[Resolved] Legacy Inmate Communications / collect call/ overcharged

1 Cypress, CA, United States

My son made two collect phone calls to me on 10/12/2017 that lasted no more than 5 minutes each. The first call I was charged $29.08 and the second call I was charged $39.70.
I was shocked! I have sent correspondence to Legacy requesting a partial refund due to the fact that they never informed about their rates and this is obviously crooked.
This company needs to be STOPPED !

• Resolution statement

• October 14, 2017

Dear Sir or Madam:

Enclosed herein, please find our response to Ms. Keeter’s complaint filed with your office, in which the complainant asserts dissatisfaction incurred from two Operator Assisted Calls.

Unfortunately, we were unable to locate the charges in question since no Billing Information was disclosed in the documentation sent by the consumer. Our office would like to make contact with Ms. Keeter, However we have no E-Mail nor Phone number to contact the customer with. If possible, please have Ms. Keeter contact our office so that we may address her concerns. If may have any additional questions, please feel free to give me a call at 800-577-5534.

Sincerely,