Landau Jewelry / NOT so golden ring

Chicago Ohare, IL, United States Review updated:

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. I purchased a ring from them at a supposed clearance price. Paid them 1100.00 for a ring that was sold to me as GOLD. I specifically asked her what the metal was. My husband and I both kept talking with the sales lady that with the price of gold per ounce, we could hardly go wrong. She kept telling us what a great deal it was to buy gold at that price, it seemed like a good buy at a clearance price. She wrote the ticket/rcpt up that it was a 14k gold ring...got home and after wearing it a few times I noticed that it was getting severely dinged and damaged right away. I closely inspected it and found with a magnifying glass that it was marked 925 14k. which means that it is sterling silver and only coated with white gold. I can also say that the coating is very thin as it wore off immediately. NEVER did the word silver or sterling come up while I was buying it. I am going to contact the corporate office but have my doubts that I will get anywhere. PLEASE DO NOT BUY FROM THEM> THEY ARE SCAMMERS.

Comments

• Bo
      2nd of May, 2013

We just bought a ring from the Harrahs Reno location and spoke with the sales associate about the fact that I can not wear silver as I have a reaction to it. Took ring to jeweler to have it sized and was told that it is actually silver and not white gold. After several calls, they offered to special order a white gold ring for the additional cost of over $600.00! Why would I pay additional money for an item that I had already purchased. I have filed a complaint with my CC company and am hoping to get somewhere with that. They repeated the no returns policy and informed me that their sales person would have never told us that it was gold as all the items are silver. We had already turned down 3 other pieces since I couldn't wear silver. In no way would I ever purchase anything from this company again! They are scammers. The ring we purchased was over $900 and that was after 75% off.

• Tr
      30th of Aug, 2013

Horrible company. Had a problem with a ring, their "FREE LIFETIME WARRANTY" costs money. Customer service is terrible at home office. Stay away