La-Z-Boy / bad customer service!

1 5300 Virginia Beach Blv. 23462Norfolk, VA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 757-490-6057

I spent $4372.00 for 2 recliner couches and one swivel recliner chair. The fabric looks like it is 3 years old and I have had this furniture less then 9 months. I started complaining 4 months ago. The tech. came out with a digital camera and took pictures that did not show the wear on the fabric. After I got word from the company that they would not repair the fabric but would repair the swivel base of the chair that was making so much noise we could not hear the TV, I had professional pictures taken. I gave the disk to the tech on his second visit. To date all I have heard is that the complaint has moved up the line and is now in the fabric department for evaluation. I went on the web and typed in "laz boy complaints" and was horrified at this company's reaction to complaints. I know they are not going to resolve this in a satisfactory manor so I am going to start proceedings for small claims court. I want to have all the paper work in place when they render their decision.

Barbara.

Comments

23rd of Jun, 2009

Lazboy warranty is good only on the paper. Neve never ever buy from Lazboy- their quality and warranty both suck.

• Uu
      3rd of May, 2011

I'm glad to hear this. I thought their quality would be great and my husband and I were ready to buys a sectional leather sofa. The problem is that we spent 45 minutes in the store, were passed around to 3 different sales people who all pretty much ignored us. We were customers ready to buy and we couldn't get any attention. We went across the street to Macy's and spent $6000 on a sectional we love. We also got the attention we needed to buy it! Honestly, my husband and I are real easy to get along with and don't require a lot. It was a very strange and disappointing experience. All we could think was that maybe we just weren't dressed well enough to be seen as serious customers. We're telling everyone we know about our experience!

• Ki
      19th of Nov, 2013

I wish I would have seen the posts. We purchased a beautiful sectional; had it delivered on Saturday, it was broken by Sunday. Needless to say, they aren't even coming to repair it for at least 10 days. Their customer service person was rude and condescending as well. I will never buy from them again.