Kmart / would not hire me due to misdemeanor charge

1 13200 aurora ave n seattle wa 98133Seattle, WA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 206-363-6319

I had applied 4 a job at kmart I had got hired they did a back ground check on me revealed 2 petty misdeameoner charges called me today said they could not hire me due to back ground check never lied on app or nothing. This really amazes me I have been working 4 the federal government for over a year I make 13.50 he and they do a big back ground check on me I passed that one but not kmart I am very very angry.

Comments

• Li
      28th of Jan, 2010

I called temp service today and they told me no misdeameoners on my record if i want to apply for jobs. That sucks this was 7years ago, whats this country coming to we need to kick start the economy had employers aren't hiring over petty crimes. i had drinking problem at one time in my life and it taken alot of hard work to get past all that. I've been to college and i can't get a $9.75 an hr job. I hope all the clean record ppl can help build the economy b/c ppl like me are left in the cold. Oh wait a minute its those types that got us were we are in the first place.

• Hu
      15th of Jun, 2016

This ... How was this a complaint on Kmart? This sounded more like a complaint on state or federal system.

Despite the pay, the position your in whether it be handling cash or dealing with customers( customer service) may also relate to you being denied at one job and not the other. And I'm sure you know this. Hopefully now that time has passed you are having better luck.