Korean Air / Charged twice

United States Review updated:

I want to let potential Korean Air customers know that the company cancels your whole reservation in case of no-show for any leg of the trip. Then, if you try to use any other part of your ticket, they tell you - at the airport counter! - That your whole reservation has been cancelled (used and unused part) and you have to buy another set of tickets.

That is - no changing-date fine, charge, nothing - you essentially buy the same tickets again.

I sent a complaint to their customer service dept and received a reply saying that it is Korean Air policy, which is stated on the tickets. Well, might be, but in case of e-tickets you obviously see nothing.

Actually, I did attempt to find out the terms of use of the tickets and was rewarded with illegible set of acronyms, abbreviations etc.

My unawareness of the fact and Korean Air failure to inform of it cost me USD5, 095. No compensation offered.
Va

More Korean Air Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Qu
  24th of Jan, 2010
I had a very difficult time dealing with Vancouver korean airline staffs. Instead of resolving the problem, they kept saying NO REFUND! All I wanted from them is a simple APOLOGY and GUIDING ME THE WAY TO KOREA. Such a bad attitude to customer. One of the staffs jump over to the counter by putting her hands on my bagage while I was talking to the head supervisor(Lee Yun Gyu). No apology ever! Maybe because I had an economy class ticket? I will never get close to Vancouver Korean airline again. I gave up the frieght ticket and bought another one from Air canada. I will make a list of complaints to them after my vacation.