn't understand how it got returned to them. Nevertheless, they should have done due diligence more and called the insurance agent they assigned the policy to. since my original agent resigned from Farmers -we were not assigned to a new agent. I have been dealing with this agent for a while so they should have told the agent to get hold of me.

As a result, they canceled my husband's policy. So we tried to reinstate it but since my husband is retired in the Philippines, he needs to do a blood test and urine test here and he is not here so we cannot reinstate the policy. That really SUCKS!

Ne