Large Art Company / Rip off

1 United States

A warning to bronze art and sculpture buyers:

I placed an order with Large Art Company in November 2007 for a small sculpture of a child playing. The following was a string of lies and an attempted RIP OFF!

LIE # 1 I was told that my piece would be delivered in 4-6 weeks in time for a wedding gift to my sister.

LIE # 2 it was in stock

LIE # 3 the owner, Richard Rist, also claimed that he was the foundry that produced the design

After the tracking number did not arrive at the end of the 6th week. I called and spoke to the owner again, Richard Rist, and he said that no such promises were made about delivery. I reminded him that I had spoken to him 6 weeks before and that he told me the piece was in stock. He claimed he had no recollection of speaking with me and assured me that no promise would have been made. I insisted that I had in fact spoken with him and then challenged him that if I had not spoken to him, then who else would have taken my order? He gave no explanation, and said the piece was back ordered with his supplier in China. I then challenged him that he himself had told me he was the foundry. He called me a liar and hung up!

For the last 6 months, I have attempted to call back several times, and mail the company LARGE ART, a certified letter demanding a refund, which was returned. I have still not received the art I purchased for a wedding gift 6 months ago. I have since filed a complaint with the BBB, and my States Attorneys Generals Office, who is investigating the matter.

Do not do business with this company; they will say whatever it takes to get your money, then SCREW You!

Ja